Hackham Hawks

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Hackham Hawks

Postby Warrior Hawk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:29 pm

There is no such football club as the Southern Hawks!!

The Hackham Hawks became the Southern Hawks for one season, but common sense prevailed and the club went back to it's rightful name (two years ago)

I am so sick and tired of people, websites, and (until recently) publications calling us Southern Hawks!

Hackham Hawks are here to stay and Southern Hawks are long gone!

http://www.hackhamhawks.com for anyone that needs proof :roll:
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Hackham Hawks

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:49 pm

It's nice to be told. I have it on good authority that neither the SFL or the Hackham Footy Club notified "The Southern Boot" that the name had reverted to "Hackham" until the time you saw it eventually acknowledged in the publication. The same guy does the coverage in "The Argus" which is why the name was only changed recently there as well.
Hate to see the end of the Boot, but I suggest they stop treating him like a mushroom or it'll be gone.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Warrior Hawk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah, I thought the league would've notified the writers of SFL publications..... But then again, this league is not known for it's forward thinking :wink:
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Postby Pearcey » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:53 pm

http://www.hackhamhawks.com for anyone that needs proof

It's all good but the website is not up to date.
last updated March 2008.

Don't complain that it's a trivial point because it's pointless having a website if the info is 6 months old.
Pearcey
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 am

Pearcey wrote:

last updated March 2008.

Don't complain that it's a trivial point because it's pointless having a website if the info is 6 months old.

What are you talking about they update it after every win. :)
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Warrior Hawk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Pearcey wrote:

last updated March 2008.

Oh that's right.... So the fact that the little tiny print at the bottom of the template says it has not been, means it is true??

I update it myself mate.... And yes it would be pointless having a website with info that is 6 months old.... But what would be more pointless is jumping onto a public forum and complaining about it! :lol:

You can clearly see that it has been updated.... As we are being presented with $10,000 this weekend! Obviously you missed the bigger text and just went looking for the tiny stuff down stairs.... Is this a problem you normally have?

:roll:
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Postby rodney fox » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Warrior Hawk wrote:
Pearcey wrote:

last updated March 2008.

Oh that's right.... So the fact that the little tiny print at the bottom of the template says it has not been, means it is true??

I update it myself mate.... And yes it would be pointless having a website with info that is 6 months old.... But what would be more pointless is jumping onto a public forum and complaining about it! :lol:

You can clearly see that it has been updated.... As we are being presented with $10,000 this weekend! Obviously you missed the bigger text and just went looking for the tiny stuff down stairs.... Is this a problem you normally have?

Well done Warrior Hawk web site looks great.
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Warrior Hawk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Pearcey wrote:

last updated March 2008.

Oh and by the way, March 28, 2008 to July 29, 2008 is only 4 months..... Not 6 months....

But let's not get trivial :lol:
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Postby Hills » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Warrior Hawk wrote:
Pearcey wrote:

last updated March 2008.

You better keep it locked away down at the Southern Hawks or it might get stolen.
Once you go black, your in a wheelchair.
Hills
Reserves

Postby Warrior Hawk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:55 pm

rodney fox wrote:Well done Warrior Hawk web site looks great.

Thanks.... Still fine tuning a few areas, but it is getting there....
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Postby Warrior Hawk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:01 pm

Hills wrote:You better keep it locked away down at the Southern Hawks or it might get stolen.

You're a funny kid Hills..... I would go as far as to say Special even :shock:
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Postby Warrior Hawk » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:27 am

Well, we travel down the road to Aldinga today.... Hoping to see some competetive games of football in the seniors.... The results of late have been dissapointing to say the least! We cannot give our opposition a 15-20 goal headstart before we switch into gear and start playing good football....

Once again, the league has done us no favours with this weekends fixture.....

U18's @ Marion against MorphettVale ?!?!?!?!?!?!
Seniors @ Aldinga

Our senior sides this year have consisted of a lot of U18's stepping up and gaining experience in senior football... Fair drive from Marion to Aldinga....

Expecting a good game in the U14's though, who get to show their skills in the U18's timeslot down at Aldinga.... Will be great for them to play in front of a bigger bunch of senior players, as not a lot of the senior boys get their early in the morning to watch the kids :(

All in all, I am expecting a good days football.... Let's just hope I am right!
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Postby Bag The Points » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:55 am

Best of luck, Warrior ! I admire you guys for sticking at it.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 am

Warrior Hawk wrote:Well, we travel down the road to Aldinga today.... Hoping to see some competetive games of football in the seniors.... The results of late have been dissapointing to say the least! We cannot give our opposition a 15-20 goal headstart before we switch into gear and start playing good football....

Seniors @ Aldinga

Our senior sides this year have consisted of a lot of U18's stepping up and gaining experience in senior football... Fair drive from Marion to Aldinga....

Expecting a good game in the U14's though, who get to show their skills in the U18's timeslot down at Aldinga.... Will be great for them to play in front of a bigger bunch of senior players, as not a lot of the senior boys get their early in the morning to watch the kids :(

Warrior, We play you boys this week and have noticed that you have had a few forfeit's in your eighteens,will you get a side up this week. I agree with you that the SFL programming sends clubs all over the place which stretches all of the club resources. SFL need to look at this prob and reward as best can.clubs that have a full contingent. :(
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Warrior Hawk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Warrior Hawk wrote:Well, we travel down the road to Aldinga today.... Hoping to see some competetive games of football in the seniors.... The results of late have been dissapointing to say the least! We cannot give our opposition a 15-20 goal headstart before we switch into gear and start playing good football....

Seniors @ Aldinga

Warrior, We play you boys this week and have noticed that you have had a few forfeit's in your eighteens,will you get a side up this week. I agree with you that the SFL programming sends clubs all over the place which stretches all of the club resources. SFL need to look at this prob and reward as best can.clubs that have a full contingent. :(

Pretty sure you will have an U18's game this weekend.... I would go as far as to say "I bet my left testi on it!"

Should be a really good day.... The 16's should be a ripper.... Noticed that you guys went down to Krusties on the weekend?? Shock?? Heard a rumour that one of their boys (South player) slotted thru a lazy 10 goals??
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Postby Dirko » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Is Kym Evans and Matty Paine still running around out there...If so top blokes !
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby shoe boy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:50 am

Warrior Hawk wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Seniors @ Aldinga

Pretty sure you will have an U18's game this weekend.... I would go as far as to say "I bet my left testi on it!"

Should be a really good day.... The 16's should be a ripper.... Noticed that you guys went down to Krusties on the weekend?? Shock?? Heard a rumour that one of their boys (South player) slotted thru a lazy 10 goals??

Thanks Warrior, You are right lad from C/beach kicked 10 on one leg as he is coming back from injury so he kicked with his non prefered. Our under 16 had a few out but no excuse C/beach better on the day. Lets hope all grades get a game :)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby King Kernas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:07 am

Yo Warrior how did Saturday night go, did fitzy and before the game go to the club? Did not see the show on Saturday and don't know if it was last week or this week :roll: Are the Fitzys still having a kick or have they both succombed to old age. I know they were both carrying a few wear and tear injuries. If not are they involved in any way, great blokes and are both great local veterans for the mighty Hackham Hawks.
King Kernas
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby King Kernas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:14 am

SJABC wrote:Is Kym Evans and Matty Paine still running around out there...If so top blokes !

They are, Kym had a great action shot in the local messenger paper. \:D/ \:D/
King Kernas
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Warrior Hawk » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:21 pm

SJABC wrote:Is Kym Evans and Matty Paine still running around out there...If so top blokes !

Yeah mate, still playing solid football..... Both boys have played their 150th senior game this season... Would've been on the same day, but Matty had an ankle injury and missed the match....

Two of the best blokes you could possible meet! Shows great character and loyalty to stick around through so many tough years at the club.... More so becuase they could both get games at any club! Well respected leaders!
Go you Hawks!
Warrior Hawk
Mini-League

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL