Guvera - Free Downloads

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Guvera - Free Downloads

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 pm

http://www.guvera.com

Just wondering if anyone is using this website?

Joined up to download mostly mainstream electronica. Currently has it's limitations thanks to the infancy of the concept - you'll run out of free downloads pretty quickly, but the bigger downside is don't expect to find anything remotely obscure.

I suppose as the concept and site becomes more popular and more sponsors jump on board, you'll find yourself with more free downloads and more choice.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Guvera - Free Downloads

Postby zipzap » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 am

Quichey wrote:http://www.guvera.com

Just wondering if anyone is using this website?

Joined up to download mostly mainstream electronica. Currently has it's limitations thanks to the infancy of the concept - you'll run out of free downloads pretty quickly, but the bigger downside is don't expect to find anything remotely obscure.

I suppose as the concept and site becomes more popular and more sponsors jump on board, you'll find yourself with more free downloads and more choice.

I nearly signed up but decided against it with the heavy behind the scenes advertising linked to your account - I'd be interested in seeing how you go later on Quichey and whether or not you get bombarded with spam.
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

I used a minor email address to sign up, but yes, it will be interesting to see how it progresses.

To be honest, I very rarely download any music (I'm a CD tragic), but thought this might be a good and relatively easy way to add to my bank of electronica.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:04 pm

I generally just download torrents.
I normally get the whole discography of an artist in one go (I recently got System of a Down for example).
I tend to steer clear of those sort of sites.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby zipzap » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:I generally just download torrents.
I normally get the whole discography of an artist in one go (I recently got System of a Down for example).
I tend to steer clear of those sort of sites.

You got System of a Down, but they get nothing from you. At least Guevera is ensuring your favourite musicians get paid. I'm not convinced it's the way to go but I'm watching with interest.

(I know it's hypocritical but even though I have downloaded games, TV shows, movies etc, I can't bring myself to rip off musicians and the artists I listen to. Sometimes I might download an album ahead of release or if I'm curious about a new band I haven't heard, but if it's a keeper then you gotta pay for it I reakon.)
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby MatteeG » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

zipzap wrote:Sometimes I might download an album ahead of release or if I'm curious about a new band I haven't heard, but if it's a keeper then you gotta pay for it I reakon.)

Yep
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Board index   General Talk  Music