Unoffical SFL Draw 2009

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Unoffical SFL Draw 2009

Postby Backliner » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:16 pm

Subject to change I'm told
Attachments
footydraw.jpg
Draft copy
footydraw.jpg (155.48 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
Backliner
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Unoffical SFL Draw 2009

Postby asert » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:39 pm

do you have a file of it to print
asert
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby the big bang » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:47 pm

whats the chances of Valley's applying to host their first game in the "catch up" round on the saturday night? would be a ripper of a way to kick off season 09 under lights! i would imagine they'd attract quite a crowd.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby hereforthebeer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:53 pm

we have played a few games under lights over the last few seasons and think we might even have 3 this year they are great and do get a fair crowd which makes the atmosphere really good, it just feels a bit weird not starting till later on though, the only possible downside is it gives opposition coaches a chance to watch you when normally they might only see you 2 or 3 times a year
who ever thought of the saying winning isn't everything, probably lost!!
hereforthebeer
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Night game Valley v. Roos would be terrific. I'll vote for that !! :D
It'd be a great spectacle to open the season.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby the big bang » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:03 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Night game Valley v. Roos would be terrific. I'll vote for that !! :D
It'd be a great spectacle to open the season.

YEAH!!! WOO HOO!!!

lets email mr. warman and see what he can do!!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby asert » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 pm

should go to a fri night game every weekend even if brighton and marion for instance do it on valley oval. get all the teams to nominate who would want to do it and just use those teams. give us some local footy to watch on a fri night and good revenue for the teams participating
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:04 pm

asert wrote:do you have a file of it to print

This would be what your looking for asert (attached to post), by the way for people looking for it on the SFL's website, dont hold your breathe, 2006 is still up, only 2 years behind. They did promise a full site update over the off season and to make it one of the better websites around, but no chane yet, and cant see them doing much.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby the big bang » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:08 pm

i'd be all for that too. IMO the more local footy i can get to the better!! if there was a game friday night, saturday and saturday night i would attend all 3 possible games 2 weeks out of 3! if that makes sense!

i believe the same for SANFL and south adelaide. if they played more night and sunday games, i would be able to attend more than the 1 or maybe 2 games a year i do now. i think the SANFL really needs to look at this, and i even have the stats to back it up, that the weekend of the association game, the average crowd is more than 200 more spectators that week than the rest of the year!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:40 am

A) For interest, club games versus the top seven

1 - Cove 10
2 - H/Valley 9
3 - M/Vale 10
4 - BDOS 9
5 - Reynella 9
6 - Pt Noar. 9
7 - E/Town 8
8 - M/Ville Pk. 8
9 - Flagstaff H. 9
10 - Marion 8
11 - Chr Beach 8
12 - Noar. 8
13 - Aldinga 7
14 - OSB/Lons 7
15 - Hackham 8

B) Most of the bottom 6 - 7 sides have a very tough mid year, for instance Aldinga have from round 6, Porties, M/Vale, H/Valley. Cove, Reynella; Conversely, most of the top sides, have a pretty "easy" mid year going by lasts results. Surely common sense can prevail and these games between disparate sides can be more random?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby the big bang » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:44 pm

was pretty much the same for us last year EV. had the top 4 teams,4 weeks in a row. does a bit of damage to team morale and confidence, but after the 4th game, we're all better players for it, and go onto to play some good footy for the rest of the year. so i dont mind the setup.

not sure why they would make hackham play more top sides than us and lions. and the same amount as self-proclaimed "top 2" Townies. :roll:
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Jayne » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm

TBB, Townies self proclaimed top 2???

I'd be interested to know where you got this from???
Jayne
Rookie

Postby the big bang » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:35 pm

Jayne wrote:TBB, Townies self proclaimed top 2???

I'd be interested to know where you got this from???

was chatting to one of edwardstowns players, and he gaunteed me they'd finish top two. and i wouldnt be surprised if it hadnt also been stated on here in one of numerous threads where the subject of townies joining the SFL has come up, and where they would slot into the competition.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:55 am

the_big_bang wrote:whats the chances of Valley's applying to host their first game in the "catch up" round on the saturday night? would be a ripper of a way to kick off season 09 under lights! i would imagine they'd attract quite a crowd.

As much as it would be great to see and play underlight on a saturday night, the home clubs are the only one who would benifit, bigger crowd and more money taken at the gate over the bar and bbq. It cost the away team plenty as they would loose there saturday night back at there club, even if the game finished at 8.30pm by the time people got back to there club it would be to late to make any money behind the bar or on meals. Don't want to sound like a stick in the mud but as an away club we would want some sort of compensation for that loss.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Grape Ape » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:09 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote: Don't want to sound like a stick in the mud but as an away club we would want some sort of compensation for that loss.

That attitude sucks. If everyone had that sort of attitude nothing would ever change for the better. It just makes it too hard for the people who get off their arse to try new things.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Grape Ape wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote: Don't want to sound like a stick in the mud but as an away club we would want some sort of compensation for that loss.

That attitude sucks. If everyone had that sort of attitude nothing would ever change for the better. It just makes it too hard for the people who get off their arse to try new things.

Nothing wrong with trying new things and as i said in the opening line, it would be great to see, but why would we play a night game when we know it would cost us money?
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby the big bang » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:50 pm

it wouldnt cost you money, you just wouldnt make as much as you normally would. big difference
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:47 pm

the_big_bang wrote:was pretty much the same for us last year EV. had the top 4 teams,4 weeks in a row. does a bit of damage to team morale and confidence, but after the 4th game, we're all better players for it, and go onto to play some good footy for the rest of the year. so i dont mind the setup.

not sure why they would make hackham play more top sides than us and lions. and the same amount as self-proclaimed "top 2" Townies. :roll:

Yeah im at a bit of a loss why they would do that. Especially scheduling Townies first game in the league against Hackham at Edwardstown...its not good for either team. Townies (if they are as good as they reckon) will get a false sense of how good the league is and go into future games overconfident, Hackham might have morale smashed as early as Rd 1...

In 2008 if i remember correctedly we had

Rd 6 - Reynella
Rd 7 - Brighton
Rd 8 - Cove
Rd 9 - Happy Valley

who were all around in the top 5...(we played Morphett Vale in Rd 11)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby asert » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:51 pm

you wouldnt lose out cos you would still do normal presentations sat night its only the a grade that changes the rest of the club still as normal. youd prob make more from the a grade spending money watching lower grades
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby the big bang » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:22 pm

asert wrote:you wouldnt lose out cos you would still do normal presentations sat night its only the a grade that changes the rest of the club still as normal. youd prob make more from the a grade spending money watching lower grades

nah, last year we played Valleys in a night match, and all grades played later than normal.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL