Struggle street - the bottom 8 of the SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Struggle street - the bottom 8 of the SFL

Postby cyclops » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:02 pm

and if youre correct sss that average payments are $68,then imo that is not only a disgrace but f##n embarrasing in this day and age.
cyclops

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:50 pm

SSS wrote:
cyclops wrote:
DILLIGAF wrote:
cyclops wrote:Im not sure if this issue with M/Vale is correct or not,but one thing is for sure our club never seems to have any money,wot the hell is going on,i would doubt wether any other clubs would get as many to game days or prezos and have as many numbers playing(a grade-mini league)for the club as wot m/vale do.Im confused when it comes to the financial position.Not too mention GF nights for the past 8 yrs or so,you cant move in the club.Bingo twice a week,raffles every week.Maybe we need to get sum1 finding sponsors 24/7.If i had enough cash i would definately giv it too the club.How do other local clubs make cash-anyone.

maybe the players are getting to much

Mate i wish so much that this was true,but you are so far from the truth.If m/vale players were getting paid so much then we wouldnt have to worry bout blokes like Zac Ewer and Hodgey playn anywhere else.But u cant blame them for goin.

Not the case DILLIGAF. Average player payments only $68 according to financials. Players also pay pretty high subs. I wish I knew where all the money is going.

????

I am feeling very, very, VERY below average right now!
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby cyclops » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:53 pm

????

I am feeling very, very, VERY below average right now![/quote]

Well i feel for ya mate.
cyclops

Postby DILLIGAF » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:04 pm

shoe boy wrote:
asert wrote:wasnt that cos they closed the bar at like 7pm night of the grand final so everyone left to porties

And put bouncers on the door to keep their own players and members out???

dont know what you guys are on but ill have some neither of those things happened
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:51 pm

What do you mean $68 average player payment is embarrassing Cyclops. Have you done your sums ? Thats a total of $1428 per game and assuming that 9 or 10 blokes are maybe on the base of say $50 a game or win, that still leaves an average of at least $100 per game for the rest which is good money. Take into account games lost through injury then its fair to say that whenever the Emus fielded their best team then the average may have been closer to $80 which means quite a few on over $100 per game. At the end of the day playing footy at our level is a form of recreation that no-one makes you do. No-one pays joggers to go for a jog, surfers to have a surf etc.

If MV paid an average of $68 for 21 players over 21 games (inc. finals) then this is a total payment of exactly $30,000. Good money in my book.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby cyclops » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Down the Hill wrote:What do you mean $68 average player payment is embarrassing Cyclops. Have you done your sums ? Thats a total of $1428 per game and assuming that 9 or 10 blokes are maybe on the base of say $50 a game or win, that still leaves an average of at least $100 per game for the rest which is good money. Take into account games lost through injury then its fair to say that whenever the Emus fielded their best team then the average may have been closer to $80 which means quite a few on over $100 per game. At the end of the day playing footy at our level is a form of recreation that no-one makes you do. No-one pays joggers to go for a jog, surfers to have a surf etc.

If MV paid an average of $68 for 21 players over 21 games (inc. finals) then this is a total payment of exactly $30,000. Good money in my book.

Mate im not saying its not a lot of $$ BUT when your comparing it to what alot of other clubs do its not that much
cyclops

Postby SSS » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Down the Hill wrote:What do you mean $68 average player payment is embarrassing Cyclops. Have you done your sums ? Thats a total of $1428 per game and assuming that 9 or 10 blokes are maybe on the base of say $50 a game or win, that still leaves an average of at least $100 per game for the rest which is good money. Take into account games lost through injury then its fair to say that whenever the Emus fielded their best team then the average may have been closer to $80 which means quite a few on over $100 per game. At the end of the day playing footy at our level is a form of recreation that no-one makes you do. No-one pays joggers to go for a jog, surfers to have a surf etc.

I think that match payments are only made for minor round games.

So $4000 or so needs to come off of that figure DtH.

Many Emu players could get much more elsewhere if money was their motive for playing.

It's basically mates playing together, with flags and mateship their motivation.
SSS

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:21 pm

I suppose the issue is what are clubs like Jervois paying their loyal locals. A country club could pay 13 local guys $20 per game plus a beer card then they can pay 2 blokes @ $300 per game, 6 blokes @ $200 per game which is $98 average which would get reduced with injury etc.

It starts getting a bit ridiculous and I must admit most guys (not all) who go off and play for the big dollars are often average blokes who have no concept of club loyalty and life-long friendships.

I know a guy who chased coin in GSFL and RMFL who never lived out of metro Adelaide and ironically only catches up with old teammates who were also from Adelaide playing for the coin at the same clubs. Even though some of the old locals now live in Adelaide.

Some of these guys may be heroes at their club in the time they played but quickly forgotten. Names like Pollard, Gaskin, Fishlock, Jolly, Tucker etc. will remain legends at their clubs for years after they retire.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby SSS » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Well said DtH
SSS

Postby cyclops » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Down the Hill wrote:I suppose the issue is what are clubs like Jervois paying their loyal locals. A country club could pay 13 local guys $20 per game plus a beer card then they can pay 2 blokes @ $300 per game, 6 blokes @ $200 per game which is $98 average which would get reduced with injury etc.

It starts getting a bit ridiculous and I must admit most guys (not all) who go off and play for the big dollars are often average blokes who have no concept of club loyalty and life-long friendships.

I know a guy who chased coin in GSFL and RMFL who never lived out of metro Adelaide and ironically only catches up with old teammates who were also from Adelaide playing for the coin at the same clubs. Even though some of the old locals now live in Adelaide.

Some of these guys may be heroes at their club in the time they played but quickly forgotten. Names like Pollard, Gaskin, Fishlock, Jolly, Tucker etc. will remain legends at their clubs for years after they retire.

Yeh f#k well said dth,I actually feel left speechless after reading that mate,point taken and f#k again well said.
cyclops

Postby FarQM/Vale » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:48 pm

hackham dont need a powerball they need douches like urself 2 stop bad mouthing the club but then again nobody listens 2 snobs like urself
FarQM/Vale

Postby The Brad » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Down the Hill wrote:I know a guy who chased coin in GSFL and RMFL who never lived out of metro Adelaide and ironically only catches up with old teammates who were also from Adelaide playing for the coin at the same clubs. Even though some of the old locals now live in Adelaide.

Who was that, Mahony?
Alex???
The Brad
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Kingston

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:09 pm

FarQM/Vale wrote:hackham dont need a powerball they need douches like urself 2 stop bad mouthing the club but then again nobody listens 2 snobs like urself

Two focuses to my intro, one, which seems to be ignored, is that not one of the top 7 clubs, which includes edwardstown, are likely to miss the finals in the next three years. Second, is that the bridging the gap is a long and arduous road and I only think Flagstaff and Noarlunga have the right pieces in place to bridge the gap in the medium term; all others either lack depth in terms of numbers (especially juniors) or quality.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby FarQM/Vale » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:09 pm

mate you have no idea wat can happen in between seasons theres a lot of rumours goin around that morphies are gonna be struggling and that aldinga are on the rise
FarQM/Vale

Postby the big bang » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:54 pm

FarQM/Vale wrote:mate you have no idea wat can happen in between seasons theres a lot of rumours goin around that morphies are gonna be struggling and that aldinga are on the rise

YEAH BOY!!! i love us 8)
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:37 am

FarQM/Vale wrote:mate you have no idea wat can happen in between seasons theres a lot of rumours goin around that morphies are gonna be struggling and that aldinga are on the rise

Lets take the example of the egg and sauce, they won, I believe, more games last season than in the previous three seasons. From a financial point of view, they´ve reportedly gone from around $20k in the red to somewhere in the black, made changes to the clubrooms, recruited well, and added a strong and stable administration and coaching staff. Yes, they have the potential to keep improving and maybe make sixth this year (keeping in mind they'll have a harder draw), but they until they fix the massive hole of having no juniors, they'll always be in danger of regressing back to season '07; there is even an example in their thread

"yeh never really get juniors over 15 out there i went from 16's 2 a grade season before last its a huge jump maybe why they are struggling ??" (hoarey)

Contrast this to those "elite" teams, who have one or two teams in every junior grade, and it is a massive uphill battle.

Secondly, please explain to my which one of those "elite" teams is in danger of not making the 8 next year and the foreseeable future.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:47 am

[.

Secondly, please explain to my which one of those "elite" teams is in danger of not making the 8 next year and the foreseeable future.[/quote]
Pt Noarlunga! they do have juniours but they struggle to field a full side in all juniour sides each week and the depth is not to flash.
Also on a tangent one of their very good young lads took the money and ran???? any comments from Porties please as you must be p---d .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby the observer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:13 am

You will have to spell it out about took the money and ran Are you talking about the players trip or are you talking about a player going else where to play and taking money and running. Be careful your club has glass windows with quite a few rock throwers just waiting to pounce.We all have a histiory
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:16 pm

the observer wrote:You will have to spell it out about took the money and ran Are you talking about the players trip or are you talking about a player going else where to play and taking money and running. Be careful your club has glass windows with quite a few rock throwers just waiting to pounce.We all have a histiory

Thats right you have got it the players trip.
As for rock throwers please fill me in as that is what this is all about putting it out there???
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:25 pm

shoe boy wrote:
the observer wrote:You will have to spell it out about took the money and ran Are you talking about the players trip or are you talking about a player going else where to play and taking money and running. Be careful your club has glass windows with quite a few rock throwers just waiting to pounce.We all have a histiory

Thats right you have got it the players trip.
As for rock throwers please fill me in as that is what this is all about putting it out there???

Care to elaborate on what happened on the trip?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL