EP Hockey 2009

Any other sports

Re: EP Hockey 2009

Postby clear cut » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Haha, lets hope the 'glubs' don't struggle too much hey. I think you've been misinformed Barksy, signing up and down is still permitted but the opposing coach of second game (so if B Grade plays before A's than the A Grade coach must permit the B Grade players), as it has been done from the start. This is completely fair if you ask me cause then only the players seen as B Grade players can play both, it evens the competition up for those that don’t have the numbers. You can only recruit so many players in a town run by Football and Netball. Advantageous to the A grade coach you'd imagine too, wears out the B Graders for A Grade. lol
clear cut
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Block » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Actually, i heard the same as CC, was actually planning on calling you tonight Barksy regarding myself, Adam Woer and D. Paddo playing B Grade tomorrow, but are you saying you won't allow it?
Block
Mini-League

Postby barksoff » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:43 pm

correct ! why should you three stooges able to play 2 games when brooksy and gibbo sit on bench all game !!!! i know what i would be telling you and your club !! remember they pay subs but cant get a run yet you want to be signed up !! go and have a long think mate !
barksoff
Rookie

Postby Block » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:00 pm

You want to play against young kids and inexperianced players? Wow, that a whole new low if you ask me. Us three 'stooges' are B Grade players who are called up to play A Grade due to the lack of skilled players in Port Lincoln. we rarely have subs for A Grade let alone B's and Brooksy won't be around to play much longer due to work obligations. Our club does the best with what we have and when we recuit players capable of taking our places we'll gladly play the one game of A grade, you obviously have no idea of what you're talking about.
Block
Mini-League

Postby clear cut » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:15 pm

oooo, lol, fair calls either side, but i gotta agree with block here (pretty sure i know who you are now too). :lol:
I can't believe that Gibbo bloke still plays, trippy watching him run! haha
clear cut
Mini-League

Postby blink » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:23 am

Good to see I didn't miss anything interesting on this thread after being away on holidays for a week....

:roll:
blink
League - Best 21

Postby clear cut » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 am

Saw the results of the Flinders B Grade game in the paper this morning, can only assume no players were signed down with a score like that. Care to admit you were wrong Barksy!? Lol
clear cut
Mini-League

Postby ravendale rulz » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am

lack of support at the crisis meeting by the hockey fraternity makes us look bad and that we don't care. some people need to lift their game on the hockey side.

Thank god for the PLCC our saviours. We always knew we had backup at least now it is their problem and not ours
2012 Its Rooster Time
ravendale rulz
Under 18s

Postby haloman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:20 pm

clear cut wrote:Haha, lets hope the 'glubs' don't struggle too much hey. I think you've been misinformed Barksy, signing up and down is still permitted but the opposing coach of second game (so if B Grade plays before A's than the A Grade coach must permit the B Grade players), as it has been done from the start. This is completely fair if you ask me cause then only the players seen as B Grade players can play both, it evens the competition up for those that don’t have the numbers. You can only recruit so many players in a town run by Football and Netball. Advantageous to the A grade coach you'd imagine too, wears out the B Graders for A Grade. lol

This signing players up/down has become a farce. It is the only sport or association I know of in which you need to ask the "permission" of another club to play people in two grades on the same day. If the clubs are left to decide who is able to be signed up or down you get wha has happened this year..............clubs looking out for their own interests. Marauders Mens are certainly the major example of exactly this. Panthers B grade appear to be doing the same thing whilst their A grade lads really don not seam to care to much. There is a common denominator in both these groups and I believe this person is acting in his own best interests and not that of the sport. Yes we all know Flinders need to do more to recruit players. Yes it maybe unfair to see players running around in B grade that should be playing A grade. But do we really want forfits like we had two weeks ago? For the competitions sake...........of course we don't. Ironically I was asked three weeks back if Marauders could sign down a guy who had played A grade so he could play B grade "if they were short". Ironically the same day Marauders refused to sign up anyone who had played Mens B grade into the A grade, Marauders womans teams asked Flinders to sign players. When they understandably refused...........they were called bad sports. Flinders are not all squeaky clean here either...... On Saturday just gone Wanderers signed a heap of players down for Mens B grade to ensure a competitive game....which we got. Our woman were missing 3 important A grade players which forced 3 B grade girls to come up and "fill in" in womans A grade. Some of these girls did not play a full game.........When it came time for Flinders to sign these girls back down to B grade....the grade the play every week....... they were told Flinders would not sign them. ARE U KIDDING ME!!!! Have some consistancy throughout your club please.
Wanderers position on signing players up/down is consistant from both the Mens and Womans side of things. If we are asked.......we will sign in the minor rounds............don't bother asking in the finals. All clubs know this. We want competitive matches every week in all grades. We want everyone to have the opportunity to have a player or two on the bench incase someone gets injured and so if your tired........you can come off. This PREVENTS injuries from occuring.
Whatever each clubs individual policy is on signing players it needs to be consistant throughout their club.........THIS MEANS MENS AND WOMANS. Wanderers policy is clear, consistant and will not change regardless of how other clubs choose to do things.
So for the people out there who wish to ask me as I'm running out on the field......"Why are u guys signing Harvey down?" don't bother asking anymore. My question to you people is "Why be such a tool about things?" The person who asked that question obviously has a very short memory......his club asked us to sign someone the week before. Text book definition of hypocrite.
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Block » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 pm

I agree with you Haloman, but don't be mistaken, Flinders have done plenty to try and recruit, as has been said before, it's not exactly easy to recruit new players in a town run by football and netball. Generally the only new players that come into the PLHA are those moving to Lincoln.
The reason Wanderers were asked to sign down more players this week was because a couple of our A Graders were away, so we didn't have much choice in the matter, it's something we gladly do for any other team that is short on the day. and especially with Flinders B Grade mens team, we don't consider ourselves as bringing players down from A Grade to play B's, in fact those players are B Graders who are required to play A Grade so our A Grade can field a team, surely this can be seen with how we performed on Saturday. Generally both our mens B Grade and A Grade sides are lucky to have one on the bench WITH the sign up/down rule. And even if our B Grade side were to have extra on the bench, are we meant to field a side full of complete amateurs? Do you think coping a hiding will encourage them to continue playing and learning? Flinders won't field a team of kids and amateurs, with a couple older experienced players just for them to get flogged; it's not fair on any of them. If anything it puts us at risk of loosing players.
I know of no other comp where teams have to ask permission to have players, what’s the point of the assoc. if they tell the teams to sort shit out themselves?
Flinders are continually recruiting, the B grade side has been short for years and it takes time to add players, you can’t just say I will recruit this week and end up with 6 new players, 'skilled' players at that! The fact that we only require 3 permits to field a competitive team shows there is some progress.
Not signing those players down in the finals, which have played all season though, is crap, why bother with a competitive season and then suddenly change your mind come finals? The kids that play up will have a clear sense of unsportsmanlike like activity I guess?? Is this what we, as adults, promote??
You ask me, these rules really haven't been thought through, and by NO MEANS encourage recruiting.
Last edited by Block on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Block
Mini-League

Postby haloman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:43 pm

So u think it is unreasonable to expect a club who nominates an A and B grade at the start of the season to not have sorted out two seperate teams come finals time? If you don't have the players.......don't nominate the team at the start of the year. Maybe then people will get the message. The bottom lin is Flinders do have enough players to field two seperate teams come finals time. If you don't believe that then you need to go see Julie and get a list of all your registered players. Don't forget just because a player is of B grade standard across the competition doesn't make that so at the bottom placed club. If the Patto's or yourself are in the best 11 players at your club in any given year then guess what............Your an A grader.........end of story. We have no problem signing players up or down until finals time. If they have been playing two grades all year................so what! You nominate two sides therefore you should be reasonably expected to fill two side come finals time.
Things pop up during the year........most of us understand that. Players get sick, go away etc. But if you haven't got 22 guy's who can make themselves available for a final.............why should a club that does have be penalised by playing against A graders in a B grade final? So don't go telling me that stance is crap. What IS crap is what Flinders did to our woman on Saturday.........perhaps you should concern yourself that instead. Wanderers looked after Flinders Men AGAIN. Flinders did not return the favor for Wanderers in the Womans. Kind of blows your agrumnet up in smoke. Maybe you need to convince your woman's teams of your own arguement.
How dare you say Wanderers are teaching our Kids that play seniors to be unsporting. We are TRYING to teaching them to be organised and committed. Time for Flinders to do the same.
As for Marauders, SOME of you need to learn to stay out of other people's business. What we at Wanderers choose to do when we are playing Flinders is OUR business not yours.
Choco Williams Lives!!! We have seen the REVOLUTION come and go. You have "LIVED THE CREED". All you Power people are now gonna have to "KEEP THE FAITH". Slogan for 2010-11 PAFC.....or is it PAPFC.......I never get it right.
haloman
Under 18s

Postby ravendale rulz » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:47 pm

We are always willing to help but not anymore after we were shafted the last couple of weeks.
Your right haloman it is crap.
2012 Its Rooster Time
ravendale rulz
Under 18s

Postby Block » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:19 pm

The women have taken their stance after what happen to our Men's B Grade team against Marauder's, yet our Men's A Grade and B Grade chose to continue signing down and you're having a go at me about it? :shock: I don't deal with the women’s grades so that's something you'll have to take up with them, not me, why would I concern myself with that!? And are you purposing that we don't even bother siding a B Grade team just because we have to sign down players? Do you purpose those few people that we do have that only play the one B Grade game miss out coz you don't agree with B Graders playing B Grade and A Grade? How are we expected to recruit then if we have no B Grade team!? How do you expect us to keep those B Grade players we have if we have no B Grade!?!? Registered players means nothing, we have players that come from Adelaide every now and then play a couple games for us through out the year, players that start the season but end up not coming back out. All this has really ruined the sport for me, the fact that people are so anal with such petty things, it's pathetic, it's not like we have the likes of Sammy V or Chuckie playing B Grade, hell, even in prior years when we did have Chucky we still lost and no one complained then. All of a sudden we've become competitive and people have a problem!? You'd rather play amateurs and win and make yourself feel good? You just want an easy ride to the finals that's all. And don't go telling me you done Flinders a favour, you yourself played both grades on the weekend, you wouldn't have played a game at all if you didn't sign us down, you did the 3 players for Flinders who play only B Grade and the rest of your B Grade team a favour. If you prefer we can forfeit every week and bring our B Grade players up to A Grade where they're out of their depth and probably won't get a lot of game time, but I imagine it wouldn't bother you cause you've got your teams sorted and couldn't care less about assisting your fellow hockey men. I started playing hockey because I thought it was fun, relaxed and Friendly, now I realise how wrong I was. Flinders Men are very much organised with what we have, unfortunate yes that we cannot fill 2 separate teams. The fact we get penalised for it by playing people down that have less skill than most other B Graders!? Fair? Ahh, NO! Bet you'd see it differently if the tables were turned!
But obviously my words are wasted cause you couldn't really care less about the other PLHA clubs.
Block
Mini-League

Postby ravendale rulz » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Block wrote:But obviously my words are wasted cause you couldn't really care less about the other PLHA clubs.

And why would we. It is up to you to get to our level
2012 Its Rooster Time
ravendale rulz
Under 18s

Postby Block » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:30 pm

my point proven
Block
Mini-League

Postby haloman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Block I'll try and spell this out for you. We (AS IN WANDERERS) have signed up or down for Flinders all season in both Mens and Womans grades. Your woman had the opportunity to do the same for our woman on Saturday and didn't........it doesn't get much clearer than that. Wanderers are NOT Mauraders. I went to Wayne Harvey myself the previous week to assure him Wanderers would sign anyone down to B grade from A grade just to make sure our B Grade boys got a match. Why choose to do that to us when we are trying to help you out? Makes no sence. I'm one of the few that believes in signing players to ensure games are played not forfited. Wanderers have supported me up until now however that is now bound to change after last Saturday. You have not helped your own cause.
haloman
Under 18s

Postby Block » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:45 pm

I'll spell this out for you: Flinders women has nothing to do with me, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM!! Flinders men have been happy to sign up and down and i have supported AND encouraged that for all season AND finals assuming no one pushes the limits and tries to play someone that is clearly of A Grade quality.
Block
Mini-League

Postby haloman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Block wrote:The women have taken their stance after what happen to our Men's B Grade team against Marauder's, yet our Men's A Grade and B Grade chose to continue signing down and you're having a go at me about it? :shock: I don't deal with the women’s grades so that's something you'll have to take up with them, not me, why would I concern myself with that!? And are you purposing that we don't even bother siding a B Grade team just because we have to sign down players? Do you purpose those few people that we do have that only play the one B Grade game miss out coz you don't agree with B Graders playing B Grade and A Grade? How are we expected to recruit then if we have no B Grade team!? How do you expect us to keep those B Grade players we have if we have no B Grade!?!? Registered players means nothing, we have players that come from Adelaide every now and then play a couple games for us through out the year, players that start the season but end up not coming back out. All this has really ruined the sport for me, the fact that people are so anal with such petty things, it's pathetic, it's not like we have the likes of Sammy V or Chuckie playing B Grade, hell, even in prior years when we did have Chucky we still lost and no one complained then. All of a sudden we've become competitive and people have a problem!? You'd rather play amateurs and win and make yourself feel good? You just want an easy ride to the finals that's all. And don't go telling me you done Flinders a favour, you yourself played both grades on the weekend, you wouldn't have played a game at all if you didn't sign us down, you did the 3 players for Flinders who play only B Grade and the rest of your B Grade team a favour. If you prefer we can forfeit every week and bring our B Grade players up to A Grade where they're out of their depth and probably won't get a lot of game time, but I imagine it wouldn't bother you cause you've got your teams sorted and couldn't care less about assisting your fellow hockey men. I started playing hockey because I thought it was fun, relaxed and Friendly, now I realise how wrong I was. Flinders Men are very much organised with what we have, unfortunate yes that we cannot fill 2 separate teams. The fact we get penalised for it by playing people down that have less skill than most other B Graders!? Fair? Ahh, NO! Bet you'd see it differently if the tables were turned!
But obviously my words are wasted cause you couldn't really care less about the other PLHA clubs.

You say all this rubbish like it means something. Like Wanderers should feel guilty because we have players. We help Flinders year after year signing players to ensure games with no questions asked. The only club between the two (Flinders and wanderers) who have refused to sign players is Flinders so get off your soap box cause your making yourself look very bloody stupid. Hockey is all those things you listed off. However, at the end of the season, there can only be one winner. Are you saying Flinders players come finals time DON'T care about winning they are just interested in having fun and being social. We work away all year to put ourselves in a position to have two seperate teams come finals time and are then expected to come up against Flinders sporting 2 or 3 A graders in your B Grade team. Are you saying that is fair and reasonable? You think all these players just turn up to play for us? We have to keep recruiting just like everyone else Block. You say registered players mean nothing. Bullshit. The number of players Flinders have registered this year is very close to the number Wanderers have registered. We have had Jimmy play this season and Turbo and they are only part timers. You can't keep hold of the players that turn out for you. Go and get a list of all those players and their registration forms, ring them up and keep following them up. Is called FOLLOW UP. When I got back to Port Lincoln I had been a Flinders player before I left. You know how many Flinders people rang to ask if I wanted a game..........ZERO. That is the history, and present, of the Flinders hockey club. Members like you block who feel like the association owes YOUR CLUB something. Stop expecting everyone else to do your work for you, get off your high horse and fix your own backyard before accusing other clubs, namely ours, of being selfish.
haloman
Under 18s

Postby haloman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:01 pm

Block wrote:I'll spell this out for you: Flinders women has nothing to do with me, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM!! Flinders men have been happy to sign up and down and i have supported AND encouraged that for all season AND finals assuming no one pushes the limits and tries to play someone that is clearly of A Grade quality.

There is the classic difference between Wanderers and Flinders. Men or Woman, we are part of Wanderers. The way I see it if you are Wanderers member the Men, Woman and juniors have EVERYTHING to do with me. I support and follow them just like my own team. We also share information between each other. If we didn't I would know anything about this or be so pissed off about it. I don't understand how you can not see how hypocritical this is.
haloman
Under 18s

Postby clear cut » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Honestly, you two look like a couple of old bitter men arguing over who team is better - my team does this and my team does that! Pretty amusing actually, makes for some good humerous reading. :lol:

The association should have just left it as it was, there was no problem with the old system - you can't fix something that's not broken. :roll:

Talk about power hungry - "there's no rule there... hmmm, we can't have that, let make up some bulls**t one!" ](*,)
Haha, wonder who going to have a go at me first!? :axe:
clear cut
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports