C Grade 2008

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: C Grade 2008

Postby The Mexican » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:24 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
cyclops wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:
Reader wrote:I was lucky enough to have a look at this game and I was impressed with the standard and pace of the game. I was a little bemused by two things on the day. One was the yellow card happy actions of the umpires for what seemed minor incidents in the context of a grand final the other was the best on ground given to the Morphett Vale’s tall full forward. I for one thought that the tall no. 24 CHF/Ruck for Morphett Vale was good all game closely followed by the smaller utility forward no. 19.

Congratulations to Morphett Vale on the win.

Pretty well on the money there Reader with 19, Dean "Nash" Pannunzio, getting the nod as best on ground by the coaching staff.

young sammy sloan couldnt have been too far away surely.

I think he got 2nd or 3rd. The memories of those couple of hours are a little hazy.

Gee you blokes are talking up number 24 a fair bit, was servicable at best..!!!
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 pm

Yeah id have to agree with you for once Mex, id say number 24 "did his job" and that's all you could really say about him. Also he was sent off for a thuggish act, which completely rules him out of getting the medal IMHO. Interestingly enough he finished this altercation cowering on the ground with his opponents raised fist over his head... he'd probably be better of just playing the ball?

Great games from S Sloan and D Pannunzio, tho to be fair Harris was good as well.
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby AFLflyer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:Yeah id have to agree with you for once Mex, id say number 24 "did his job" and that's all you could really say about him. Also he was sent off for a thuggish act, which completely rules him out of getting the medal IMHO. Interestingly enough he finished this altercation cowering on the ground with his opponents raised fist over his head... he'd probably be better of just playing the ball?

Great games from S Sloan and D Pannunzio, tho to be fair Harris was good as well.

Do both the Pannunzio boys still knock around in the C's how does the other one go?
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Bag The Points » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:01 pm

Named best for the press ---
1. Sammy Sloan
2. Scott Howell
3. Dean Pannunzio
4. Al Limpus
5. Chad Stevens
Harris not named but kicked four goals
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby cyclops » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:22 pm

who wore 24 for emus?
cyclops

Postby Chipper » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:15 pm

Not sure who that 24 is but he played a decent game I thought,
I did notice the Emus at the Northen End had a banner on the fence behind the goals, from what I could remember it had a few messages, one reading show us your Dcups number 24, please explain Morphy people, if its not to rude.
Chipper
Mini-League

Postby Off The Wall » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:08 pm

Didnt notice 24 was sent off, mind you the send off's for both sides were a bit judgemental. Truth that most morphy players not playin again next year?
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby The Mexican » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:10 am

Chipper wrote:Not sure who that 24 is but he played a decent game I thought,
I did notice the Emus at the Northen End had a banner on the fence behind the goals, from what I could remember it had a few messages, one reading show us your Dcups number 24, please explain Morphy people, if its not to rude.

Quite encouraging don't you think, very inspirational..?? :shock: Let's just say that #24 is a little loose/sloppy around the pectoral region hence "Show us your D cups"...!!! :lol:
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby The Mexican » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:14 am

Off The Wall wrote:Didnt notice 24 was sent off, mind you the send off's for both sides were a bit judgemental. Truth that most morphy players not playin again next year?

Yeah mate a few retirements, Captain/Ruckman, Player/Coach (will continue to just coach though) and a couple others who are having a year off... Having said that the 43 year old CHB is looking to go around again, played all his career and this was his first GF appearance... :shock:
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Off The Wall » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:50 am

The Mexican wrote:
Yeah mate a few retirements, Captain/Ruckman, Player/Coach (will continue to just coach though) and a couple others who are having a year off... Having said that the 43 year old CHB is looking to go around again, played all his career and this was his first GF appearance... :shock:

Yeh was quite proud for Ongas, well done to him. Will be interesting to see if he goes back to the Shoes if they have a C grade this year. Heard Harry will no longer be in the C grade, and with porties keeping the same side, plus a couple more coming in, looks like they would be early favourites for next year.
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Swooper16 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 am

Off The Wall wrote:
The Mexican wrote:

Yeh was quite proud for Ongas, well done to him. Will be interesting to see if he goes back to the Shoes if they have a C grade this year. Heard Harry will no longer be in the C grade, and with porties keeping the same side, plus a couple more coming in, looks like they would be early favourites for next year.

Not so sure about that. If the emus A grade get no.5 think there are a couple of blokes who have flagged an interest in just having a kick on Sundays in 2009.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Reader » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Swooper16 wrote:
Off The Wall wrote:
The Mexican wrote:

Not so sure about that. If the emus A grade get no.5 think there are a couple of blokes who have flagged an interest in just having a kick on Sundays in 2009.

I hear that Brad Carpenter is a likely starter for Sunday footy next year with the Emus. Any truth to this rumor?
Reader
Mini-League

Postby Swooper16 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:49 pm

More then likely. He did his knee 1/2 way thru this season so if he elects to have a kick in 2009 then i dare say it would be thru the Mcgees.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby The Dutchman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Do you think he would make the best 18 Swoop?
The Dutchman
Under 18s

Postby Swooper16 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:01 pm

If you listen to his resume (even when you havent asked to hear it) then you would think he would command a back pocket. but being the wrong side of 30, serious knee injury and trying to force his way into a premiership team may see him take on more of an encouragement role rather then a playing one....
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby Cheese Twisties » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Swooper16 wrote:If you listen to his resume (even when you havent asked to hear it) then you would think he would command a back pocket. but being the wrong side of 30, serious knee injury and trying to force his way into a premiership team may see him take on more of an encouragement role rather then a playing one....

I concur Swoop, it would be a gutsy and thus doubtful move IMO - he would probably be the most targeted player in the comp? Would he survive a game that only had one umpire to keep the players under control...??
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Not sure if his body will be up to the extra physicality that comes with a tough C grade game.

No where to hide out there you have to go and get the ball.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby ex diver » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:55 pm

Swooper16 wrote:If you listen to his resume (even when you havent asked to hear it) then you would think he would command a back pocket. but being the wrong side of 30, serious knee injury and trying to force his way into a premiership team may see him take on more of an encouragement role rather then a playing one....

Tell me this Swooper, how does your resume stack up? Been getting a kick this season or been more on the receiving end of these, from what i hear you should be keeping your opinion on these matters to yourself
Last edited by ex diver on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1997. Now that was a great year.
ex diver
Mini-League

Postby ex diver » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:59 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:

I concur Swoop, it would be a gutsy and thus doubtful move IMO - he would probably be the most targeted player in the comp? Would he survive a game that only had one umpire to keep the players under control...??

Hey CT I'M BACK! You talking about guts? Now that is a turn up for the books, if you had any guts whatsoever maybe you might be a target yourself one day instead of treading water.
1997. Now that was a great year.
ex diver
Mini-League

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL