Morphettville Park Football Club News

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Morphettville Park Football Club News

Postby Moe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Madrooster wrote:
Moe wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Wow- a good effort to get that far ahead, and then a shocking effort to lose it from there..

Maybe the boys should have shown up to preseason Moe?

Correct MatteeG.
For far too long our long time supporters have sat by and watched as our club is gutted from the inside by selfish money hunting parasites.
I am disgusted by what i saw yesterday, and some of the actions of so called "Club" people i have seen over the last 2 weeks.
Blokes that say the club do not do enough for this guy or that guy then piss off to another club are a joke.

Sorry Morphy fans but another long season is ahead i am afraid.

By the way, well done to Chucka on his first up win as coach of the B grade.
Maybe if the so called A grade had some of their fighting qualities, rants like mine would not be needed!

Gee Moe - I get tired of you skirting around the issues, why dont you tell us how you really feel! :roll:

Sorry big fella, maybe you have taught me too well.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Deep Heat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:18 pm

I agree disgraceful to lose after being that far in front. But there are some positives to come out of the game, 9 first time players in the side and lots of the blokes havent played together before all be it there own faults. I predict it will take a few weeks for everybofy to gel as a team and learn each others strengths and weaknesses. Also with mc allister to come back in and wilkey i feel morphies have the best squad they have had in years with an average age of about 23. hopefully they can stick together for a few years and develop a strong A grade side like they have had many years ago .
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm interested in how a few of the ex GFC boys went - RooBoy, Dane S & Morgan?
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Moe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:19 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:I'm interested in how a few of the ex GFC boys went - RooBoy, Dane S & Morgan?

The 1 who stood out was Elliot King. Sensational game. Probably the 3 votes.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby dundee12 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Deep Heat staying stick around??????????????????? Did Mike Tyson become president last night?
dundee12
Rookie

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Moe wrote:
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:I'm interested in how a few of the ex GFC boys went - RooBoy, Dane S & Morgan?

The 1 who stood out was Elliot King. Sensational game. Probably the 3 votes.

Oops yeah I forgot about Kingy. Good to hear he's playing great footy. Thanks
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby VC » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Moe wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Wow- a good effort to get that far ahead, and then a shocking effort to lose it from there..

Maybe the boys should have shown up to preseason Moe?

Correct MatteeG.
For far too long our long time supporters have sat by and watched as our club is gutted from the inside by selfish money hunting parasites.
I am disgusted by what i saw yesterday, and some of the actions of so called "Club" people i have seen over the last 2 weeks.
Blokes that say the club do not do enough for this guy or that guy then piss off to another club are a joke.

Sorry Morphy fans but another long season is ahead i am afraid.

By the way, well done to Chucka on his first up win as coach of the B grade.
Maybe if the so called A grade had some of their fighting qualities, rants like mine would not be needed!

the problem moe. is the club keeps forking the cash out to these 'parasites' and has done for a long time...
VC
Under 16s

Postby Deep Heat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:26 pm

yes the club does pay players and so does every club in the league and most leagues and if they didnt have these paid players they would be dead last behind hackham and not have a B grade side at all so its easy to critisise these guys but without them there would be no club at all so lets maybe blame the fact our club has no depth eg juniors
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Postby VC » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:03 pm

missed the point there deep heat. there are alot of players who deserve to be paid... and every club in the southern league need these guys to be competitive... the problem at morphies, is they either pay players more than they're worth... or pay guys who don't deserve it. and it's been that way there for a very long time. just my opinion
VC
Under 16s

Postby Spangy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Moe...

Yes with that kind of 8 goal start you should of won... Wether the lost was to due to having 9 new players in your side & you need to gel before you win a game, We had 11 new A graders.. I think what it really came down to was:

1. We were a lot fitter hence we ran over morphies...

2. The last 3 qrts out played & out coached...

Good luck tho for the rest of the year....
Spangy

Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Moe » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:03 am

So tell me Roo players, How many of you will step out next week against Hackham and have 40 touches or kick 5-6 goals and think,Yep i have earnt my cash this week?
15 goals to 1 in 40 minutes of footy in the wet versus Cove this week. F&*CKING pathetic.
Time for heads to roll.
My club is being crucified.
Stand up and be counted.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Deep Heat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:50 am

gday moe, What do you suggest we as a club can do to change this now? If we drop players who replaces them? there are no b graders pushing for a grade selection What can we do?
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Postby special » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:06 am

Deep Heat wrote:gday moe, What do you suggest we as a club can do to change this now? If we drop players who replaces them? there are no b graders pushing for a grade selection What can we do?

play the two blonds behind the goals will increase gate and bar takings and may increase player depth, just a thought thats what we are doing lol ;)
special
Rookie

Postby Moe » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Deep Heat wrote:gday moe, What do you suggest we as a club can do to change this now? If we drop players who replaces them? there are no b graders pushing for a grade selection What can we do?

Well firstly DH i suggest we do not have our 3 tallest players on the bench at one time (unless thay are injured)
Secondly we need a coach who is willing to change his/our game plan when things go awry.
Thirdly , we need to be fitter both in body & mind. We continually stay with or outplay sides early in games then get blown away when we get tired. The most basic thing i was taught as a youngster was the first option is the right option. We have players doing this early but when the going gets tough they play for themselves & continually make bad decisions.
Another point would be not to be given the week off training when we have the Bye. Christ knows we need the fitness, yet we will only train on the Saturday morning then go on and get on the piss in the arvo.(Not a bad idea i suppose)

In a nutshell mate: SACK THE COACH NOW!!! Start rebuilding. Peter Mueret has had his time. Sorry to say.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Deep Heat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Apart from myself fitness is not the issue. if anything i think we have done too much running and not enough skills and set plays. we have no set ups around the ground for ball ups or throw ins and are trying to **** around with it too much instead of getting it on the boot and into our forward line our full forward is 7 foot tall and should be left one out in the 50 not surrounded by goal hungry lazy flankers trying to get there name in the sunday mail getting in his way and drawing there defenders into the game we have the best squad we have had in years and just need to put it together .As frustrating as it is for everyone involved waiting for it to happen
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Deep Heat wrote:Apart from myself fitness is not the issue. if anything i think we have done too much running and not enough skills and set plays. we have no set ups around the ground for ball ups or throw ins and are trying to **** around with it too much instead of getting it on the boot and into our forward line our full forward is 7 foot tall and should be left one out in the 50 not surrounded by goal hungry lazy flankers trying to get there name in the sunday mail getting in his way and drawing there defenders into the game we have the best squad we have had in years and just need to put it together .As frustrating as it is for everyone involved waiting for it to happen

Hope like hell that this latest attempt at setting up colts is successful and in 5 - 7 years the twisties will not have to overpay players to get them at the club.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Tubby » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Moe wrote:

Well firstly DH i suggest we do not have our 3 tallest players on the bench at one time (unless thay are injured)
Secondly we need a coach who is willing to change his/our game plan when things go awry.
Thirdly , we need to be fitter both in body & mind. We continually stay with or outplay sides early in games then get blown away when we get tired. The most basic thing i was taught as a youngster was the first option is the right option. We have players doing this early but when the going gets tough they play for themselves & continually make bad decisions.
Another point would be not to be given the week off training when we have the Bye. Christ knows we need the fitness, yet we will only train on the Saturday morning then go on and get on the piss in the arvo.(Not a bad idea i suppose)

In a nutshell mate: SACK THE COACH NOW!!! Start rebuilding. Peter Mueret has had his time. Sorry to say.

Careful Moe !!!!!
Tubby
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Moe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Tubby wrote:
Moe wrote:

Careful Moe !!!!!

Somebody must say what everybody is thinking Tubby.
You cannot tell me you are happy with our coach.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby One Eyed » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:34 pm

As a coach we all now look over our shoulders, if a club thinks that way
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Moe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 pm

One Eyed wrote:As a coach we all now look over our shoulders, if a club thinks that way

This is not a kneejerk reaction to 3 bad games.
It is another 2 seasons as well with lots of money spent and 8th place is our best finish.
The coach is not entirely to blame, but he does the recruiting, and i guarantee those recruited players wont take any of the responsibility.
Moe
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL