SFL junior clearances

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

SFL junior clearances

Postby The Poacher » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:41 pm

I have heard that a clearances will "NOT" be granted to any junior player in the SFL wishing to transfer from one of the lower struggling clubs, to one of the stronger clubs if the stronger club has both a saturday and sunday team. Apparently this is because they already have the numbers and do not need the players, also has something to do with some 3 year rule [this one I'm not sure about]. This also applies to teams that only have a sunday team and/or participate in a different sunday league [this last one wouldn't happen in the SFL would it]. Check the clearances that are pending on the SFL teams clearance listings.
The Poacher

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: SFL junior clearances

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Not sure where you heard that one? But its not written in any SFL rule book
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Mister Footy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:15 pm

The Poacher wrote:I have heard that a clearances will "NOT" be granted to any junior player in the SFL wishing to transfer from one of the lower struggling clubs, to one of the stronger clubs if the stronger club has both a saturday and sunday team. Apparently this is because they already have the numbers and do not need the players, also has something to do with some 3 year rule [this one I'm not sure about]. This also applies to teams that only have a sunday team and/or participate in a different sunday league [this last one wouldn't happen in the SFL would it]. Check the clearances that are pending on the SFL teams clearance listings.

How do you access this SFL clearance list?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Waterboy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:30 pm

The Poacher wrote:I have heard that a clearances will "NOT" be granted to any junior player in the SFL wishing to transfer from one of the lower struggling clubs, to one of the stronger clubs if the stronger club has both a saturday and sunday team. Apparently this is because they already have the numbers and do not need the players, also has something to do with some 3 year rule [this one I'm not sure about]. This also applies to teams that only have a sunday team and/or participate in a different sunday league [this last one wouldn't happen in the SFL would it]. Check the clearances that are pending on the SFL teams clearance listings.

Regulation 1 1.2 iii) A Player wishing to be cleared from one a team to a two team club within the S.F.L. can do so with the agreement of his current club only, and the clearance can be referred to the Investigations Committee.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby vics01 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:37 pm

WATERBOY
Regulation 1 1.2 iii) A Player wishing to be cleared from one a team to a two team club within the S.F.L. can do so with the agreement of his current club only, and the clearance can be referred to the Investigations Committee.

What about the new issue of clubs fielding 3 teams will the same rule apply???? with 1 to 3 and 2 to 3????
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby The Poacher » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 pm

vics01 wrote:
WATERBOY

What about the new issue of clubs fielding 3 teams will the same rule apply???? with 1 to 3 and 2 to 3????

only informing you of a conversation that I had with a high up board member of one of these clubs, if its not accurate then I will apoligies.
The Poacher

Postby The Poacher » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Mister Footy wrote:

How do you access this SFL clearance list?

go to the menu.
go to LINKS FOR SOUTHERN RESULTS/CLEARANCES.
go to the 1st post.
click on the link for any club.[try the brighton link 1st.].
If you look at the right [from] club you will see about 5 clearances all u16's from the 1 club, these have all gone from pending to denied as of 23.03.2011.
this is what I was told would happen.
The Poacher

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:12 pm

In regards to Tony Lynch who has played 1 season in the Under 18s for Marion and then went to play in another league and he now has been refused clearance to Happy Valley. He says he would rather not play than play for Marion. Is the SFL going to insist a player doesnt play or plays in another league? And what happens if Marion cant get enough players for a B grade team? They shouldnt be allowed to put any senior teams in if I am interpretting the rule correctly? What happens to Tony Lynch then?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby vics01 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm

MF
In regards to Tony Lynch who has played 1 season in the Under 18s for Marion and then went to play in another league and he now has been refused clearance to Happy Valley. He says he would rather not play than play for Marion. Is the SFL going to insist a player doesnt play or plays in another league? And what happens if Marion cant get enough players for a B grade team? They shouldnt be allowed to put any senior teams in if I am interpretting the rule correctly? What happens to Tony Lynch then?

