SFL COACHING MERRY-GO-ROUND

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: SFL COACHING MERRY-GO-ROUND

Postby damian » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 am

kookas wrote:which club is shayne Mitchell coaching at next year? I thought it was the Hawks

Shayne has been appointed coach of Encounter Bay.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:45 am

damian wrote:
kookas wrote:which club is shayne Mitchell coaching at next year? I thought it was the Hawks

Shayne has been appointed coach of Encounter Bay.

thanks for that damian, will be interesting to see how he goes down there next year.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby GO THE PUNT » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Hey mex am i correct in saying that you guys are struggling to find some quality applicants that are free to coach. Is this due to the late appointment of an A grade coach?
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Reader » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:39 am

GO THE PUNT wrote:Hey mex am i correct in saying that you guys are struggling to find some quality applicants that are free to coach. Is this due to the late appointment of an A grade coach?

News out of Morphett Vale regarding the B grade coaching job is the club has approached Brad Carpenter on many occasions trying to entice him to the position. Brad feels he still has more to offer as a player but by all reports the club has a different view on this and would rather he lead the B grade from the side lines.
Reader
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Titanic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Reader wrote:
GO THE PUNT wrote:Hey mex am i correct in saying that you guys are struggling to find some quality applicants that are free to coach. Is this due to the late appointment of an A grade coach?

News out of Morphett Vale regarding the B grade coaching job is the club has approached Brad Carpenter on many occasions trying to entice him to the position. Brad feels he still has more to offer as a player but by all reports the club has a different view on this and would rather he lead the B grade from the side lines.

Brad still has alot to offer as a player.Polled well in the Bs B/F was one of the top 4 till he got injured and did not play again.I know that Dale has alot of time for him as player and coach,reckons he could still play while he looks after himself and did a good job while Dale had 3 weeks off (Purple Patch !!!! )
Titanic
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby postman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Brad still has alot to offer as a player.Polled well in the Bs B/F was one of the top 4 till he got injured and did not play again.I know that Dale has alot of time for him as player and coach,reckons he could still play while he looks after himself and did a good job while Dale had 3 weeks off (Purple Patch !!!! )[/quote]

Sorry mate I disagree,Brad I feel is well past his best as a B grade footballer,all he will do now is take the place of one of the many good kids coming through but in saying that he is not the only one in M/Vales b grade who is past there best.At M/Vale B grade has to be a stepping stone for A graders only.
If your'e definition of "purple patch" is Dale cant handle his piss then I could'nt agree more.What a relief we at M/Vale do not have to listen to all Dale's sh#t anymore.
postman
Mini-League

Postby Chipper » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:51 pm

postman wrote:Brad still has alot to offer as a player.Polled well in the Bs B/F was one of the top 4 till he got injured and did not play again.I know that Dale has alot of time for him as player and coach,reckons he could still play while he looks after himself and did a good job while Dale had 3 weeks off (Purple Patch !!!! )

Sorry mate I disagree,Brad I feel is well past his best as a B grade footballer,all he will do now is take the place of one of the many good kids coming through but in saying that he is not the only one in M/Vales b grade who is past there best.At M/Vale B grade has to be a stepping stone for A graders only.
If your'e definition of "purple patch" is Dale cant handle his piss then I could'nt agree more.What a relief we at M/Vale do not have to listen to all Dale's sh#t anymore.[/quote]

Hey posty any other names or rough descriptions of the players past it, holding back the Juniors kids.
Sounds like your not a fan of the previous coach?
Chipper
Mini-League

Postby GO THE PUNT » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:53 am

Hey postman I agree Brad has been great for the 2's in the past but after playing against him years back and watching him now he is a c grader or should take up coaching. Mind you I don't think you would need to be much of a coach to guide m/v 2's they have had some quality players and a quality coach over the years that have installed a belief that filters on into the new juniors and keeps them at the top.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby fly » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:50 pm

GO THE PUNT wrote:Hey postman I agree Brad has been great for the 2's in the past but after playing against him years back and watching him now he is a c grader or should take up coaching. Mind you I don't think you would need to be much of a coach to guide m/v 2's they have had some quality players and a quality coach over the years that have installed a belief that filters on into the new juniors and keeps them at the top.

Mex would do a good job with the emu b's he seems very switched on and talks sense on here 99% of the time
fly
Under 16s

Postby the big bang » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:14 pm

maybe shrive should return to coach emu B grade?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL