The facts are important !!!

Questions about the site? Ideas how to improve SAFooty? Let us know here!

The facts are important !!!

Postby LPH » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:40 am

It appears I picked the WRONG GAME to miss due to tiredness & illness, yesterday!!!

Listened to RPH - heard about the crowd stuff.
Reading here to find out what went on...

Mods have deleted stuff :?

Whilst I understand the 'legal' arguements etc.,

I too have become somewhat bemused by the amount of 'editing' that now occurs on this site - I have been a KEEN reader & contributor for 6 years now - the site AND MOST PEOPLE I have met are great - but...

Many of us go to 1 match a week, to support our own club.

With the DISGRACEFUL lack of genuine coverage in TV & Print Media of the SANFL Footy, I (assume others too) use this site to gain information about the ENTIRE competition that I love, particularly when 'incidents' occur, such as those @ Woody yesterday.

If we were to believe MOST pundits in the media, CENTRALS supporters are ALWAYS to blame for any 'skirmishes' etc... It is sites such as this, that INFORM us of the ACTUAL EVENTS & not the 'sensationalised & opinionated' beat-ups fed to us by particularly 'wrinkled, left wing, know-it-alls'.

Please Mods, can we have the facts?
I love this site & it's diversity but there is a limit to political correctness, is there not?

P.S. If in fact (proven) a player/official was involved in such an incident then the club has an OBLIGATION to act severely against ANY individual involved IMHO.
If children are being injured, that is DEPLORABLE - I don't allow my own son to go join the CS, for this reason.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: The facts are important !!!

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:27 pm

I think if you read the first 3 pages of the match review thread you will get a pretty accurate reflection of what happened, only mild moderating was required to remove quotes that could get our members in legal trouble. So Im not sure what your point is?

Like it or not this site has gone from a place where diehards discuss footy to a mainstream media outlet for the League, with that comes some responsibility to give a fair representation to everyone.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3570 times

Postby LPH » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:42 pm

The point was made in support of a Centrals supporter, stating that moderation occurs much more now, than it once did.

I would like to know the WHOLE story.

I wait with 'baited breath' to read what Voice has to say. 8)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:08 pm

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:The point was made in support of a Centrals supporter, stating that moderation occurs much more now, than it once did.

At first I was the only one in charge of the site, then as time went on we gained Moderators, then after that I brought in Dutchy and Diss as co-owners.
Interpretations are going to change with time and more people and as we gain more experience on how best to do deal with things.
We could probably be more consistent on some matters but are always looking to improve and welcome feedback.
:D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby oldfella » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm

I know from my own experience as a moderator on another site that it is often a hard call between what is fair comment - what is is unfair censorship - does what is a fair comment leave the site open to legal challenge ----- until you undertake a moderators role, it is very hard to imaging the problems that a on face value simple decision can make.

In this case I feel there is a need for the site to be careful what is posted not only to protect the site but the individual posters.
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Board index   General Talk  Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions, etc