The SFL are HUA with regards to a number of important issues pertaining to the running of the league.

They put their head where the sun dont shine. The SFL board rave on about the Community Football Board not operating within their constitution then do exactly the same thing, or apply the rules as they see not in the true meaning of the rule.

PS: I think they call the new 3rd version junior draw better. I think this was done in the dark as well.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby The Poacher » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 am

Mister Footy wrote:In regards to Tony Lynch who has played 1 season in the Under 18s for Marion and then went to play in another league and he now has been refused clearance to Happy Valley. He says he would rather not play than play for Marion. Is the SFL going to insist a player doesnt play or plays in another league? And what happens if Marion cant get enough players for a B grade team? They shouldnt be allowed to put any senior teams in if I am interpretting the rule correctly? What happens to Tony Lynch then?

I dont know about individual players, I was told, what I thought was something interesting and thought it would be a good subject to bring up on this forum, what I was told is that NO JUNIOR PLAYER would be cleared. All I can say is what I was told seems to be happening, if the clubs board in question has a history of not clearing people on the 1st clearance application, or that the player still owe subs, or that they just like to be difficult, that is a story for another time. I have the same situation as you have stated above coming my way with one of the members of my family. He played for the team, went to another league for a year, wants to now play with his mates at another club, clearance needs to be lodged this week, not expecting it will go easy for him either. [he's 15]
The Poacher

Postby White Line Fever » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 am

Mister Footy wrote:In regards to Tony Lynch who has played 1 season in the Under 18s for Marion and then went to play in another league and he now has been refused clearance to Happy Valley. He says he would rather not play than play for Marion. Is the SFL going to insist a player doesnt play or plays in another league? And what happens if Marion cant get enough players for a B grade team? They shouldnt be allowed to put any senior teams in if I am interpretting the rule correctly? What happens to Tony Lynch then?

Tony Lynch played for Marion last year in A grade.
He was contracted so financials I'd assume are not a problem.

Why would his clearance be refused?
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Specky McGee » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:02 am

White Line Fever wrote:

Without knowing the specifics, I can only assume he is being held under the "A junior player must give 3 years senior service before being cleared to another club within the same league" rule.
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Specky McGee wrote:
White Line Fever wrote:

Without knowing the specifics, I can only assume he is being held under the "A junior player must give 3 years senior service before being cleared to another club within the same league" rule.

worst rule ever... so you'd want someone at your club who doesnt want to be ther??
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:58 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Specky McGee wrote:
White Line Fever wrote:

worst rule ever... so you'd want someone at your club who doesnt want to be ther??

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the SFL would rather lose Lynch to another competition than let him play for Valley - maybe they should look at why he doesnt want to be there and jump in to help clubs before it gets to crisis point - maybe Marion also should be looking at seeking help before they get to this position where they are expecting other clubs to bare the consequences of their previous bad decisions and club culture
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby turning circle » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Dont know the ins and outs of the Tony Lynch situation.
But i know last year Flagstaff Hill held Adam Stone under the 3 year rule until Marion played them, about round 9, then cleared him.
Marion also have a record of using this rule. With Josh Black wanting to go to Brighton after playing all juniors at Marion. In turn forcing Josh to play at Victor Harbor for 3 years.
turning circle

Postby reppoh_eht » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm

turning circle wrote:Dont know the ins and outs of the Tony Lynch situation.
But i know last year Flagstaff Hill held Adam Stone under the 3 year rule until Marion played them, about round 9, then cleared him.
Marion also have a record of using this rule. With Josh Black wanting to go to Brighton after playing all juniors at Marion. In turn forcing Josh to play at Victor Harbor for 3 years.

Adam only had to have a meeting with the A Grade Coach, and he would have been cleared much earlier. He chose not to, and hence was cleared at the latest date possible.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 pm

turning circle wrote:Dont know the ins and outs of the Tony Lynch situation.

Lets hope for Tony Lynch's sake that Marion dont do that as Valley dont play them until mid July
Cmon we are not talking AFL here
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL