Division 1 & Division 2 Sould we have 2 divisions in the SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Division 1 & Division 2 Sould we have 2 divisions in the SFL

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:37 am

Kiddies, I believe this is a thread about having 2 divs in the SFL.. can we keep it on track please?
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby know all » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:21 pm

We all no that nothing will get done the OLD blokes boys club who run the SFL are to busy doing nothing to do anything what major GOOD decision have they made in recent years.they take the gf away from porties oval to bloody windy hill instead of organizing security and other thing that would of allowed it to stay there.Association has gone to s@#t no one really wants to play what happen to the good old 4 team ass.comp played in it loved it saturday at reynella if we won played grand final at strath on monday Gold.As for divisions its only viable if we can attract another 6 sides to make a even north south comp draw a line happy valley north reynella south introduce clubs like mclaren myponga kang meadow for south and edwardstown mithell pk shoc phos mitcham etc for north play a div grand final then have a superbowl grand final to decide the top dog of the comp.Sure this will cause some debate let it rip :roll:
know all
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:37 pm

know all wrote:We all no that nothing will get done the OLD blokes boys club who run the SFL are to busy doing nothing to do anything what major GOOD decision have they made in recent years.they take the gf away from porties oval to bloody windy hill instead of organizing security and other thing that would of allowed it to stay there.Association has gone to s@#t no one really wants to play what happen to the good old 4 team ass.comp played in it loved it saturday at reynella if we won played grand final at strath on monday Gold.As for divisions its only viable if we can attract another 6 sides to make a even north south comp draw a line happy valley north reynella south introduce clubs like mclaren myponga kang meadow for south and edwardstown mithell pk shoc phos mitcham etc for north play a div grand final then have a superbowl grand final to decide the top dog of the comp.Sure this will cause some debate let it rip :roll:

It has merit Know all but what do we do with Lonsdale/M Pk for example,and where are Cove north or south :? Must agree on moving of grand final to South worst call of all. Also like the idea of superbowl.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby know all » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:07 pm

shoe boy wrote:
know all wrote:We all no that nothing will get done the OLD blokes boys club who run the SFL are to busy doing nothing to do anything what major GOOD decision have they made in recent years.they take the gf away from porties oval to bloody windy hill instead of organizing security and other thing that would of allowed it to stay there.Association has gone to s@#t no one really wants to play what happen to the good old 4 team ass.comp played in it loved it saturday at reynella if we won played grand final at strath on monday Gold.As for divisions its only viable if we can attract another 6 sides to make a even north south comp draw a line happy valley north reynella south introduce clubs like mclaren myponga kang meadow for south and edwardstown mithell pk shoc phos mitcham etc for north play a div grand final then have a superbowl grand final to decide the top dog of the comp.Sure this will cause some debate let it rip :roll:

It has merit Know all but what do we do with Lonsdale/M Pk for example,and where are Cove north or south :? Must agree on moving of grand final to South worst call of all. Also like the idea of superbowl.

exactly it needs some tweeking but the balls of it is along the right track glad you agree shoe boy its out there but ...
know all
Rookie

Postby BringBackDBush » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:23 am

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:2 divisions would be fantastic, but what really needs to happen is the SFL and the SAAFL need to stop being so pig headed thinking one is better than the other and get together and form one sort of super league. Still have division 1 or a premier league where the best 10 or 12 teams compete, but then brake the rest up into areas, have a south, metro south, north, metro north, western, eastern and a city division (can be broken down into more areas if needed). You could still have finals in each area, then have a final series for the top club in each divsion. The top 2 clubs go up to the premier league and the bottom 2 go down into there area comp. I know this may cause odd numbers of teams but some of these areas may need 2 divisions. I think SA footy as a whole needs a bit of a revamp and sometime you need to look outside the square. This could even help the SANFL clubs, they may get closer contacts with each club in there areas and be able to source more players. It sounds like a very out there idea but it could work. (Will probably get shot down in flames but its just an idea) :ANAL:

W&D you seam to have the details of this little scheme too detailed.
I hear this is on the minds of some of the SFL directors, discussed in secret in the back rooms of the League. Maybe you are one of them.
A way of amalgamating all the clubs creating some premier league breaking up the local comps and making heaps of money off all the other clubs in the process. I would love my successful club to play in the Premier League and travel to Tea Tree Gully for a game NOT….
We have a Premier League already if you haven’t noticed it’s called the SANFL.
Don’t destroy local footy with this power and money hungry plan.
Be warned local footy supporters this evil slimey little undercurrent has been leaching around the back rooms for a while.

To get back on the topic of the 2 divisions, the above isn’t a solution to div1 disparity. What is, is two divs, 8 in div1, 6 in div 2, final 4 for both and if any LOCAL clubs want to join the SFL consider them ONLY if they come with a full gamut of juniors and seniors.
PG 4 PM
BringBackDBush

Postby Gator-Aid » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:15 am

To get back on the topic of the 2 divisions, the above isn’t a solution to div1 disparity. What is, is two divs, 8 in div1, 6 in div 2, final 4 for both and if any LOCAL clubs want to join the SFL consider them ONLY if they come with a full gamut of juniors and seniors.

Glad to see this posted from someone that has obviously given this some serious thought. The problem you are now facing is convincing the 'top dogs' this is the best way to go.
Now that is just plain dumb, don't you think?
Gator-Aid
Rookie

Postby GO THE PUNT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Yeh all good saying if a local club wants to join bring the whole party but last time I looked at juniors there are clubs already established in the league that can't achieve this. Lets fix this first before we get hsrd on other clubs who are keen to join. I think that would be a better starting point. Its easy to bag the towns for not doing it but they will have full juniors in b4 some of the current clubs do.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby BringBackDBush » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:23 pm

GO THE PUNT wrote:Yeh all good saying if a local club wants to join bring the whole party but last time I looked at juniors there are clubs already established in the league that can't achieve this. Lets fix this first before we get hsrd on other clubs who are keen to join. I think that would be a better starting point. Its easy to bag the towns for not doing it but they will have full juniors in b4 some of the current clubs do.

B4 some of the other clubs?
Straight away or no way.
You're right we have some clubs who struggle with providing juniors but at least they would if they could. The Townies have them and are only making partial promises for the future. They may never bring them down south to play they already have their own separate junior structure, independent of their seniors, what’s stopping them from keeping it that way. Then the SFL will be stuck with just the seniors teams and knowing them no balls to kick them out. As you said we already have some clubs without juniors in the SFL if it's going to take the Townies time to sort it out logistically then join the league when you’ve sorted it out. We ain’t going anywhere.
Edwardstown FULL package or BUGGER OFF!
PG 4 PM
BringBackDBush

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:58 am

GO THE PUNT wrote:Yeh all good saying if a local club wants to join bring the whole party but last time I looked at juniors there are clubs already established in the league that can't achieve this. Lets fix this first before we get hsrd on other clubs who are keen to join. I think that would be a better starting point. Its easy to bag the towns for not doing it but they will have full juniors in b4 some of the current clubs do.

Took me a while to make sense of this post, but what I think you're getting at is that some of the current SFL clubs don't field sides in all junior grades? If so, why the hell would the league want another club with no kids? (Don't answer that. :? )

All Edwardstown are looking for in the SFL is instant success. The problem with this is that they're not going to improve as a club - they're just going to be beating a whole lot more teams and deluding themselves that they're great. It's like when Aldinga thrashed Flinders Uni in the preseason - then played them again. What was the point of that? Might as well have set up a trial game with the Keith Under-9s or something.

To sum up - if Edwardstown really want to give the SFL a go, they should bring their juniors. If they're not prepared to do that, they can bugger off. There are plenty of other places they can go if they can't/don't want to try and cut it in the SAAFL. Fourteen teams in the SFL are more than enough already.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby GO THE PUNT » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm not saying that efc shouldn't have to bring the juniors. I think it would be great if they could from the start but its not an easy task for them. They are 2 different bodies so lets give them a chance to work thru it. Its a huge thing they are doing and I think they will be a great inclusion for the sfl.They will offer more to the comp than some other clubs that I wont name. You all write on hear that the sfl top guys are useless don't show any guts and when they try and do somthing positive you get into them. Lets just sit back and see what happens and when it works lets get blackwood into the comp and it will just keep going forward.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby AFLflyer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:40 pm

GO THE PUNT wrote:I'm not saying that efc shouldn't have to bring the juniors. I think it would be great if they could from the start but its not an easy task for them. They are 2 different bodies so lets give them a chance to work thru it. Its a huge thing they are doing and I think they will be a great inclusion for the sfl.They will offer more to the comp than some other clubs that I wont name. You all write on hear that the sfl top guys are useless don't show any guts and when they try and do somthing positive you get into them. Lets just sit back and see what happens and when it works lets get blackwood into the comp and it will just keep going forward.

=D>
Agree!

i bet BBDB doesn't!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby BringBackDBush » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:00 pm

AFLflyer wrote:
GO THE PUNT wrote:I'm not saying that efc shouldn't have to bring the juniors. I think it would be great if they could from the start but its not an easy task for them. They are 2 different bodies so lets give them a chance to work thru it. Its a huge thing they are doing and I think they will be a great inclusion for the sfl.They will offer more to the comp than some other clubs that I wont name. You all write on hear that the sfl top guys are useless don't show any guts and when they try and do somthing positive you get into them. Lets just sit back and see what happens and when it works lets get blackwood into the comp and it will just keep going forward.

=D>
Agree!

i bet BBDB doesn't!

I bag the league top guys "Knob Heads" for this exact thing.
They say they’re considering the Edwardstown thing to improve the comp but they aren’t improving anything unless they come with the full package. So I’m paying out the league knob heads for making things worse.
Or maybe getting some good armature senior teams in the comp is all they really want. Maybe they are quite happy to let them have their juniors playing elsewhere and never join us ever. Maybe this is their hidden agenda.

Townies, SFL arn't going anywere once you sort out your whole club come on down south. Unless you were never intending to right from the start. :^o
PG 4 PM
BringBackDBush

Postby GO THE PUNT » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Well if they are such knob heads and can't achieve good outcomes why don't you get on the board and voice your opinions and get them going in the right directions. I'm not saying all the choices they make are correct but they put this one to a vote with the clubs and the vote went towards yes. If the clubs didn't think it was a positive and that it wouldn't work with them not having juniors straight away then it would have been no. I suggest you go and talk to the board at your club and find out why they voted yes unless your club is one of them that said no.The simple fact is the board are trying to go in a direction to improve the league and maybe one day they may end up with enough clubs to build two divs again that everybody thinks we need to have but from what I can recall div 2 was previously a nothink league that drove clubs away and is partly the reason that certain clubs can't attract juniors to play for them. Like i said lets sit back and wait and see what happens its not going to destroy the sfl its all positives I feel and so do 12 other clubs.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby BringBackDBush » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 pm

GO THE PUNT wrote:Well if they are such knob heads and can't achieve good outcomes why don't you get on the board and voice your opinions and get them going in the right directions. I'm not saying all the choices they make are correct but they put this one to a vote with the clubs and the vote went towards yes. If the clubs didn't think it was a positive and that it wouldn't work with them not having juniors straight away then it would have been no. I suggest you go and talk to the board at your club and find out why they voted yes unless your club is one of them that said no.The simple fact is the board are trying to go in a direction to improve the league and maybe one day they may end up with enough clubs to build two divs again that everybody thinks we need to have but from what I can recall div 2 was previously a nothink league that drove clubs away and is partly the reason that certain clubs can't attract juniors to play for them. Like i said lets sit back and wait and see what happens its not going to destroy the sfl its all positives I feel and so do 12 other clubs.

They stuffed up Div 1 to help the losers in Div2 another great decision SFL and now they’re still trying to sort it out.
How was sending clubs into div 1 to get thrashed every week not driving them way. Maybe they should pole the clubs now to find out if they should go to an 8 6 comp.
I’d love to know how many decisions the League really make that have the consensus of all the clubs they represent.
Sterile Panthers GF anybody.
Tell me who the decision makers are from each club and maybe we can ask them how many decisions they are really involved in.
PG 4 PM
BringBackDBush

Postby BringBackDBush » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:43 pm

By the way SFL AGM coming soon I've asked here where when what time but have had no reply. It's open to all SFL life members to come if they can get the details.
Is it a decision made by all clubs to keep it a secret.
PG 4 PM
BringBackDBush

Postby Waterboy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 pm

BringBackDBush wrote:By the way SFL AGM coming soon I've asked here where when what time but have had no reply. It's open to all SFL life members to come if they can get the details.
Is it a decision made by all clubs to keep it a secret.

When is 17th of November, where and what time can't help you with.

Vice president, director of junior football, 2 directors and 3 assistant directors will be advertised for. Plenty of opportunities for people who think they can make a difference to step up.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby GO THE PUNT » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:19 pm

Hey pick up the phone and make a call and ask or send an email to the sfl thats how you find things out.I will make it easy for you look at the 2008 programme it has all the sfl details on it.
They stuffed up div 1 to help the losers in div 2 did they. Well it was a direction they had to take as clubs started to leave div 2 eg kangas, meadows,m/park bit hard to attract players to a club in a 5 team comp playing in div2. I agree maybe the div 2 teams havn't progressed like they thought they may but thats what they need to try and fix. Help them out by setting up structures for them giving them assistance and guidence and getting behind them thats where I feel they have gone wrong.
You call div 2 losers well the club that won the flag this year came from div 2 if i'm correct and one of the powers in the league wouldn't be where they are now if they were not allowed to have a team in div 2 when they came into the comp.
All i'm saying get your senior structure right which will then attract kids which will hopefully improve clubs on the field. And thats what i believe efc are in the proccess of doing.
The decission makers at clubs are the ones on the commitees and they are voted in if you don't like it become one and have your say.I say townies come on board you are going to be great for the comp. We all should be happy that the comp has interest from saafl clubs isn't that the so called top competition? Well if teams want to jump ships that tells me that the sfl comp isn't that bad after all.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:58 am

GO THE PUNT wrote:Hey pick up the phone and make a call and ask or send an email to the sfl thats how you find things out.I will make it easy for you look at the 2008 programme it has all the sfl details on it.
They stuffed up div 1 to help the losers in div 2 did they. Well it was a direction they had to take as clubs started to leave div 2 eg kangas, meadows,m/park bit hard to attract players to a club in a 5 team comp playing in div2. I agree maybe the div 2 teams havn't progressed like they thought they may but thats what they need to try and fix. Help them out by setting up structures for them giving them assistance and guidence and getting behind them thats where I feel they have gone wrong.
You call div 2 losers well the club that won the flag this year came from div 2 if i'm correct and one of the powers in the league wouldn't be where they are now if they were not allowed to have a team in div 2 when they came into the comp.
All i'm saying get your senior structure right which will then attract kids which will hopefully improve clubs on the field. And thats what i believe efc are in the proccess of doing.
The decission makers at clubs are the ones on the commitees and they are voted in if you don't like it become one and have your say.I say townies come on board you are going to be great for the comp. We all should be happy that the comp has interest from saafl clubs isn't that the so called top competition? Well if teams want to jump ships that tells me that the sfl comp isn't that bad after all.

I believe M/vale, Cove, Reynella were all div 2 clubs at one point. Also, I wouldn't expect anyone to knock back Mclaren from entering the league, and Hackham were a successful division one club after beginning in div 2 before throwing it all away for various reasons.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Morphett Vale and Reynella's "Div Two" sides were their C-Grade units EV
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby BringBackDBush » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Yer the club that won the flag this year came from Div 2
And Happy Valley not too may years ago. They are both success stories from Div 2. In previous posts I've sang their praises even Hackhams.
But those days are over the bottom 6 of Div 1 need to go back to a Div 2 comp to help them grow because they ARE losers constant losers and this is the helping hand they need.
Div 1 8, Div 2 6 and a final 4 for both and if we're stuck with the townies make it an 8 7 comp.
PG 4 PM
BringBackDBush

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL