RIP Adam Yauch, aka MCA of the Beastie Boys

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

RIP Adam Yauch, aka MCA of the Beastie Boys

Postby RustyCage » Sat May 05, 2012 12:12 pm

ADAM Yauch, aka MCA of the Beastie Boys, died Friday in New York at the age of 47.

"It is with great sadness that we confirm that musician, rapper, activist and director Adam "MCA" Yauch ... passed away in his native New York City this morning after a near-three-year battle with cancer," his rep said in a statement.

"Born in Brooklyn, New York, Yauch taught himself to play bass in high school, forming a band for his 17th birthday party that would later become known the world over as Beastie Boys," the statement added, about the hip-hop group he created in1979 along with bandmates Michael "Mike D" Diamond and Adam "Ad Rock" Horovitz.

GlobalGrind website first reported the news, which quickly became a top trending item on Twitter, with tributes pouring in from fans and his fellow musicians.

"Adam was incredibly sweet and most sensitive artist who I loved dearly and was always inspired by his work. He will be missed by all of us," hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, who was Yauch's mentor, said in a statement.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/beastie-boys-adam-yauch-dies-after-cancer-battle/story-e6frfn09-1226347408046
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Re: RIP Adam Yauch, aka MCA of the Beastie Boys

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun May 06, 2012 2:18 pm

You expect your music idols to die of misadventure, or old age...but not cancer at 47. Very sad.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: RIP Adam Yauch, aka MCA of the Beastie Boys

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Very sad, one of my all time favs
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times