Children Collide drummer departs - interesting press release

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Children Collide drummer departs - interesting press release

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:49 am

As revealed over the past few weeks, Children Collide have recently completed their third album ‘Monument’. Recorded at Melbourne’s Red Door Sounds with Paul ‘Woody’ Annison, the album will be released on April 20.

All three members of Children Collide poured their heart, souls and creative spirit into the creation of Monument, and it is a work that they are immensely proud of. They proudly proclaim it is their truest and best work to date. In the face of all of this, with a heavy heart the band announce the departure of Ryan Caesar in a mutual decision made this week. Caesar has played with the band since early 2007, the fourth drummer since Children Collide’s inception in 2004.

This announcement could be a vessel to spout various lines about “creative differences”, however that wouldn’t really be in the spirit of Children Collide. So, to be honest and forthright: the relationship between band members Ryan and Johnny has over the years disintegrated. Their fine body of work and energetic live synergy is a testament to their musical and creative connection, but it’s come to a point where touring as a unit is no longer pleasant. And that is that. This statement will, however be used to assure Children Collide’s devoted listeners that Ryan’s departure does not spell the end of the band. Johnny and Heath will continue to tour and record, and all Spinal Tap jokes aside, the future of who will take up the sticks as drummer #5 remains unwritten.

Ryan said of his departure:

It saddens me deeply to announce this unfortunate news. My relationships with my dear friend Heath Crawley, everyone at Crucial Music and all others involved with the band have been of foremost importance to me and have been the catalyst for the significant endurance that both I and I'm sure John have shown towards each other for these past few years.

With those close friendships in mind it is with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from Children Collide at the conclusion of this next tour. The band can not function as it should, or continue forward at all with the current tensions, and the situation - looked at from any perspective, can only be resolved by my leaving. I thank each and every person who has supported us thus far and those who have worked so hard for us. I'm eternally sorry that there was not more to give. I love you all. Ryan.

In a fitting farewell to Ryan, he will join the band on the imminent Sword to a Gunfight single tour, which launches into action all over the country through March and April. This will be audience’s last chance to see the trio with Ryan behind the kit, and the only chance for fans to see Ryan play songs from the new album live. Tickets are on sale now and the band implores the public to join them for this farewell.

In their current incarnation, Children Collide have traversed several continents, three albums, over ten headline tours and a great many more memorable moments. For now, as Children Collide are accustomed to doing, it is time to look ahead. The band look forward to a new album, a forthcoming tour and more thrilling new prospects in the wake of their impressive new record; Monument.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: Children Collide drummer departs - interesting press release

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Seen these guys twice, both time supporting Grinspoon and have thoroughly enjoyed their sets.

Energetic to say the very least.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Re: Children Collide drummer departs - interesting press release

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Glad it wont **** up the upcoming tour. looking forward to seeing them at the Gov.

Love Arrows, Skelleton Dance and Sword tio a Gunfight
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Board index   General Talk  Music