Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Fluffbag wrote:The Rock bit did drag on for awhile but they may need to fill more time if Bray Wyatt is really injured

I was hoping that Stone Cold would join the party.

Did Bray hurt himself during the match?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Fluffbag wrote:The Rock bit did drag on for awhile but they may need to fill more time if Bray Wyatt is really injured

I was hoping that Stone Cold would join the party.

Did Bray hurt himself during the match?

it was reported he did before WM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2413 ... and-return
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:31 pm

seth rollins cashed in... now a triple threat!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:35 pm

rollins is champion!!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Excellent Wrestlemania.

First match was sensational, last match looked as stiff as any match I have seen and was a great advertisement for pro wrestling. A breath taking athletic contest that told a great story, made every character look a million dollars was not predictable but closed the show with a bang.

Between the first and last match there were plenty of chat amongst yourselves moments and some truly cringeworthy stuff but you are going to get that in a four hour show. H3's entrance was simply absurd and nothing short of stupid but the twists in the match saved it. The Stephanie getting in wrestlers face segment that must have gone for 25 minutes was typical self indulgent horse shit but at least they stayed out of the main event and left the wrestling to the wrestlers.

Found it odd that the whole show was performed in daylight but it didn't effect the show.

Really enjoyable show overall with a main event every wrestling fan needs to watch. Looking forward to watching the replay with the lads later.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:27 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Excellent Wrestlemania.

First match was sensational, last match looked as stiff as any match I have seen and was a great advertisement for pro wrestling. A breath taking athletic contest that told a great story, made every character look a million dollars was not predictable but closed the show with a bang.

Between the first and last match there were plenty of chat amongst yourselves moments and some truly cringeworthy stuff but you are going to get that in a four hour show. H3's entrance was simply absurd and nothing short of stupid but the twists in the match saved it. The Stephanie getting in wrestlers face segment that must have gone for 25 minutes was typical self indulgent horse shit but at least they stayed out of the main event and left the wrestling to the wrestlers.

Found it odd that the whole show was performed in daylight but it didn't effect the show.

Really enjoyable show overall with a main event every wrestling fan needs to watch. Looking forward to watching the replay with the lads later.

This is the biggest show of the year, there shouldn't be time fillers. I would much rather see a well-put together, meaningful tag title match with Kidd/Cesaro, or they could've used this time to have Miz v Mizdow if they decided to split them a couple of weeks ago.

Am very happy with the main event outcome though, and am guessing that wasn't Sting's last WWE match.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Mic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:49 pm

Just finished watching one of the greatest Wrestlemanias of all time. Didn't like Sting losing or shaking hands afterwards, but that was one of the very few faults. A complete shock after the poor build-up.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:47 am

one of the greatest of all time????
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:17 am

wristwatcher wrote:Excellent Wrestlemania.

I mentioned this as well to my mate. Took me awhile to adjust to it.

Loved the main event also but i dislike Rollins so i didn't enjoy him winning. :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Mic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:21 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:one of the greatest of all time????

Well there has only been 31 of them.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:59 pm

Mic wrote:

Wouldn't be top 5. would be lucky to be top 10
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:46 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Mic wrote:

Did you even watch it? Lol
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:49 am

mighty hounds wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Mic wrote:

yeah. production level it was awesome and the crowd was great too. BUT on a match stand point i've seen better...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Mic wrote:Well there has only been 31 of them.

yeah. production level it was awesome and the crowd was great too. BUT on a match stand point i've seen better...

X-7 is still the best one of all time IMO, and I've seen them all except yesterdays.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Mic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Mic wrote:

What would your top 10 be then?
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Gonna need some time to do that :lol:
I'll get back you
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:16 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Gonna need some time to do that :lol:
I'll get back you

Top 5 at least. :)
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby MJ_23 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:21 am

Seth Rollins and Brock continue to carry the company.

I know people continue to go on about the part time champion but Brock is worth every cent at the moment. Getting huge Pops every time he comes out and they have made him look unstoppable and the work Paul Heyman has been doing is exceptional.

Seth is my favourite wrestler by far with so much more potential growth.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Just finished watching wrestlemania 21, Thought it was a really good show and one of the best wrestlemania's i've seen!

Ladder match was awesome, always was going to be with the wrestlers involved. Loved the bit where harper sent ambrose through the ladders and BNB nailing ziggler with the bullhammer. Always good to see bryan win and watching 70,000 people chant yes is awesome.
Orton V rollins was a quality wrestling match, that RKO was amazing at the end. Rollins is a star in the ring and randy has always been good.
HHH V Sting was just hell of a spectacle to see nwo come out and fight dx was awesome, bit suprised H won but doesnt really matter was still awesome.
Divas Tag match was ok as i like paige and AJ but nothing great about it.
Rusev V Cena was a really good match i thought, rusev can really wrestle and Cena is good against people that can wrestle, also its good to see the US and intercontinental titles have some meaning to them now.
Rock and Ronda Rousey interrupting Steph and hunter was pretty cool, I reckon it will be HHH V rock next year and rousey V steph as rousey in a WWE ring will make them millions as the crowd loved her.
Taker V Wyatt was never going to be a great wrestling match due to takers age and wyatt being injured but i loved the theatre throughout the match, especially when wyatt was doing his spider walk and the deadman sat up like he does.
Reigns V Lesnar was one hell of a fight lesnar was the babyface really the crowd didnt want to get behind reigns, lesnar dominated the match as he should as hes just a phyiscal freak that no one can compare to but loved rollins cashing in as it was the only sensible option as im not sure reigns is ready and lesnar wont come back till summerslam.

All in all loved most of it and the pre show tag match was good fun as well as Mizdow turning on the Miz was great as the crowd ate that up.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Bully » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:58 am

AJ lee has retired from professional wrestling

would say it would be to tour with PUNK in his UFC career
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times