What's that song?

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

What's that song?

Postby nwdfanparade » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm trying to think of the title of a song I had on a single record (remember them?) until it went missing years ago along with all my other single records and a few LPs. I think it was called 5:50 or 9:50 or something like that. The song was about a guy waiting for a girl to turn up for a date and he was watching a clock as he got nervous whether the girl would turn up or not. The song title was the time the girl was supposed to turn up. Can't remember the (British) group but the song was probably released mid or late 60s.

I've searched Wikipedia and lyrics web sites but not accurately remembering the lyrics or title I haven't had much success working out what the song title is.

Can any one help?
thanks.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 156 times

Re: What's that song?

Postby CK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:55 pm

You may be thinking of the song "9.50", by The Twilights, I suspect (and yes, that is Glenn Shorrock with hair in the clip)

Can you guess where I'm calling from, the Las Vegas Hilton...
CK
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: What's that song?

Postby nwdfanparade » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes that's it :D :D :D

Much appreciated

Second question concerning the video clip. Is that John Bywaters, who ran a few pubs/nightclubs some years ago, in the back seat with the dark top and sideburns (remember them?)

p.s. loved a few of the other clips in the loop too! :D

cheers
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 156 times

Board index   General Talk  Music