Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Under the new proposed grading's there is less Saturday football

In the SANFL Juniors there's no Saturday football

Agree, not saying it would take clubs away from fielding Saturday teams, but Sunday teams may head down the Hill ala Blackwood this year, I believe u13's would play Sundays under the new proposal, if the SFL comp doesn't have much depth then clubs may have to head elsewhere or players may choose to change themselves.

I don;t understand what the benefits are by changing the grades by a year, away from the SANFL gradings.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2331 times
Been liked: 3555 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:14 am

oneuponedown wrote:Couple of questions gents,

Any one willing to predict the make up of Sat footy in 2017?
Will it be 13's ,15's ,17.5's , B , A .... or 14,16,18, B , A as previous?
Is it true the voting for this will be conducted at the end of this month? Do the clubs vote on or is it a maroon coat vote?
Can someone confirm wether there will be a C grade comp in 2017?

Cheers!

Monday night SFL AGM will vote and determine the make up next year.

I believe it will be 13/15/17.5 B/A and from my point of view I have no issues with that. BUT some would like 13 to be played Sunday apparently so parents get a sleep in !

From the NFC view 2 issues with moving 13 to Sunday 1) revenue 2) Cultural with transition of both players and parents to the real deal.

Voting will be clubs 1 vote per and I believe the maroons will also vote .

This night will be carefully watched with the opportunity for change or do we bow down to those that have dragged the once great SFL to the embarrassment we have today!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby MatteeG » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:26 am

If we have to change I'd prefer they made the change uniform all the way through-

A/B/17.5/15/13 on Sat

C/11/9/7 on Sun. But of course the precious AFL cant have kids being competitive in any form until they turn 7 (Before Apr 30, otherwise they will have to wait a whole extra year).
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:52 pm

U/17½, U/15 & U/13 it is, all remain part of the Saturday program
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:48 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:U/17½, U/15 & U/13 it is, all remain part of the Saturday program

Well what a night .
Points from SFL AGM
Welcome on board new V/President in Ken Appelgarth. :YMAPPLAUSE:

Junior football academy with Trevor Potts and David Earl heading up with a 6 week programme for under 15 .

Age group changes 13/15/17.5

All to be played Saturday

Constitution change with member clubs to field 1 junior side 2017 / 2 junior sides 2018 /and all in 2019 with a waver in 2017 for support in going forward.

The rejection of change to "appeal" where you could NOT appeal unless a penalty of 6 games was delivered? Justice was done with this change straight out of North Korea rejected. =D>

All clubs including Hackham nominating A and B grade sides :-O

The draw release version 1 .

Most importantly the absence of Down the Hill who missed one of the most interesting meetings I have attended. =((

People power (club) on show with clubs having ownership with voting under the new weighted system. :-BD

All in all a night where change was the winner to bring this once great comp back where it belongs. =D>
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:23 am

What has Ken been doing in recent years? Sounds like he will be a great addition to the board.

Are Sunday grades staying the same?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:45 am

Dutchy wrote:What has Ken been doing in recent years? Sounds like he will be a great addition to the board.

Are Sunday grades staying the same?

Ken was involved with the Bays and recently over sees .

Sunday as is.
7 start with 11.15 finish , why would you have 3 x presentations from attire suppliers that went on and on and on.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:55 am

Just out of curiosity and it's not a loaded question or a question to cause conflict. But why have the junior age groups changed as they now do not fall in line with the SANFL and Vic comps?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Splinter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Just out of curiosity and it's not a loaded question or a question to cause conflict. But why have the junior age groups changed as they now do not fall in line with the SANFL and Vic comps?

Great question LK, and one many are still asking.
I still cannot get my head around the change from U/18's to U/17.5's - how many players will be lost to the game due to this change?

Shoe Boy - was there any discussion around the suggestion of an U/21 competition?
Splinter

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Mister Footy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:15 am

shoe boy wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:U/17½, U/15 & U/13 it is, all remain part of the Saturday program

Well what a night .
Points from SFL AGM
Welcome on board new V/President in Ken Appelgarth. :YMAPPLAUSE:

Junior football academy with Trevor Potts and David Earl heading up with a 6 week programme for under 15 .

Age group changes 13/15/17.5

All to be played Saturday

Constitution change with member clubs to field 1 junior side 2017 / 2 junior sides 2018 /and all in 2019 with a waver in 2017 for support in going forward.

The rejection of change to "appeal" where you could NOT appeal unless a penalty of 6 games was delivered? Justice was done with this change straight out of North Korea rejected. =D>

All clubs including Hackham nominating A and B grade sides :-O

The draw release version 1 .

Most importantly the absence of Down the Hill who missed one of the most interesting meetings I have attended. =((

People power (club) on show with clubs having ownership with voting under the new weighted system.

All in all a night where change was the winner to bring this once great comp back where it belongs. =D>

So what has driven this change? Dont tell me Future Directions actually got somewhere? :shock:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby am Bays » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:16 am

shoe boy wrote:

How's this going to be different to the U/13, U/14, U/15 programs the SANFL clubs run from April through to July in the lead up to the u/15 State championships??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:26 am

Splinter wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Just out of curiosity and it's not a loaded question or a question to cause conflict. But why have the junior age groups changed as they now do not fall in line with the SANFL and Vic comps?

I still cannot get my head around the change from U/18's to U/17.5's - how many players will be lost to the game due to this change?

Shoe Boy - was there any discussion around the suggestion of an U/21 competition?

Splinter for your info the Noarlunga Football Club voted against change to age groupings and to keep 14/16/18 and keep all Saturday sides.

U21 was not discussed but the Reynella Football club was very vocal on changing , particular the 18 programme .
In the past U21 has been discussed but most of discussion surrounded the u13 age group.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:30 am

am Bays wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

How's this going to be different to the U/13, U/14, U/15 programs the SANFL clubs run from April through to July in the lead up to the u/15 State championships??

No change am bays , this programme is to identify the 2nd tier .
The pathway structure to Glenelg , South Adelaide , West Adelaide will continue and any standouts in the academy programme will be directed to league clubs.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:46 am

How clubs voted

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby vics01 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:35 pm

How does it evolve that the Secretary a paid employee of the league get a vote??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Boof » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:59 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Splinter wrote:

Splinter for your info the Noarlunga Football Club voted against change to age groupings and to keep 14/16/18 and keep all Saturday sides.

U21 was not discussed but the Reynella Football club was very vocal on changing , particular the 18 programme .
In the past U21 has been discussed but most of discussion surrounded the u13 age group.

If RFC where very vocal on changing then why did they vote against it as shown in the photo?
I'm confused!!!
Boof
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby vics01 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:30 am

SHOE BOY
The pathway structure to Glenelg , South Adelaide , West Adelaide will continue and any standouts in the academy programme will be directed to league clubs.

Except to say an U18 coming back from SANFL may not have a junior grade to play in..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby shoe boy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 am

In the past U21 has been discussed but most of discussion surrounded the u13 age group.[/quote]
If RFC where very vocal on changing then why did they vote against it as shown in the photo?
I'm confused!!![/quote]

The vote in the picture was voting to change age groups to 13/15/17.5 with Reynella voting against and in particular the loss of under 18 to 17.5
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:28 am

vics01 wrote:How does it evolve that the Secretary a paid employee of the league get a vote??

Good point Vics01 as I recall last year this was raised as a conflict as a paid employee and changed that that role could not vote ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:42 am

vics01 wrote:
SHOE BOY

Except to say an U18 coming back from SANFL may not have a junior grade to play in..

Considering 19yo's have played U18's in the past, Im guessing there will be over-agers allowed in the u17.5
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL