JUNIOR FOOTBALL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Turbo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:Wow, just wow....staggering

To all sub junior parents who received the email of 1st August.
I would like to start off by confirming that the refusal to allow sub-juniors to play in the carnival was a reaction after seeing the poor response of raffle ticket returns of sub-juniors. This planned penalty will be retracted and all players will be permitted to play in the carnival.
I would like the opportunity to explain our actions and reasons behind the initial email: As stated in the covering letter with the raffle tickets this fundraising attempt is extremely important to the financial well being of our great club. We are a Football club not a business, we don’t strive to make massive profits we do however budget to cover our running expenses for each year, part of that being Raffles ,Comedy Nights, Quiz nights ,Movie nights, etc. We have 15 teams to field each season and I am sure you can imagine what it costs to run these 15 teams for a season. Our fees received don’t even cover a 1/3 of our yearly expenses, I’m sure no one wants to pay a larger amount per year in fees hence why we have these events. We are a very cheap club to be a part of, we want to keep striving to be that way.
The fundraising attempts this year have not been supported well by the WHOLE club with minimal attendance at major club functions such as the Comedy Night and with very little interest in the upcoming Movie Night, which therefore places a big reliance on the Raffle to be a success, we can only absorb costs for so long before we strike out at the only thing left and that is a fee increase.
With 5 days to go before the raffle officially closes we have received back only 126 raffle books out of 400 that have been issued. I was disappointed at hearing this and to see that very minimal have been returned from the U8’s, U10’s & U12’s compelled me to react with the thought process of not playing subbies in the carnival. I now realize that this is not a suitable solution and as mentioned retract this penalty.
Each person that is registered as a player for our club has received a raffle book to sell – so it did not fall on just the sub-juniors to sell.
The people that have spent their time to organize this raffle and prizes are VOLUNTEERS for the Club who are doing above and beyond to make this a success and are passionate HVFC Members. This raffle is listed as a Major Raffle with the Licensing and Gambling Commission and there are procedures and protocols that must be followed. This involves records of EVERY book that has been issued and received must be recorded and Statutory Declarations to be signed by a Justice of the Peace if books are not returned. So it is of the utmost importance that these book are returned even if just one ticket is sold PLEASE return the books to avoid the organizers chasing for stat decs!
We understand that some families are struggling in this current economic climate and this was taken into consideration with the cost of the tickets and why we chose to run our own raffle rather than participate in the Community Football Raffle where tickets where $10 each! I truly believe that this raffle and the fantastic prizes is not an unreasonable expectation of one book per player and do understand that with many families of multiple players this has been difficult to sell – WE UNDERSTAND THAT. Please see Denise if you are having difficulty selling them. If you have religious beliefs that involve not gambling or participating in raffles WE UNDERSTAND THAT TOO – However if you don’t tell us we don’t know.
To those that have sold and returned books we THANK YOU immensely this will go towards keeping this club to the standard that we know now and be in the running to win some amazing prizes.
We understand that these sub-juniors are the future VIKINGS of our club and we look forward to watching them progress through our great club.
We also hope that some of the parents of these sub-juniors will be future Committee Members and will have an understanding of how the Club is run and how important fundraising/fee paying and general support of the Club is to maintain the standard of what we have today and hope to have in the future.
So all I’m asking is this, please think about the our club, we don’t get government funding or handouts from charity we look after ourselves, if you are passionate about our club please help we cannot do it without you.
Regards

Unbelievable
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby vics01 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Turbo.

What is unbelievable? About the letter
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:25 pm

I would like to start off by confirming that the refusal to allow sub-juniors to play in the carnival was a reaction after seeing the poor response of raffle ticket returns of sub-juniors. This planned penalty will be retracted and all players will be permitted to play in the carnival.

:shock: After all the national attention last year and the myriad of motherhood statements since, imagine the parents if they went through with this!

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Waterboy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Turbo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Is it true that the SFL handover complete control of the day to the hosting club, including organising the draws/fixtures etc?

Yes. However I'm pretty sure for the u10 carnival the SFL are creating the draw

The board member who came from Lonsdale and organised the carnivals when he was junior president here has done the draw for us, not quite the SFL.
Waterboy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 pm

We are a Football club not a business, we don’t strive to make massive profits we do however budget to cover our running expenses for each year, part of that being Raffles ,Comedy Nights, Quiz nights ,Movie nights, etc. We have 15 teams to field each season and I am sure you can imagine what it costs to run these 15 teams for a season. Our fees received don’t even cover a 1/3 of our yearly expenses
So all I’m asking is this, please think about the our club, we don’t get government funding or handouts from charity we look after ourselves, if you are passionate about our club please help we cannot do it without you.
Regards

"It's not about you, it's about the kids" :roll:

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Fundraising is down, so they think that taking the carnival away from the kids will do the job, the same kids and families that subsidise their over paid A grade list....interesting tact...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2422 times
Been liked: 3820 times

Postby Straight Line » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm

I see flaggies U10s now play M vale at 10am instead of 9am. Now will miss 2 of my sons U8 games..:evil:
Straight Line
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:19 pm

"Not so Happy" Valley
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 299 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Turbo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 pm

vics01 wrote:Turbo.

What is unbelievable? About the letter

This fish ain't biting
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Turbo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Waterboy wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Is it true that the SFL handover complete control of the day to the hosting club, including organising the draws/fixtures etc?

Yes. However I'm pretty sure for the u10 carnival the SFL are creating the draw

The board member who came from Lonsdale and organised the carnivals when he was junior president here has done the draw for us, not quite the SFL.

Yeah I realised that after I posted
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Saw the Under 10 draw tonight and they have done a good job, esp considering there are 25 teams with some clubs having 3 teams.

Good luck to all the under 8's on Sunday, lets hope its a good fun day out for all the families.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Just take plenty of loose change because there will be lots of people in yellow and black selling raffle tickets.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 299 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Just take plenty of loose change because there will be lots of people in yellow and black selling raffle tickets.

:lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Bloods4Life » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:11 am

I would like the opportunity to explain our actions and reasons behind the initial email: As stated in the covering letter with the raffle tickets this fundraising attempt is extremely important to the financial well being of our great club. We are a Football club not a business, we don’t strive to make massive profits we do however budget to cover our running expenses for each year, part of that being Raffles ,Comedy Nights, Quiz nights ,Movie nights, etc. We have 15 teams to field each season and I am sure you can imagine what it costs to run these 15 teams for a season. Our fees received don’t even cover a 1/3 of our yearly expenses, I’m sure no one wants to pay a larger amount per year in fees hence why we have these events. We are a very cheap club to be a part of, we want to keep striving to be that way.
The fundraising attempts this year have not been supported well by the WHOLE club with minimal attendance at major club functions such as the Comedy Night and with very little interest in the upcoming Movie Night, which therefore places a big reliance on the Raffle to be a success, we can only absorb costs for so long before we strike out at the only thing left and that is a fee increase.
With 5 days to go before the raffle officially closes we have received back only 126 raffle books out of 400 that have been issued. I was disappointed at hearing this and to see that very minimal have been returned from the U8’s, U10’s & U12’s compelled me to react with the thought process of not playing subbies in the carnival. I now realize that this is not a suitable solution and as mentioned retract this penalty.
Each person that is registered as a player for our club has received a raffle book to sell – so it did not fall on just the sub-juniors to sell.
The people that have spent their time to organize this raffle and prizes are VOLUNTEERS for the Club who are doing above and beyond to make this a success and are passionate HVFC Members. This raffle is listed as a Major Raffle with the Licensing and Gambling Commission and there are procedures and protocols that must be followed. This involves records of EVERY book that has been issued and received must be recorded and Statutory Declarations to be signed by a Justice of the Peace if books are not returned. So it is of the utmost importance that these book are returned even if just one ticket is sold PLEASE return the books to avoid the organizers chasing for stat decs!
We understand that some families are struggling in this current economic climate and this was taken into consideration with the cost of the tickets and why we chose to run our own raffle rather than participate in the Community Football Raffle where tickets where $10 each! I truly believe that this raffle and the fantastic prizes is not an unreasonable expectation of one book per player and do understand that with many families of multiple players this has been difficult to sell – WE UNDERSTAND THAT. Please see Denise if you are having difficulty selling them. If you have religious beliefs that involve not gambling or participating in raffles WE UNDERSTAND THAT TOO – However if you don’t tell us we don’t know.
To those that have sold and returned books we THANK YOU immensely this will go towards keeping this club to the standard that we know now and be in the running to win some amazing prizes.
We understand that these sub-juniors are the future VIKINGS of our club and we look forward to watching them progress through our great club.
We also hope that some of the parents of these sub-juniors will be future Committee Members and will have an understanding of how the Club is run and how important fundraising/fee paying and general support of the Club is to maintain the standard of what we have today and hope to have in the future.
Regards

Certainly seems like a lot of well paid employees running around at 2.30pm every Saturday.
Bloods4Life
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby afc9798 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:28 am

Dutchy wrote:Fundraising is down, so they think that taking the carnival away from the kids will do the job, the same kids and families that subsidise their over paid A grade list....interesting tact...

Overpaid? Why don't you publish the player payments that you clearly know about?
Then post Flagstaff, MVP and all the others.
Or are you just guessing? Don't agree with the original stance, but also don't agree with uninformed opinion about player payments.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby afc9798 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:32 am

Bloods4Life wrote:

Regards

Certainly seems like a lot of well paid employees running around at 2.30pm every Saturday.

And which club do you support, you don't identify it. And would also appreciate a breakdown of your player payments so we can compare.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Bloods4Life » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:37 am

afc9798 wrote:
Bloods4Life wrote:

Regards

And which club do you support, you don't identify it. And would also appreciate a breakdown of your player payments so we can compare.

Hey buddy don't get ya knickers in a knot, it's ok to admit there's very well paid players at your club, I didn't say there's anything wrong with it just referring to a statement in a previous post. Most of my good mates play at valleys and its a great club but there's at least 5-6 players there that take home a substantial payment every Saturday night. I would never say there names on a forum like this especially when I respect and are friends with those players. Buy facts are facts, the committee have dig deep into their pockets upon the last couple of years.
Bloods4Life
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dutchy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:24 pm

afc9798 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Fundraising is down, so they think that taking the carnival away from the kids will do the job, the same kids and families that subsidise their over paid A grade list....interesting tact...

Overpaid? Why don't you publish the player payments that you clearly know about?
Or are you just guessing? Don't agree with the original stance, but also don't agree with uninformed opinion about player payments.

Valley are the club crying poor in public...Id be just as critical of any club that did the same.

Also had a good chat last Saturday to a club president that lost 3 of his players to Valleys in recent years, and gave me an informed of what they were competing against.

Have no problem with player payments but isolating so many kids and families that are the lifeblood of the club and its finances is an interesting stance and was a hot topic at school footy this morning where half my team play for HV.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby the wonder elephant » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

Valley are the club crying poor in public...Id be just as critical of any club that did the same.

Also had a good chat last Saturday to a club president that lost 3 of his players to Valleys in recent years, and gave me an informed of what they were competing against.
have to be the devils pres wouldn't it dutchy club stops paying players start walking ??? sad for the hfl because they need a strong Mt Lofty ... Scary the player payments these days ... back in my day ....

Have no problem with player payments but isolating so many kids and families that are the lifeblood of the club and its finances is an interesting stance and was a hot topic at school footy this morning where half my team play for HV.
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby the wonder elephant » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:50 pm

have to be the devils pres wouldn't it dutchy club stops paying players start walking ??? sad for the hfl because they need a strong Mt Lofty ... Scary the player payments these days ... back in my day ....
sorry :oops:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL