Welsh Wizzards

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Welsh Wizzards

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Thinking about it, Wales has produced some outstanding left wingers over the years. Starting with the great Leighton James, Ryan Giggs and Gareth Bale. It's just a shame that there hasn't been enough quality on the rest of the park
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: Welsh Wizzards

Postby Pidge » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:11 am

Craig Bellamy too?
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I think at the moment you would take Giggs every time, consistently has won games for MU over 20 years. As a Spurs man, I hope Bale develops into having the impact that Giggs has on games.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Pidge » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Bulls forever wrote:I think at the moment you would take Giggs every time, consistently has won games for MU over 20 years. As a Spurs man, I hope Bale develops into having the impact that Giggs has on games.

At the moment Gareth Bale is arguably the best left winger in the World and in a purple patch of form. Soo, you'd definitely take him over Giggs right now.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Bulls forever » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Pidge wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:I think at the moment you would take Giggs every time, consistently has won games for MU over 20 years. As a Spurs man, I hope Bale develops into having the impact that Giggs has on games.

At the moment Gareth Bale is arguably the best left winger in the World and in a purple patch of form. Soo, you'd definitely take him over Giggs right now.

Point taken Pidge, what I was thinking didn't quite make the quote, if Bale can acheive what Giggs has in his 20 years at the top in both the EPL and Europe, then I certainly hope that he does it at the Lane. Bale has taken time to mature to his current level.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:56 pm

That's the key. Can Bale perform to the same level as Giggs has done for 20 years?
To be fair to him, Bale comes over as a very sensible, level headed young man. If he stays like that, then who knows.
But if he is turned to the dark side by the lure of big bucks then I doubt he would come close to Giggs.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bulls forever » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 pm

johntheclaret wrote:That's the key. Can Bale perform to the same level as Giggs has done for 20 years?
To be fair to him, Bale comes over as a very sensible, level headed young man. If he stays like that, then who knows.
But if he is turned to the dark side by the lure of big bucks then I doubt he would come close to Giggs.

I think as well as playing for a top EPL side, the lure of Europe is big, if Spurs can get through the group stage and progress to the round of 16, I think we will be safe this year, but with our current EPL form, the chances of having another year in the big one looks remote. Then the big test will come and the decisions made. I also think the possibility of a 60,000 capacity stadium is a longer term positive, whether it is a re developed Lane or the Olympic Stadium. I (like other YID's) can only hope.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer