Down the hill football

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Down the hill football

Postby zedman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:33 am

if you think your msjfl is healthy then your insane..and i am not at kenilworth mate so you assumed incorrectly again..like most things you talk about..i put up genuine ideas for reform and you knock all of them..thats fine..you showed your hateful colours..continue on with your 5 team grades..you clearly dont understand maths or geography
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby zedman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Jetters wrote:
zedman wrote:to many clubs in the area as the original thread comment said..if you stretch his boundary out to msjfl boundaries you stick even more clubs in and the pool is diminished further..personally i would like to see some merging with the more northern sfl clubs to form a stronger msjfl league with only 9 10 11 12 14 16 and forget the 16.5..if the kids are to old they go to saafl amateur 18s or sfl 18s which then boosts their numbers as well..drop off the boutique grades because you wont need them..this will help fill numbers in the grades above..less grades means more club people to spread around and hence better quality coaches and support staff..clubs wont be stretched to try and provide players in grades they cant and can be working with what they have got and trying to hold it at the club..if you get stretched to far you start to drop off,lose games and players move on as whole teams disintegrate through lack of interest or boredom..some teams play each other 5-6 times before finals..5 x team grades rewarding a team with an elimination final when they dont win a game all year?..thats not healthy at all..its a bit radical but perhaps its time to act that way..

Don't know about the non-MSJFL sides, so can't comment, but Kenilworth aren't particularly close to any other Metro South clubs comparitively. <-- sorry for the 5 minute drive..where is mitchell park?? duh
I don't undersand why you consider u8/13/15s 'boutique' grades, surely they are as relevant as every other grade? Cutting those grades would mean many clubs would lose many players, in some cases approx 80! Not sure that would be a good option for the league. <-- try and think..i know its hard..13 and 15 go to 14 and 16 respectively..as it used to be..so NO players are lost..they do one year in an older age group as we all did when we were young and exactly as the sanfl does..but you guys are smarter than the sanfl...those teams in 14 and 16 suddenly have great numbers
The number of 'club people' should also be proportional to the number of people at the club, so don't buy that either. <-- wrong..5 teams means you use 5 teams worth of officials..3 teams is less..maths isnt your strong point is it?
In a 5 team comp 1 team may play 1 other team 4 times, not 5 or 6, but yes it is still far too many. <- you dont include finals eh..4 times is a joke anyway!
Not fussed about the finals bit as it is still only junior footy. <-- you wouldnt be..its not you playing is it..but thanks for speaking on behalf of all the kids..of course they want play finals you fool
Maybe merging clubs is the better options. Let the stronger sustainable clubs consume some of the weaker ones. Maybe less clubs and more gradess the better option than the opposite, however club pride would sstop this happening. <-- your a div 4 club stuck there forever..why dont you merge with goodwood..would you like that?
You didnt mention anything about the club itself however, this is typical when you discuss the Kenilworth juniors with Kenilworth people, pass the blame and not take responsibility for problems and therefore never make improvements. Do you think the junior side of the club is run well and provides a quality football program? <-- your u16 coach is from kenilworth..is he a dud?..your u15 coach is 16 years old..you reckon hes experienced??? and rob prime left your club to go to kenilworth..he left you guys..dig? LOL..but what we have seen here is your pathetic hate at kenilworth which i was alluding to originally when you were arguing with LK..as suspected i was spot on with my assesment of you
zedman
Coach

Postby Jetters » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:08 pm

zedman wrote:if you think your msjfl is healthy then your insane..and i am not at kenilworth mate so you assumed incorrectly again..like most things you talk about..i put up genuine ideas for reform and you knock all of them..thats fine..you showed your hateful colours..continue on with your 5 team grades..you clearly dont understand maths or geography

I know what your relationship/ex-relationship with Kenilworth is. They were stinking ideas, I partially agreed with team merger and you make some stupid comment about it. You are quite dim.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:32 pm

You make some terrible points:
5 min drive to Mitchell Park, oh yeah they are taking huge numbers away....Also, I said comparitively, which clubs dont have another club with in a 5min drive? Unley and Mitcham are 500m away. duh
Many clubs fill full quotos in every grade. So no you do lose them... you idiot. It has nothing to do with Sanfl, with in any case goes 13,14,15,16, 18, so they have 16 rather than 16.5 and the rest are the same. But obviously the Sanfl have different objectives to a JDL. But no, another top point.
You specifically said 'before finals'. You idiot.
There is no issue with Unley being a dv 4 club....it is sustainable... numbers are not an issue.
5 teams mean you have 5 teams worth of being officials....proportional.
Our u16 coach was excellent, and yes from Kenilworth, he would be the best person to speak about the problems at Kenilworth jnrs. If you want an unbiased, thoughtful opinion on the issue ask him., have a feeling it will be very similar to my thoughts. I don't think our u15 coach was 16, results on the job he has done will be clear from the numbers heading back out in 2011 and the strength of the u/16.5s which he will be coaching. Rob is the assistant coach at Kenilworth and his son no longer plays at Unley (nor Kenilworth) he no longer has any connection to the club.
Last edited by Jetters on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby scottroo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:33 pm

kenilworth not close to any other teams in the metro south? you could walk from kelilworth to clg, and kenilworth to mitchell park, 5 mins drive to plympton, mitcham and edwardstown and 6 minutes to unley,

jetters give it up mate you have no idea
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jetters » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:49 pm

scottroo wrote:kenilworth not close to any other teams in the metro south? you could walk from kelilworth to clg, and kenilworth to mitchell park, 5 mins drive to plympton, mitcham and edwardstown and 6 minutes to unley,

it is the same for every club!!!!!! as you have just demonstrated. what parts of what I've said do you disagree with?
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Muffler » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 pm

scottroo wrote:kenilworth not close to any other teams in the metro south? you could walk from kelilworth to clg, and kenilworth to mitchell park, 5 mins drive to plympton, mitcham and edwardstown and 6 minutes to unley,

I wish it took me 5 minutes to drive home from the tonsley AKA Kenilworth for those that dont know mate takes way longer than 5 minutes takes around 12ish if you want to be exact.
Muffler
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Can someone tell me why we're wasting so many pages on Kenilworth ? When did they enter the SFL ?
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby MatteeG » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Can someone tell me why we're wasting so many pages on Kenilworth ? When did they enter the SFL ?

2012 the rumour has it... ;)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby mirror#3 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 am

MatteeG wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:Can someone tell me why we're wasting so many pages on Kenilworth ? When did they enter the SFL ?

2012 the rumour has it... ;)

Great! another Hackham / Aldinga in the comp!
mirror#3
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby zedman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:35 am

Jetters wrote:
zedman wrote:if you think your msjfl is healthy then your insane..and i am not at kenilworth mate so you assumed incorrectly again..like most things you talk about..i put up genuine ideas for reform and you knock all of them..thats fine..you showed your hateful colours..continue on with your 5 team grades..you clearly dont understand maths or geography

I know what your relationship/ex-relationship with Kenilworth is. They were stinking ideas, I partially agreed with team merger and you make some stupid comment about it. You are quite dim.

heres a medal sherlock..
zedman
Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:16 am

Jetters wrote:

your the dimwit because you think everything is cool with the league..continue on with your heads in a hole in the ground..16.5 LMAO
zedman
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:44 am

Mattee G i'll smash that rumour over the head. No chance of Kenilworth going to the SFL. Been approached a few years back and declined.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby spot on » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:06 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Mattee G i'll smash that rumour over the head. No chance of Kenilworth going to the SFL. Been approached a few years back and declined.

I had a feeling that my have been "tongue in cheek" by Mattee G to try and get some connection between Kenilworth FC and the SFL after reading the last three pages.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:02 am

I had that feeling too ;) , but I just thought i'd knock it on the head beforeany readers or posters thought otherwise.
Also Jetters, mate there is better places to take these conversations/arguments (PM). There are arguments for both cases but to bag clubs and mock them on public forums based on something which is your opinion and thoughts is not cool. Show some respect as you never know when it ill bite you on the backside. Take this convo to pm's mate. Also Kenilworth can't be going that bad, the last 2 times we have played Unley in trials guess who won ;) . Also I may have to have a chat to one of your sources of which you named..........Especially if he wants me to play for him at some stage :lol:
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Dazza44 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I had that feeling too ;) , but I just thought i'd knock it on the head beforeany readers or posters thought otherwise.
Also Jetters, mate there is better places to take these conversations/arguments (PM). There are arguments for both cases but to bag clubs and mock them on public forums based on something which is your opinion and thoughts is not cool. Show some respect as you never know when it ill bite you on the backside. Take this convo to pm's mate. Also Kenilworth can't be going that bad, the last 2 times we have played Unley in trials guess who won ;) . Also I may have to have a chat to one of your sources of which you named..........Especially if he wants me to play for him at some stage :lol:

Yep, there are better forums indeed .... maybe the SAAFL forum for instance ????
As BTP previously pointed out, I have no idea what the hell this whole debate is doing on the SFL forum.
Obviously other people have different ideas about airing dirty laundry :)
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:42 am

If you drew a line from Anzac Hwy/Greenhill Rd to Blacks/Majors Rd there is alot of clubs. Would imagine there to be at least 20??
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:23 am

spot on wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Mattee G i'll smash that rumour over the head. No chance of Kenilworth going to the SFL. Been approached a few years back and declined.

I had a feeling that my have been "tongue in cheek" by Mattee G to try and get some connection between Kenilworth FC and the SFL after reading the last three pages.

Reakon you might be onto something spotster!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 pm

just to let people know that Edwardstown are committed to playing in Metro South in 2011 and beyond. That was told to us at the AGM, story over people.

Jetters, lets not get on here and rubbish any club. All clubs go through phases and the league are there to help them out. There will be some extra support on the league for the clubs.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby fly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:09 am

Jetters wrote:You make some terrible points:
5 min drive to Mitchell Park, oh yeah they are taking huge numbers away....Also, I said comparitively, which clubs dont have another club with in a 5min drive? Unley and Mitcham are 500m away. duh
Many clubs fill full quotos in every grade. So no you do lose them... you idiot. It has nothing to do with Sanfl, with in any case goes 13,14,15,16, 18, so they have 16 rather than 16.5 and the rest are the same. But obviously the Sanfl have different objectives to a JDL. But no, another top point.
You specifically said 'before finals'. You idiot.
There is no issue with Unley being a dv 4 club....it is sustainable... numbers are not an issue.
5 teams mean you have 5 teams worth of being officials....proportional.
Our u16 coach was excellent, and yes from Kenilworth, he would be the best person to speak about the problems at Kenilworth jnrs. If you want an unbiased, thoughtful opinion on the issue ask him., have a feeling it will be very similar to my thoughts. I don't think our u15 coach was 16, results on the job he has done will be clear from the numbers heading back out in 2011 and the strength of the u/16.5s which he will be coaching. Rob is the assistant coach at Kenilworth and his son no longer plays at Unley (nor Kenilworth) he no longer has any connection to the club.
LOL, still didnt mention a thing about the club itself or answer my question...run well? good jnr program?

Perhaps Kenilworth need a poacher of junior footballers as your famous Div 4 club has at Sturt to fill it's sides. Note to Kenilworth junior committe get a bloke at South and Glenelg junior trainings and start talking to the boys parents as Unley Jets do at Sturt or even better still get one of your coaches involved in a league club as Unley have where that makes it even easier to poach them. As your lists at Kenilwoth increase then you need to cull those loyal less talented kids who have been with your club since they were 8. If Jetters you and your crap loverboy club are happy with the disgusting way you are doing things down there including the culling of priemiership players from the year before to include more poachings from Sturt then I pity you. Unley Jets Junior football club is a wort on the face of footy in S.A. and has no idea about family, loyalty and junior development. At least the Kenilworth people are real and they dont treat true clubmen the way the Unley Jets do. HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR OWN BACKYARD BEFORE YOU GET ON A FORUM AND GIVE A DISTORTED VIEW OF THE WORLD IN THE EYES OF THE MOST DISGUSTING JUNIOR CLUB IN THE STATE.
fly
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL