SFLvAmatuers

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

SFLvAmatuers

Postby hawkseye » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:59 am

As i havent seen any SFL games how does the standard compare to Divisions in Amatuer league?
Thats what im talkin aboooouuuut!!!!!!
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Re: SFLvAmatuers

Postby scottroo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:21 am

its a hard one...i dare say morphett vale would be around div one standards....

so

MV=div 1
HV=2
Reynella=1 or 2
Cove= 2 until finals :P
Porties= 3
Flaggys=3 or 4
Nourlunga 3 or 4
Marion 5 or 6
Aldinga 5 or 6
Hackham div 7 +
Lonsdale 4 or 5
Brighton 1 or 2

may of missed some
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mrf » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:33 am

By the looks of that you havent seen much sfl either scottroo
mrf

Postby turbo182 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:39 am

Hmmmm, While I reckon Morphie would play div 1, I'm pretty sure no-one else would, and I'm not convinced they';d be strong enough to play div 2 either.

Think your royally overating the SFL
turbo182
Under 18s

Postby Scorpion » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:59 am

mrf wrote:By the looks of that you havent seen much sfl either scottroo

Where would you place Morphettville Park in regard to SAAFL divisions?
Scorpion
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby scottroo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:34 pm

honestly i couldnt see them beating colonel light...
scottroo
League - Best 21

Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby zedman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:52 pm

:roll:
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby stan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 pm

scottroo wrote:honestly i couldnt see them beating colonel light...

Morp Park would probably be around mid Div 6, possibly even closer to div 7. Aldinga well thats hard to say as they are on the improve from previous years but still. But in saying that we might find out a bit more when West Croyden tackle them.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1267 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby hawkseye » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:21 pm

zedman wrote::roll:

Nice input.
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Postby hawkseye » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:05 pm

stan wrote:
scottroo wrote:honestly i couldnt see them beating colonel light...

Morp Park would probably be around mid Div 6, possibly even closer to div 7. Aldinga well thats hard to say as they are on the improve from previous years but still. But in saying that we might find out a bit more when West Croyden tackle them.

They were meant to play Para Hills last week but it was called off because of heat and lack of numbers.
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Postby zedman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:23 pm

hawkseye wrote:

Nice input.

says the guy who puts clapping emoticons on as a post with no words..look in your own backyard first chickenhawk
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Scorpion » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 pm

zedman wrote:
hawkseye wrote:

Nice input.

says the guy who puts clapping emoticons on as a post with no words..look in your own backyard first chickenhawk

Well said zed! =D>
Scorpion
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby S Demon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:27 pm

zedman wrote:
hawkseye wrote:

Nice input.

=D> =D> ...Oops, better write something too!
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby hawkseye » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:32 pm

S Demon21 wrote:
zedman wrote:
hawkseye wrote:

Nice input.

=D> =D> ...Oops, better write something too!

Fair enough inbredman :wink:
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:49 pm

First of all, to fit in with the latest posts in this thread :oops: and :?

I was speaking with a mate who played with Morphies in the SFL (i think only in the 1st premiership) and then he moved to the SAAFL Div 1 after that. I asked him about the differences between the two leagues and he used the example of when he came to the Morphies vs Reynella game last year, he said it wasnt a better or worse standard of footy, it was just "different". While the Emus and Wineflys were crashing in hard as and trying to kill one another, with players like Fishlock crashing thru as many would-be tacklers as possible, he thought the SAAFL style of footy is often much cleaner and skills based, with less of that sort of bull dozer player. Who is to say what style of footy is better?

Tho obviously that was a top of the table clash, and the SFL does bottom out quite quickly.

And to finish :twisted:
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby hawkseye » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:First of all, to fit in with the latest posts in this thread :oops: and :?

I was speaking with a mate who played with Morphies in the SFL (i think only in the 1st premiership) and then he moved to the SAAFL Div 1 after that. I asked him about the differences between the two leagues and he used the example of when he came to the Morphies vs Reynella game last year, he said it wasnt a better or worse standard of footy, it was just "different". While the Emus and Wineflys were crashing in hard as and trying to kill one another, with players like Fishlock crashing thru as many would-be tacklers as possible, he thought the SAAFL style of footy is often much cleaner and skills based, with less of that sort of bull dozer player. Who is to say what style of footy is better?

Tho obviously that was a top of the table clash, and the SFL does bottom out quite quickly.

Good work cheese twisties =D>
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:First of all, to fit in with the latest posts in this thread :oops: and :?

Reckon you would be quoting Stagg. Fair enough but he is quoting the 2 best teams in the SFL. If it were Goodwood v Gaza in round 10 the difference would be substantual. I will go see Morphies v Reynella when I can and I can hear every bumb and crack from the sideline with a massive crowd. But you cant really compare a league with 70 + clubs to a league with 14 clubs. We all love our clubs but lets be realistic.I doubt Morphett Vale last year would have beaten Port Districts......
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby tatts » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:01 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

Reckon you would be quoting Stagg. Fair enough but he is quoting the 2 best teams in the SFL. If it were Goodwood v Gaza in round 10 the difference would be substantual. I will go see Morphies v Reynella when I can and I can hear every bumb and crack from the sideline with a massive crowd. But you cant really compare a league with 70 + clubs to a league with 14 clubs. We all love our clubs but lets be realistic.I doubt Morphett Vale last year would have beaten Port Districts......

L.K thats your opinion and your entitled to it but i have coached in both comps and i think Emus would be more than competetive in Div 1 amatuers.Amatuers is probably a bit more open style of play but we are certainly better in tight than they are and this showed in the Assoc games.Ithink that result speaks for it self.70 teams beats 14 teams by a couple of kicks !!!!!!!
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby S Demon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:33 am

I feel a "Champions League" competition coming on...?

Perhaps a weekend carnival during the preseason where the premiers or grand finalists from the previous year in the SAAFL(Div 1), SFL, GSFL, BL&G, and Hills (Country & Central) square off for the title. It could be run over two weekends (Sat & Sun) and I'm sure would draw a good crowd. Could this work, or am I up in the clouds?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Grape Ape » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:52 am

It's a bit like what the Messenger newspaper is trying to do with the SFL/GSFL premiers trophy. The game was played on a big stage (AFL curtain raiser) and there was a perpetual trophy up for grabs but all that happens is people say "who cares it was only a trial".
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL