Aloisi has Heart.

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Aloisi has Heart.

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 am

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... -r6ad.html

New A-League club the Melbourne Heart have announced the signing of Socceroos star John Aloisi.

Aloisi, 34, will play what is likely to be the final season of his career in 2010-11 before moving into a coaching role with the foundation club.

Aloisi, best remembered for converting the penalty that put Australia through to the 2006 World Cup, admitted it was difficult leaving Sydney FC, but said joining the Heart was an appealing prospect.

"The main attraction was to be part of a huge club and I think this is going to be a massive club," he said on Monday.

"Also, to get involved in coaching and to be in the sporting capital of Australia, if not the world.

"Everyone knows that Melbourne is No.1 for sport - I want to be involved in that - and especially with a new club, we could build something here and I'm excited to start off with a new club because then I feel really part of it."

Aloisi said the Heart would aim high in their first season, and were a chance to win the premiership.

"I'm looking forward to it firstly as a player playing and scoring goals and hopefully winning the championship because that's going to be our goal," he said.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: Aloisi has Heart.

Postby Il Duce » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am

good signing for the heart with a man who has refound his form, also you might of wanted to post this in the Australian Soccer bit, just a thought.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/melbourne-heart-sign-john-aloisi-20100329-r6ad.html

New A-League club the Melbourne Heart have announced the signing of Socceroos star John Aloisi.

Aloisi, 34, will play what is likely to be the final season of his career in 2010-11 before moving into a coaching role with the foundation club.

Aloisi, best remembered for converting the penalty that put Australia through to the 2006 World Cup, admitted it was difficult leaving Sydney FC, but said joining the Heart was an appealing prospect.

"The main attraction was to be part of a huge club and I think this is going to be a massive club," he said on Monday.

"Also, to get involved in coaching and to be in the sporting capital of Australia, if not the world.

"Everyone knows that Melbourne is No.1 for sport - I want to be involved in that - and especially with a new club, we could build something here and I'm excited to start off with a new club because then I feel really part of it."

Aloisi said the Heart would aim high in their first season, and were a chance to win the premiership.

"I'm looking forward to it firstly as a player playing and scoring goals and hopefully winning the championship because that's going to be our goal," he said.

Love the part about the main attraction being to be part of a huge club :roll:

What isn't the current A-League champions from the biggest city in Australia not a huge club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5608 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:47 pm

I think that players just have the phrase "playing for a huge club" imprinted in their mind for whenever they join a new club.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer