C GRADE 2009

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: C GRADE 2009

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue May 19, 2009 11:18 am

Cheese Twisties wrote:
wattle wrote:went to watch a replay of last years c grade gf today and i was very impressed with a really strong M/V outfit think they won by 39 goals.Klompy finally showed his new club just what he can do and why hes a saafl goal kicking legand,bagged a lazy 18 and looked like the klompy i no,not training so as we have said it was only a matter of time before he got some fittness up and started to show his worth.The big ruckman also cut them to piece with proberly 50 plus hitouts

Porties struggling for numbers by the looks of things, could only scrounge up 14 players for the grand final rematch. Yep Klompy sure had the kicking boots on and dobbed a lazy 18 goals (think he had 10 straight before he kicked a point) Brett Stevens good in the ruck, and Paul "Richo" Hayford good around the ground as well.

This game was also notable for the return to the playing field of player/coach Al Limpus! Only made a cameo appearance in the last quarter, tho im told he managed to sneak himself in to the best players...

unbeleivable!!!!! Klomp couldn't touch the footy 20 times for us and he kicks 18.2!!! and even if he did get 20 shots at goal he'd be lucky to kick 10!!!! obviously has been workin on his kicking since the end of last year!

well done Klomp, you'll have to tell him i'm upset at him wattle!!! and yes tell him we could do with him back at Catter land at the moment!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby wattle » Tue May 19, 2009 6:19 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Cheese Twisties wrote:
wattle wrote:went to watch a replay of last years c grade gf today and i was very impressed with a really strong M/V outfit think they won by 39 goals.Klompy finally showed his new club just what he can do and why hes a saafl goal kicking legand,bagged a lazy 18 and looked like the klompy i no,not training so as we have said it was only a matter of time before he got some fittness up and started to show his worth.The big ruckman also cut them to piece with proberly 50 plus hitouts

Porties struggling for numbers by the looks of things, could only scrounge up 14 players for the grand final rematch. Yep Klompy sure had the kicking boots on and dobbed a lazy 18 goals (think he had 10 straight before he kicked a point) Brett Stevens good in the ruck, and Paul "Richo" Hayford good around the ground as well.

This game was also notable for the return to the playing field of player/coach Al Limpus! Only made a cameo appearance in the last quarter, tho im told he managed to sneak himself in to the best players...

unbeleivable!!!!! Klomp couldn't touch the footy 20 times for us and he kicks 18.2!!! and even if he did get 20 shots at goal he'd be lucky to kick 10!!!! obviously has been workin on his kicking since the end of last year!

well done Klomp, you'll have to tell him i'm upset at him wattle!!! and yes tell him we could do with him back at Catter land at the moment!

Your a hard man to please NG after back to back flags and bags of 108 and 98 goals id say he was doing something right for you guys but your right he did have the kicking boot on but noing him doubt hes been working on his kicking he would have to train to do that :lol: :lol:
wattle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue May 19, 2009 6:23 pm

wattle wrote:
Your a hard man to please NG after back to back flags and bags of 108 and 98 goals id say he was doing something right for you guys but your right he did have the kicking boot on but noing him doubt hes been working on his kicking he would have to train to do that :lol: :lol:

yes wattle, just ask the Klompster how hard i am to please! if i hit him on the tit and he kicks a point i'm not very pleased, if it happens multiple times a game then i am less pleased and am more inclined to kick over his head! at the moment i lead our goal kicking because we don't really have the big target to kick to at FF which hurts. we need a few blokes to find some form or a clone of Mr Klomp. i miss him!!! ;)
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Off The Wall » Sun May 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Finally got on the site again, bloody errors. Watched the Port vs Morphies game too and was really disapointed. Feel sorry for all the lads that did show up. Only started with 14 players and i believe a couple key players injured in the first quarter didnt help.

Klompy did look the goods, quite accurate kicking first up. But it was the delivery into him all day that was excellent. Had a chat with the fella and he's a great bloke i must say.

As for today, Ports forfeited against Brighton (Who also only had 15 or 16 players). With that said, hate to say it but the side is lookin at folding. So guess i was wrong about being a threat again this year, alot of blokes just didnt commit again. So looks like the B grade will be bolstered a bit, a few might be looking for a kick at other C grade clubs ...
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 25, 2009 11:40 am

C grade comp is dying guys. Has to be played other than a Sunday or not at all. This theory about allowing players who can't play on a Saturday a game of footy just doesn't cut it anymore. I would argue that you have more players preferring to play Saturday then Sunday. No other mainstream sport gives you the option of playing Sunday. If you play Tennis, Cricket, Hockey, Soccer etc. its be available on Saturday or bad luck. Every club who has decent numbers of Under 18 players will have all of them in seniors in 2 years time (sure some drop off). Most senior sides seem to have heaps of youth so several of the clubs should continue to have enough players to field a 3rd senior side. If SAAFL clubs can have senior teams playing at different venues on a Saturday then surely our clubs can arrange it. The proposal put up by Brighton gave options as playing Friday night at venues such as Happy Valley and Marion, Saturday double headers at grounds not being used for A grade on that day and also having C grade play at same venue as A & B grade when there are gaps in the draw due to not having a full set of junior games on the day. The issue of trainers, goal and boundary, water boys etc. is an issue of course but thats generally no different with the C grade currently.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby asert » Mon May 25, 2009 3:14 pm

i agree dth c grade is dead besides the exception of emus. we are struggling to fill a side and struggling to get support staff to help on the day. it is unfortunate but id have to agree with the friday night game and just use the grounds with sufficent lights might make other clubs want to get a light upgrade and even hold some a grade night games. dth has brighton upgraded their lights yet was alot of talk a while back of you guys getting glenelgs lights when they upgraded
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Axle Rose » Mon May 25, 2009 3:51 pm

So if the divers pull out of the comp, we should just start finals this week. Brighton, MV, Cove, H Valley. Grand Final in june. Should give the winners plenty of time to celebrate!
Axle Rose
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Axle Rose wrote:So if the divers pull out of the comp, we should just start finals this week. Brighton, MV, Cove, H Valley. Grand Final in june. Should give the winners plenty of time to celebrate!

but then Klompy will miss out on his 100 goals again this year... kicked 98 last year...
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Speccy02 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:06 pm

asert wrote:i agree dth c grade is dead besides the exception of emus. we are struggling to fill a side and struggling to get support staff to help on the day. it is unfortunate but id have to agree with the friday night game and just use the grounds with sufficent lights might make other clubs want to get a light upgrade and even hold some a grade night games. dth has brighton upgraded their lights yet was alot of talk a while back of you guys getting glenelgs lights when they upgraded

Couldn't disagree anymore with you 2 clowns, C grade comp playing on Sunday is what works and will continue to work, clubs must work harder to make it happen, the thought of playing this comp on a saturday is farsical.
Speccy02
Rookie

Postby smithy » Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Speccy02 wrote:
asert wrote:i agree dth c grade is dead besides the exception of emus. we are struggling to fill a side and struggling to get support staff to help on the day. it is unfortunate but id have to agree with the friday night game and just use the grounds with sufficent lights might make other clubs want to get a light upgrade and even hold some a grade night games. dth has brighton upgraded their lights yet was alot of talk a while back of you guys getting glenelgs lights when they upgraded

Couldn't disagree anymore with you 2 clowns, C grade comp playing on Sunday is what works and will continue to work, clubs must work harder to make it happen, the thought of playing this comp on a saturday is farsical.

So they have a different opinion to you speccy02 and they are clowns ?
Clubs are struggling for numbers and support staff, so either C Grade is going to go downhill further or a change is needed which is what they are suggesting.

Doesn't make them clowns !
smithy

Postby Off The Wall » Wed May 27, 2009 2:36 pm

It definetely is something that needs to be looked at. Clubs are struggling to field sides, and the support staff arent there. If Porties didnt fold from numbers, then folding from lack of volunteers was next.

The Friday night or Saturday options look good. I admit playing C grade this year, the atmosphere just isnt the same anymore. Having the option to play on one of the nights would surely increase bar and canteen revenue, plus would be alot more enjoyable to play. All teams playing on the one day would be much better too. The club stays as a whole, and those players unfortunetely that dont make the b grade side wont feel as left out.
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Postby Axle Rose » Wed May 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Off The Wall wrote:It definetely is something that needs to be looked at. Clubs are struggling to field sides, and the support staff arent there. If Porties didnt fold from numbers, then folding from lack of volunteers was next.

The Friday night or Saturday options look good. I admit playing C grade this year, the atmosphere just isnt the same anymore. Having the option to play on one of the nights would surely increase bar and canteen revenue, plus would be alot more enjoyable to play. All teams playing on the one day would be much better too. The club stays as a whole, and those players unfortunetely that dont make the b grade side wont feel as left out.

OTW, have Porties definately pulled out? If so i wonder what the league will do with the draw.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Postby Off The Wall » Wed May 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Axle Rose wrote:
Off The Wall wrote:It definetely is something that needs to be looked at. Clubs are struggling to field sides, and the support staff arent there. If Porties didnt fold from numbers, then folding from lack of volunteers was next.

OTW, have Porties definately pulled out? If so i wonder what the league will do with the draw.

I dont know if it's official in terms of the league knowing and accepting it. Whether they force Porties to continue on or not is something i dont know. But from last Sundays talk at the game with all the players, the coach and players feel that we cant continue on. Sure we might get a full side to play this week (Against Christies), but come up against a challenging side or a miserable day, and the weak excuses will come out again.
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Postby Waterboy » Wed May 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Off The Wall wrote:
Axle Rose wrote:

I dont know if it's official in terms of the league knowing and accepting it. Whether they force Porties to continue on or not is something i dont know. But from last Sundays talk at the game with all the players, the coach and players feel that we cant continue on. Sure we might get a full side to play this week (Against Christies), but come up against a challenging side or a miserable day, and the weak excuses will come out again.

A new program was issued this afternoon. The teams that have played Port Noarlunga already have all been given 2 points for the bye.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Port Noarlunga should be surely able to get a side together for the Dinga Bell Cup this week. Or are they just going to hand over the trophy?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Axle Rose » Wed May 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Just read through the new program for the C Grade. Correct me if im wrong but it cant work. H Valley have not had their bye yet, so this weeks games should remain the same with Christies getting 2 pts for a forfeit against PT Noarl and HV getting their bye, thus keeping everyone on the same amount of games.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 am

Axle Rose wrote:Just read through the new program for the C Grade. Correct me if im wrong but it cant work. H Valley have not had their bye yet, so this weeks games should remain the same with Christies getting 2 pts for a forfeit against PT Noarl and HV getting their bye, thus keeping everyone on the same amount of games.

Now that wouldn't be right! Since when does sense come into SFL draws?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Off The Wall » Thu May 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Port Noarlunga should be surely able to get a side together for the Dinga Bell Cup this week. Or are they just going to hand over the trophy?

We probably could mate, but might aswell just pull the pin now, and let the players decide where else they'll play and whether they will or not
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Postby DILLIGAF » Thu May 28, 2009 5:30 pm

when can screech come get the dinga bell cup
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s