Bathurst is Here

Any other sports

Re: Bathurst is Here

Postby Choccies » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:03 am

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:The last pole sitter to win was Murphy in 03. Hopefully Davison puts it in the wall on the warm up lap! :d

Could always repeat GT's start from last year..... ;)
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Bully » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:55 am

yes its here its great!!
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby the joker » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:04 am

Go Holden, i hope Skaifey and Murph win
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Bully » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:16 pm

the joker wrote:Go Holden, i hope Skaifey and Murph win

looks good so far
Bully
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:51 pm

A great last few laps with Murphy giving it everything, Holden 1,2 3 with the highest place Ford being the 888 car which will be a Holden next year. :?
Not much has changed in the championship with Whincup still leading the way.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Yep, great job by Tander and Davison.

Some lean years ahead for Ford fans... :(

Great drive by Murphy and also Holdsworth at the end there...
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Been liked: 31 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:Great drive by Murphy and also Holdsworth at the end there...

4/1000 OF A SECOND SEPERATED 3RD FROM 4TH :shock:
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Thiele » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Go Holden
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby Bully » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 am

HOLDEN !!
Bully
Coach

Postby BIG SEXY » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:32 am

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:Yep, great job by Tander and Davison.

will be lean for avesco too i think, cant see race fans flocking to the tracks to watch 2/3 of the grid in holdens dominate the competition. die hard holden fans might be noisy about how good they are but it wont get bums on seats
car 777 2010 class 7 state champions!
BIG SEXY
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Choccies » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:50 am

BIG SEXY wrote:

will be lean for avesco too i think, cant see race fans flocking to the tracks to watch 2/3 of the grid in holdens dominate the competition. die hard holden fans might be noisy about how good they are but it wont get bums on seats

Disappointing race for Ford fans but a good battle till the end. No-one was ever going to catch the #2 car however but it was good to see the battles for the minor positions go right to the wire. No matter what happens during the year there are always drivers who just love to drive at that place and Murphy is definitly one of those.

But what holds for the future ?? Holden dominance in both weight of numbers and performance against 'satellite' Ford teams.... Not a good scenario I don't think....

Time for Ford to get serious with the support or time for Toyota to join the fray....
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby Felch » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Choccies wrote:
BIG SEXY wrote:

Disappointing race for Ford fans but a good battle till the end. No-one was ever going to catch the #2 car however but it was good to see the battles for the minor positions go right to the wire. No matter what happens during the year there are always drivers who just love to drive at that place and Murphy is definitly one of those.

But what holds for the future ?? Holden dominance in both weight of numbers and performance against 'satellite' Ford teams.... Not a good scenario I don't think....

Time for Ford to get serious with the support or time for Toyota to join the fray....

I reckon the #51 car was the only one with the pace to even get close to Tander and Davison. They deserved the win, made less mistakes than anyone else and were consistant for speed in wet and dry.

The future of V8 Supercars is worrying, IMO. The way its headed, Ford could easily pull all backing from everyone - they do have past form of this !!! They do this with all forms of racing around the world, they have jumped in and out of WRC for decades.

You have to give GM credit, as they have always supported Aussie motorsport 100%.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 am

I reckon this car might just be worth a bit in a few years time...

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/F88B60F05CC3AE52CA25764C00820C50
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Been liked: 31 times

Postby tipper » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 am

Felch wrote:
Choccies wrote:
BIG SEXY wrote:

I reckon the #51 car was the only one with the pace to even get close to Tander and Davison. They deserved the win, made less mistakes than anyone else and were consistant for speed in wet and dry.

The future of V8 Supercars is worrying, IMO. The way its headed, Ford could easily pull all backing from everyone - they do have past form of this !!! They do this with all forms of racing around the world, they have jumped in and out of WRC for decades.

You have to give GM credit, as they have always supported Aussie motorsport 100%.

no they havent actually. for a long while there they supported rallying, but circuit racing was off limits, as per a ban from GM in america, hence the founding of the Holden Dealer Team. HDT was "officially" owned by the dealers, not the factory. they did get support through the back door from the factory here in australia, but it was not an official factory backed team. (mainly parts and upgrades to the base models being sold therefore making the upgrades available to the racers)

and holden arent in any better position to continue supporting racing. they did the same as ford did and cut their factory funding to three teams ( i think ford only support 2 now) one of those will just happen to be 888 racing next year. it has just been less publicised as they didnt choose to cut the funding to their highest profile and most successful team (currently that is) as ford did with 888.

there are actually plans at the moment to come up with a "clean sheet" racing car for competition in the next generation of the sport. it is supposed to be to reduce costs and increase participation of other manufacturers. the idea is that all cars will have exactly the same chassis, suspension, brakes, and more importantly, engine!! from what i have read it will become like nascar in the US, but without the stickers for headlights. real lights and body shapes etc but everything under the skin will be the same (not that much different to now)

the only question i have though is would the other manufacturers be interested (or bothered? ) in joining the "v8 supercars" if the racing cars have nothing at all to do with their road cars? at least ford and holden still sell v8 sedans that look similar to the race cars. why would toyota or mitsubishi want to back an aurion v8 or a lancer v8 ?(assuming that is the cars they would choose)

Still it will be interesting to see if and how the sport survives long term. getting some more manufacturers in there would re invigorate things imho but i dont think it will be as easy as some of the articles i have read make it sound.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby hearts on fire » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 am

how many Ford's are going to be left? it seems it may be an all Holden race soon.....
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Choccies » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 am

hearts on fire wrote:how many Ford's are going to be left? it seems it may be an all Holden race soon.....

hof, I believe it will be 20 Holdens to 10 Fords next year... Not good :roll:
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby Felch » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Choccies wrote:
hearts on fire wrote:how many Ford's are going to be left? it seems it may be an all Holden race soon.....

And not many of those Fords actually have a chance of winning !!!
Felch
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Choccies » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Felch wrote:
Choccies wrote:

And not many of those Fords actually have a chance of winning !!!

Maybe bring in reverse grid in race 2 to give them a chance.....
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:57 am

isnt toyota joining in a few years i heard??
Bully
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm

I wonder if Whincup will ever get a penatly for punting someone off! He punted Perkins off in Townsville I think it was after coming from two cars back and then punts again at Bathurst, again, no penalty.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports