Mail Medal Prospects SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Mail Medal Prospects SFL

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Bachmann won the medal in a side that won less than half its games and Pomeroy won last year with a 13-5 record so this should not affect Toddy J. Those 4 early season losses were all fairly small margins except for Anzac Day so he can still poll in several of those games. Bombers have won 12 of last 13 and Toddy could easily have got the 3 votes in 7 or 8 of those games. We also haven't had too many big day outs for goalkickers to catch the umps eye. Vick has to contend with the days that Ramsay and Reavill had big days in front of goal.

DTH, For some reason I don't think umps appreciate goal kickers when it comes to votes more so the ball winner that delivers. You just have to ask HAMS of Willunga kicked 115 for the year and received 4 votes. Just for your info Randall Follett won the mail medal in the GSFL last night. CON GRATS =D>
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby mrf » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Bachmann won the medal in a side that won less than half its games and Pomeroy won last year with a 13-5 record so this should not affect Toddy J. Those 4 early season losses were all fairly small margins except for Anzac Day so he can still poll in several of those games. Bombers have won 12 of last 13 and Toddy could easily have got the 3 votes in 7 or 8 of those games. We also haven't had too many big day outs for goalkickers to catch the umps eye. Vick has to contend with the days that Ramsay and Reavill had big days in front of goal.

I agree Hills TJ could easily poll votes in losing games. Banyer from Marion runner up last year with marion not winning too many games. He has also finished in the top 4 for the last 3 years. Toddy to win for me!
mrf

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby fly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 am

Moore ,Vick or Johnson
fly
Under 16s

Postby Rex Banner » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:12 pm

So was shoe boy correct with his invite list?, have the invites been recieved yet??
Rex Banner
Mini-League

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Shoe Boy was spot on and he got his 'oil' 24 hours before it was officially released.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby a2m » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:15 pm

I hope this doesn't happen but I'm pretty sure it will cotsaris will win by atleast 8 votes, he will be the most undeserved winner in it's history, he won't get close to winning aldinga's best and fairest, now the over priced on baller will get a gig at another country club next season for more money to be average again, for me toddy johnson deserves to win it, gun player...
a2m
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby the big bang » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:33 pm

no arguments here a2m.

dunno if he'll win it, but the other stuff you posted,i'm right behind ya.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 am

Down the Hill wrote:Shoe Boy was spot on and he got his 'oil' 24 hours before it was officially released.

I had the pleasure to watch 2 of the medal candidates on Sat and both Vick and Johnstone would be worthy winners.
how did the others fair on the week end.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Junior » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:05 pm

The Lova wrote:
Junior wrote:Here's a roughie, how about Ray-Zwar from Marion, seen his name in the best plenty of times, wouldn't think too many votes stolen as they don't have that many good players beside Bilney..

You have got to be kidding. If he won the mail medal. all past winners would surely give there medals back. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hey, we spend week after week bitching and moaning about the blokes who choose the oh so deserving winner! So i wouldn't count anything out, plus if they can make poor old Vick hand the medal over to Bachy after an apparent mistake and recount then anything is possible..! What a mess that was.

Totally agree with EVERYONE else though, Vick would be a deserving winner! Just didn't want to be the 85th person on here to repeat it..
Junior
Rookie

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Bomberland » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:46 pm

I agree with this junior bloke.

All it seems you blokes do is piss and moan and pass comment on things you know absolutely nothing about. Obviously Ray-Zwar is not going to win the medal, he was just throwing up a name of a bloke that featured very regularly from a middle of the road team. but he couldn't be any worse than pommeroy or scott middleton of previous years.
Josh Vick for mine (if he kept his mouth shut this year)
Bomberland
Mini-League

Postby Micky Conlan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:17 pm

You know Vick very well Bomerland?
"lifes a game of inches, inch by inch, play by play"
Micky Conlan
Under 16s

Postby The Lova » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Bomberland wrote:I agree with this junior bloke.

All it seems you blokes do is piss and moan and pass comment on things you know absolutely nothing about. Obviously Ray-Zwar is not going to win the medal, he was just throwing up a name of a bloke that featured very regularly from a middle of the road team. but he couldn't be any worse than pommeroy or scott middleton of previous years.

Obviously never seen ray-zwar play bomberland. he would be lucky to make morphies B-Grade side if he was at morphies and I was picking the teams.

But I do get your point. Its good to hear about whose playing well in middle of the road teams....but surely only REAL contender should be mentioned.

Johnstone for mine (should win). (but having seen vick's free kick count I reckon he will win). both good players tho.
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Bomberland wrote:I agree with this junior bloke.

Pomeroy and Middleton both worthy winners. From memory I'm pretty sure Middleton was one of the favourites anyway.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby fly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:37 pm

[quote="Bomberland"]I agree with this junior bloke.

Josh Vick for mine (if he kept his mouth shut this year)[/quote]

How many mail medals have you got hanging around your neck bomberland??????Middleton is a quality player and would now make every side in the SFL but work commitments prevent him from playing.If you post again have a think before the crap ooozzzes from your insipid little fingers.
fly
Under 16s

Postby AFLflyer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:38 am

Just on the mail medal night, what acually goes on, can anyone go? I think this night should promoted and people should be able to buy tickets, get a feed, have a few beers etc. It could be a good night?

or does this happen? At least the top 10 -15 should be invited surely?
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:22 pm

AFLflyer wrote:Just on the mail medal night, what acually goes on, can anyone go? I think this night should promoted and people should be able to buy tickets, get a feed, have a few beers etc. It could be a good night?

Hmmm i actually agree with you Flyer, could be a decent night and worth a look. Having never poled a mail medal vote I have absolutely no idea what goes on now, but why not have it at some pub with a function room, specifically invite the top 15 or top 3 from each club plus leading goalkickers, and then extend an invite to each club with details of where it is. Not saying id definately go, but to think its an exclusive "invite only" setup is a bit weird. Some people love their local footy and would love to check it out i reckon!
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Mexican » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:Just on the mail medal night, what acually goes on, can anyone go? I think this night should promoted and people should be able to buy tickets, get a feed, have a few beers etc. It could be a good night?

Hmmm i actually agree with you Flyer, could be a decent night and worth a look. Having never poled a mail medal vote I have absolutely no idea what goes on now, but why not have it at some pub with a function room, specifically invite the top 15 or top 3 from each club plus leading goalkickers, and then extend an invite to each club with details of where it is. Not saying id definately go, but to think its an exclusive "invite only" setup is a bit weird. Some people love their local footy and would love to check it out i reckon!

Have a word to your committee, i'm sure they could "wangle" a couple tickets, the place is over run by juniors as they announce the team of the years for these grades, last few years have been at South Adelaide... I agree though would be great to get a table or 2 together with your mates and enjoy the night Magarey Medal style, if a player from your club wins the medal he has got no-one to really congratulate him mates wise...
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby KEYDEFENDER » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:41 pm

We could open it up for the girls red carpet style?... see what the SFL has to offer.
KEYDEFENDER
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby BJ Ernest » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:44 pm

The Mexican wrote:
Cheese Twisties wrote:

Have a word to your committee, i'm sure they could "wangle" a couple tickets, the place is over run by juniors as they announce the team of the years for these grades, last few years have been at South Adelaide... I agree though would be great to get a table or 2 together with your mates and enjoy the night Magarey Medal style, if a player from your club wins the medal he has got no-one to really congratulate him mates wise...

Great Southern do it well. We have it at the Hotel Victor, each club gets allocated a number of tickets (i believe 15 that you HAVE to pay for as a club) and then extras can come by booking so that tables can be set accordingly. They invite the top 2 from each grade (A and B grade but can be more depending on votes) and get a good attendance. Its a good night, get to mingle with some other clubs players and also get some good time with the sponsors of the club also!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:12 pm

KEYDEFENDER wrote:We could open it up for the girls red carpet style?... see what the SFL has to offer.

Surely the turtle-necks have a couple of glamours floating around.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL