Transfer Rumours 2009/2010 Season

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Transfer Rumours 2009/2010 Season

Postby Pidge » Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 am

As another season comes to an end, clubs will be looking at bringing in some new players.....

A rumour from Leeds is that Jermaine Beckford has rejected a contract extension and has been put up on the transfer market.... I hope this is wrong...I want him to stay and get us to the Championship.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed May 27, 2009 1:57 am

Spurs are apparently making an offer for Gareth Barry. He's a Yid at heart, so I hope this is true.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 27, 2009 4:58 am

Pidge wrote:As another season comes to an end, clubs will be looking at bringing in some new players.....

A rumour from Leeds is that Jermaine Beckford has rejected a contract extension and has been put up on the transfer market.... I hope this is wrong...I want him to stay and get us to the Championship.

Sorry Pidge, not a rumour. Confirmed today that Beckford is on the transfer list after refusing a contract at Leeds. Delph will also be off.

Re-building again for 2010 I'm afraid mate.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby smithy » Wed May 27, 2009 6:44 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Spurs are apparently making an offer for Gareth Barry. He's a Yid at heart, so I hope this is true.

Don't forget Joey Barton :lol:
smithy

Postby JK » Wed May 27, 2009 8:58 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Spurs are apparently making an offer for Gareth Barry. He's a Yid at heart, so I hope this is true.

I hope it's true too
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bully » Wed May 27, 2009 11:54 am

get in line mate hes an Arsenal man next season as we are after him ;)
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Pidge » Wed May 27, 2009 10:47 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Pidge wrote:As another season comes to an end, clubs will be looking at bringing in some new players.....

Sorry Pidge, not a rumour. Confirmed today that Beckford is on the transfer list after refusing a contract at Leeds. Delph will also be off.

Re-building again for 2010 I'm afraid mate.

Ive heard some great reviews about Delph.. and on Beckford, i would like him to stay, but he is Championship quality at least. Just got a shirt with his name and number on the back too... then he leaves :(
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby Pidge » Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 am

To make things worse, Sam Sodje who was on loan from Reading and has done really well for Leeds is rumoured to be very close to signing for Bristol City, so its all turning to s5it at the moment
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Garry Barry - What a money grabbing douchebag. Can't blame him really, as he's receiving one hell of a payday by trotting off to Citeh. BIG sign on fee plus a reported GBP100k per week deal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5360063,00.html

Citeh's team is starting to look reasonable. They still won't be a threat unless they can learn how to win away from (middle)eastlands.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Last season Barry wanted to join Liverpool to play CL football.

Now he's gone to a club who won't even be in Europe!

Spurs have signed an Arsenal kid in Anton Blackwood, an 18 year old centre back.

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2177
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby MST » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Manchester City are an enormous train wreck waiting to happen. I predict Mark Hughes will be shown the door by early September and that's not a slight on 'sparky'.

Have to agree with you DA, Barry must be a plank. Villa are a better shout of European football again next season than City are.

Apparently Tevez's agent wants him to go to City too....Surely he will either stay at United, where he is guaranteed big matches week in, week out and a chance of more silverware or go to a club with some pedigree in Europe and also a big chance of silverware, say for example Liverpool ;)
MST
Under 18s

Postby JK » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:59 pm

One of the Rumours on http://www.lfcdownunder.com.au/forum
Unfortunately Alonso will not be at Liverpool next season and wishes to move back to Spain. The obvious destination will be Real Madrid. This will also help Liverpool in a way as it will give us more money for transfers. Along with Alonso (£25M) the departures will be Voronin (£3M), Itandje (£0.5M), Degen (£2M), Leto(£3M), Hobbs(0.5M) and finally Babel(10M) who will go to Atletico Madrid and a friendly will be arranged as part of the deal.
That gives Liverpool 44M plus 10M from the Keane deal is a total of 54M
Rafa will buy 2 big signings this summer as he doesn't want a repeat like what happened to Houllier. Plus 2 medium name signings and 1 small name signing. The small name signing will be a young CB replacement for the Legend Hyypia and this will be Mathias Jørgensen for £2M. The two medium signings are both english and both play in the Premier league. One is Gareth Barry who will replace Alonso nad the other is Glen Johnson who will both sign for £10M each. The two big signings will be David Silva (£20M) who Rafa admires a lot and will go higher then the original £15M to sign him and the other will be a transfer record for Liverpool but isn't Tevez (Stay at Manc) or Aguero. It is actually Ezequiel Lavezzi who will sign for £22M. The only reason i can see that Rafa prefers him to Aguero is because of his versatility as he can play as a left or right winger and as a striker or secong striker. A total spend of £64M which leaves £10M from the owners to cough up. Lavezzi will play up front with Torres in a 4–1–3–2 formation with Masherano holding on his own and then gerrard dropping into CM and having Silva on the Left and Kuyt on the right. However this formation will change for more important games which Rafa will have the original 4–2–3–1 with Masherano and Barry holding, Gerrad behind Torres with Silva on the left and Lavezzi on the right who will bring strength, skill and pace to the wing. Also Lavezzi can play behind Torres in that formation as can Silva which will give us backup for injuries to our main two players. Lavezzi can also play up front with gerrad or Silva behind him if Torres is injured. Although i wasn't sure about these signings at first they actually make sense and fit in to our current squad. Again Rafa the tactical genius has got it right again.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bully » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 pm

all the talk was for barry wanting to leave A Villa at end of season because he wanted champions league football. now he has moved to city, yes i believe they will play european football but not championsleague tho, only europa league.

he has him to blame for this and him only.
Bully
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:00 pm

City are not even in the Europa League next season mate.

Rafa would be absolutely mad to get rid of Alonso unless he really, really wants to go and I haven't seen anything to suggest that. IF Barry was signed by Liverpool then that would surely signal his exit but now that is not happening Liverpool should be doing everything to keep him. It wouldn't bother me if he did move to Spain though as he is quality and one of their most important players.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby Bully » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:33 pm

yeah i know i mean the end of next season he will want to leave again because they wont make championsleague
Bully
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:56 am

Constance_Perm wrote:One of the Rumours on http://www.lfcdownunder.com.au/forum
Unfortunately Alonso will not be at Liverpool next season and wishes to move back to Spain. The obvious destination will be Real Madrid. This will also help Liverpool in a way as it will give us more money for transfers. Along with Alonso (£25M) the departures will be Voronin (£3M), Itandje (£0.5M), Degen (£2M), Leto(£3M), Hobbs(0.5M) and finally Babel(10M) who will go to Atletico Madrid and a friendly will be arranged as part of the deal.
That gives Liverpool 44M plus 10M from the Keane deal is a total of 54M
Rafa will buy 2 big signings this summer as he doesn't want a repeat like what happened to Houllier. Plus 2 medium name signings and 1 small name signing. The small name signing will be a young CB replacement for the Legend Hyypia and this will be Mathias Jørgensen for £2M. The two medium signings are both english and both play in the Premier league. One is Gareth Barry who will replace Alonso nad the other is Glen Johnson who will both sign for £10M each. The two big signings will be David Silva (£20M) who Rafa admires a lot and will go higher then the original £15M to sign him and the other will be a transfer record for Liverpool but isn't Tevez (Stay at Manc) or Aguero. It is actually Ezequiel Lavezzi who will sign for £22M. The only reason i can see that Rafa prefers him to Aguero is because of his versatility as he can play as a left or right winger and as a striker or secong striker. A total spend of £64M which leaves £10M from the owners to cough up. Lavezzi will play up front with Torres in a 4–1–3–2 formation with Masherano holding on his own and then gerrard dropping into CM and having Silva on the Left and Kuyt on the right. However this formation will change for more important games which Rafa will have the original 4–2–3–1 with Masherano and Barry holding, Gerrad behind Torres with Silva on the left and Lavezzi on the right who will bring strength, skill and pace to the wing. Also Lavezzi can play behind Torres in that formation as can Silva which will give us backup for injuries to our main two players. Lavezzi can also play up front with gerrad or Silva behind him if Torres is injured. Although i wasn't sure about these signings at first they actually make sense and fit in to our current squad. Again Rafa the tactical genius has got it right again.

How does this bloke know that all of these trades 'will' happen? He's already WAY off the pace with Barry not signing and why would Real Madrid still want to pay 25m quid for Barry when they've just forked out 65m euros for Kaka?

Don't mean to shoot you down CP, but IMO, all of this is tripe.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:31 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Garry Barry - What a money grabbing douchebag. Can't blame him really, as he's receiving one hell of a payday by trotting off to Citeh. BIG sign on fee plus a reported GBP100k per week deal.

Citeh's team is starting to look reasonable. They still won't be a threat unless they can learn how to win away from (middle)eastlands.

Would that be Gareths brother mate ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Garry Barry - What a money grabbing douchebag. Can't blame him really, as he's receiving one hell of a payday by trotting off to Citeh. BIG sign on fee plus a reported GBP100k per week deal.

GBP100k per week....how wide of the mark was I:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1190654/Barry-Premier-Leagues-big-earners-Villa-City.html?ITO=1490

Gareth Barry's £6.7million a year Manchester City payday puts the 28-year-old among the Premier League's big earners.

The midfielder will earn £130,000-a-week following his £12m move from Aston Villa - just £14,000 less than the average house price in the north-west.

Barry's new pay packet will be nearly six times that of the average top flight footballer, who earns £23,000 a week (£1.2m a year) before tax.

That's just retarded. No wonder he signed. That's stupid money.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:34 am

johntheclaret wrote:

Would that be Gareths brother mate ;)

:oops: :oops: Hahahahahaha, from this day forward, he's Garry!!!! :lol:

Never know though, with the stupid money at Eastlands, they may have also bought his brother (he has 2 brothers, both of whom are Spurs season ticket holders) in the hope that he turns out half as good.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Re: Transfer Rumours 2009/2010 Season

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:35 am

devilsadvocate wrote:

GBP100k per week....how wide of the mark was I:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1190654/Barry-Premier-Leagues-big-earners-Villa-City.html?ITO=1490

Gareth Barry's £6.7million a year Manchester City payday puts the 28-year-old among the Premier League's big earners.

The midfielder will earn £130,000-a-week following his £12m move from Aston Villa - just £14,000 less than the average house price in the north-west.

Barry's new pay packet will be nearly six times that of the average top flight footballer, who earns £23,000 a week (£1.2m a year) before tax.

That's just retarded. No wonder he signed. That's stupid money.

Way too much for a player of his quality imo.
johntheclaret
Coach

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer