Amy Winehouse dead

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Re: Amy Winehouse dead

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Quichey wrote:#:-s

I know, sorry should of put a wink face with it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10428 times
Been liked: 1544 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby best on hill » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:39 pm

would we have this thread if it was a junkie from the street that a 1000 people had walked past had died!

i think not
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Leaping Lindner wrote:People with depression should just stop being depressed. It really is easy.

People with depression can get help if they want to. It's super easy. Just like a junkie can get help if they want to.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby southee » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:41 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:People with depression should just stop being depressed. It really is easy.

People with depression can get help if they want to. It's super easy. Just like a junkie can get help if they want to.

Some people dont cope well with it and I personally know a few that have lost the battle.

You can't pigeon hole "depression" it comes in many forms and types.

It is not easy. Its a sickness.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 861 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Yep, I realise this southee. I think everyone knows someone who is affected by depression and anxiety illnesses. It's a shame some don't seek appropriate treatment, and it can be difficult to spot in some people.

Being a junkie is pretty easy to spot though. I reckon I spotted it in Winehouse a couple of weeks ago. ;) Did her parents and friends do everything they could though? Couldn't they have had her committed? Reported her to police? I know if it was my kid, I'd try everything. Although her mothers comments that it was bound to happen speaks volumes.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Rehab and/or incarceration isn't an automatic cure. Far from it.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Leaping Lindner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:14 am

Quichey wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

It's common sense.

I hope you're being as sarcastic as LL :shock:

Extremely mate. Having spent a lot of time talking with addicts you find that depression is very much a common theme , and self medicating is a common symptom of that.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby overloaded » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:14 am

I think it is very very sad...was enough done to stop her self destruction? I dont think so, I think deep down alot of people were entertained by watching it and got a laugh out of it which I find deplorable.

Addict or not, she was a human being and somebody's daughter and the world watched her downward spiral and didnt (couldnt) stop it. Unfortunately, there are many more Amy Winehouse's out there, only not so many who have to live such a public life with no privacy and are forced to endure indiginities like being photgraphed in the most vulnerable moment so the world can see.

There are lessons to be learned from Amy Winehouse and personnaly it makes me determined to better understand drugs and addiction make sure my kids dont go anywhere near her path.
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Q. » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 am

http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/

When you love someone who suffers from the disease of addiction you await the phone call. There will be a phone call. The sincere hope is that the call will be from the addict themselves, telling you they’ve had enough, that they’re ready to stop, ready to try something new. Of course though, you fear the other call, the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it’s too late, she’s gone.

Frustratingly it’s not a call you can ever make it must be received. It is impossible to intervene.

I’ve known Amy Winehouse for years. When I first met her around Camden she was just some twit in a pink satin jacket shuffling round bars with mutual friends, most of whom were in cool Indie bands or peripheral Camden figures Withnail-ing their way through life on impotent charisma. Carl Barrat told me that “Winehouse” (which I usually called her and got a kick out of cos it’s kind of funny to call a girl by her surname) was a jazz singer, which struck me as a bizarrely anomalous in that crowd. To me with my limited musical knowledge this information placed Amy beyond an invisible boundary of relevance; “Jazz singer? She must be some kind of eccentric” I thought. I chatted to her anyway though, she was after all, a girl, and she was sweet and peculiar but most of all vulnerable.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby TEX07 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:57 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:
Quichey wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

It's common sense.

I hope you're being as sarcastic as LL :shock:

Extremely mate. Having spent a lot of time talking with addicts you find that depression is very much a common theme , and self medicating is a common symptom of that.

A good mate of mine has been suffering from depression for years, he is lonely, but does not try to seek out help. He attempted suicide about 18 months ago and ended up in hospital where he continually tried to harm himself. He has always been a heavy smoker of marijuana and always on the odd occasion used speed. It has only recently become clear that he is using speed alot more than the odd occasion as a way for him to be happy. The only difference between him and a Winehouse is money. If he could get more he would. I am continuously trying to spend time with him, do things to help him but there comes a time where I can do no more. I would think that Amy Winehouse's family would have been trying to sort her out for years, no one deserves to go like this and in the end its the family that now has to feel all the guilt. A sad way to go.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Music