Blackpool Season 2010/11

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Blackpool Season 2010/11

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:19 am

Well, I never thought I would be typing Blackpool and EPL in the same sentence :shock:

Anyway to get the thread off the ground (no pun intended ;) ), here is a story that doesn't suprise me at all

Pool forced into ground switch
Holloway's men to start season at DW Stadium as Bloomfield Road: Not ready yet

Blackpool have been forced to move their opening Premier League game with Wigan to the DW Stadium from Bloomfield Road. The game has been moved because of concerns over the redevelopment of Bloomfield Road.
The Seasiders cannot give the Premier League the 100 per cent guarantee it requires to stage the game because work on the east stand is yet to be finished.
Blackpool had requested an away match to start the season, but when the fixtures came out they found themselves at Bloomfield Road on the opening weekend of the campaign.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: Blackpool Season 2010/11

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:25 am

Ian Holloway is going to be a star in the EPL this year.

Great aftermatch interview on the local radio. The guy is a sandwich short of a picnic and it comes out very funny with that West Coast accent. Sky sports will never be the same again :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:11 am

Just watched Arsenal v blackpool. Geez the Tangerines are a rabble. I thought Burnley were bad away from home, but you can see some real hammerings coming Blackpools way. Score could have easily won 12 - 0
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:07 pm

yes i watched it also.

cant say much for wigan tho if blackpool are that bad and they beat wigan at wigan. think it will be a long season for both blackpool and wigan
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:10 am

Maybe add the spammers to your list too Bulldog. They were horrnedous at the back.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Hats off to Blackpool. By far the most entertaining side to watch in the premiership this year. Went down at Villa in another 5 goal thriller last night.

I've watched them a few times this season and I haven't seen a dull game yet. They play all out attack and whilst they will concede a few with that style they are free scoring too. But at least with them you are going to see plenty of goalmouth action.

Good onya Blackpool
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Hats off to Blackpool. By far the most entertaining side to watch in the premiership this year. Went down at Villa in another 5 goal thriller last night.

I've watched them a few times this season and I haven't seen a dull game yet. They play all out attack and whilst they will concede a few with that style they are free scoring too. But at least with them you are going to see plenty of goalmouth action.

Good onya Blackpool

JTC, couldn't agree with you more, they are now my second side, you can only admire what they and their manager are doing. We have a Blackpool supporter at work and he hasn't stopped smiling since they got promoted. I only hope the games where they have been flogged does not come back to haunt them later in the year.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 am

Even the goaless draw at West Ham was full of action. Holloway is a smashing bloke. He lives in the same village as me and drinks in the same pub. I was with him on Tues and he is as funny off camera as he is on.

Apologies for the name dropping.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:42 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Even the goaless draw at West Ham was full of action. Holloway is a smashing bloke. He lives in the same village as me and drinks in the same pub. I was with him on Tues and he is as funny off camera as he is on.

Apologies for the name dropping.

JTC, you are excused, what village you from, I spent about 10 days in Rishton a couple of years ago and toured most of Lancashire, unfortunately in the summer and didn't get to see any soccer (football) games. Another win overnight to the "Tangerines", just hope they don't do what the Clarets did last year, so much promise only to fall short.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Did anyone see Varneys first goal for Blackpool. If that had been Rooney it would be splashed all over the sports pages. Great strike, and DJ Campbell was only a yard or so wide of topping it with a lob from the half way line.

Holloway has offered his resignation if the club is fined for fielding a weakened side at Villa despite only going down 3-2.

Why is it only the small clubs who get questioned about this. Last year it was Wolves now Blackpool. Yet Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U do it every week. They just call it squad rotation. Surely if clubs have to declare a 25 man squad they should have the right to pick from that squad without the fear of getting fined or even worse getting points deducted
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm

If Holloway does resign we'll have him at Turf Moor. he is settled in the area so no need to up sticks and move
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby smithy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 am

Despite the mayhem of a will-he-won't-he day for Charlie Adam, the Scottish midfielder has moved to assuage any fears he will react badly to his failed moves to Liverpool and then Tottenham, saying: "It's been a crazy day. I'm still a Blackpool player and I want the Blackpool fans to know I'm totally committed to playing the best I can for the club, and I will do my best to help us achieve the highest possible league finish."

Better hope Torres didn't write this press release for Adam.
smithy

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Looked a complete rabble against Wolves, and without Campbell and Adams, you have wonder where their next win will come from on that performance.

Despite the charity from Spurs mid week, I can see them getting dragged into the drop zone.

Bottom 3 for me at this stage, Wigan, WBA, Blackpool.
Maybe swap Wigan with b4st4rds who also looked pretty inept agsint Villa and have lost Nelson after being carded in added time.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Looked a complete rabble against Wolves, and without Campbell and Adams, you have wonder where their next win will come from on that performance.

Despite the charity from Spurs mid week, I can see them getting dragged into the drop zone.

Maybe swap Wigan with b4st4rds who also looked pretty inept agsint Villa and have lost Nelson after being carded in added time.

well if they play spurs every week they might get their next wins. Yes spurs had an off night against Blackpool last week but Blackpool looked decent against them but yes played rubbish against wolves. I think Mic Mcartny would have liked wolves scoring in the first five minutes this time then conceding as wolves have leaked alot of first minute goals this season
Bully
Coach

Postby Pidge » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 am

johntheclaret wrote:Looked a complete rabble against Wolves, and without Campbell and Adams, you have wonder where their next win will come from on that performance.

Just remember that in April, Blackpool have something like 4 home games in a row and from memory at least 2 or 3 were against teams with similar ladder positions. That should get them across the line if they did fall into the relegation battle..
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:46 am

They were easily beaten on Saturday at Wolves and they were poor agsint West Ham at Bloomfield Rd. Their problem will be the depth of the squad. Campbell and Adams are out and they don't really have any quality replacements.

It's this time of the season when cards and injuries start to make a real difference to the players available. It catches all the newly promoted sides who simply haven't had the time or money to build a decent squad.

That's how teams like Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham etc survive.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Not seen Ollie in the pub for about a month now, but by all accounts he will be off to Villa if Blackpool don't survive this year.
News is the board are very concerned about Houlliers on going health issues and it is affecting the team.

Meanwhile Ollie is still hurting from his non contract at the start of the year and isn't impressed with the lack of funds he's had this season, allegedly ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Hope they stay up. They have been good for the comp, oh and they did pinch all 6 pts off the scousers :D
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby heater31 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Good Article here about the Club and its manager......

The man who proves it isn't about money

LMAO at his description of the Chesterfield Game :lol:

"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best," Holloway said at the time.

"Our performance today would have been not the best-looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren't the best-looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have a coffee."
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Bully » Mon May 02, 2011 10:05 am

wow, what a big game it maybe for blackpool in the last game at Man Utd.
Bully
Coach

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer