sfl rep side ins and outs

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

sfl rep side ins and outs

Postby comeon » Mon May 05, 2008 9:28 pm

sfl rep side who should be in or out
comeon
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: sfl rep side ins and outs

Postby Westsider » Mon May 05, 2008 9:56 pm

out of the main thread

and into the SFL thread
Westsider
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tunit » Tue May 06, 2008 10:19 am

When you look at who the SFL has to play you would think they would go with a pretty quick and fit side, perhaps the Baylies for Morphetvale, and some real pace in the midfield, would Ben Moore and Butcher get in?
tunit

Postby Specky McGee » Thu May 08, 2008 5:23 pm

I guess some of the outs would have to include; Bachmann, McIntee, Walton, Brown amongst others.

Ben Moore would have to get a gig but from all reports Butcher would struggle to get a run. Im sure he would be named in the squad though.

Who else had a good year last year and who is showing early season form that would suggest a call up to the rep side?
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby Swooper16 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Think the midfield should be

N.Bayly, B.Bayly, J.Pomeroy, T.Johnstone and B.Moore.

Smith and Polly would would have to be FB and FF respectively.

Off the top of my head i cant think who the ruckman would be. There appear to be a dearth of quality ruckman in the league at the moment.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby tatts » Sun May 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Swooper16 wrote:Think the midfield should be

Off the top of my head i cant think who the ruckman would be. There appear to be a dearth of quality ruckman in the league at the moment.

Hey swooper, i reckon Brookman from Brighton wpuld be up there to ruck but i think the selectors are trying to keep the team to a under 23 squad and give the younger guys some exposure to playing at a higher level.Brookman i think is u23 but if they just want the best ruckman i reckon Martin Short at the Emus would have to be it.
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby pale ale » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:10 pm

tatts wrote:

Hey swooper, i reckon Brookman from Brighton wpuld be up there to ruck but i think the selectors are trying to keep the team to a under 23 squad and give the younger guys some exposure to playing at a higher level.Brookman i think is u23 but if they just want the best ruckman i reckon Martin Short at the Emus would have to be it.

I watched Happy Valley on Sat and Ben Squires best ruckman going. Not only taps but around the ground he was great but I think you will find he is going away and Brookman isnt that young, I'm guessing but around 27.
pale ale
Under 16s

Postby tatts » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:45 pm

pale ale wrote:
tatts wrote:

yeah Pale Ale,Squizz was real good on the week end.Didnt realise thataBrookman was that old

I watched Happy Valley on Sat and Ben Squires best ruckman going. Not only taps but around the ground he was great but I think you will find he is going away and Brookman isnt that young, I'm guessing but around 27.
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby The Mexican » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:02 pm

tatts wrote:
pale ale wrote:
tatts wrote:

yeah Pale Ale,Squizz was real good on the week end.Didnt realise thataBrookman was that old

Squire was sensational on the weekend against the Emu's... Any idea when he leaves..??
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:38 am

Squire was also terrific against Cove the week before. Must be close to the best ruckman in the South.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby BJ Ernest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:58 am

Bag The Points wrote:Squire was also terrific against Cove the week before. Must be close to the best ruckman in the South.

Ben Squire is a fantastic talent! Certainly one of the top big guys runnin round in Southern footy.

Great pair of hands and an impressive leap. Will have a lot to do with valleys Successes this year?

Also how is Loots travelling down at the Valley? He getting a few kicks?
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL