Good Soccer Forums

The World Game

Good Soccer Forums

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

Anyone got any suggestions, Ive seen a few but my fav by miles is easily theworldgame.
Some of the banter that goes on in there is top notch, I'd recommend it to anyone especially those with an interest in the A-League.

http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum/
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Good Soccer Forums

Postby Dirko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:08 pm

Actually think the forum here is pretty good until someone starts taking the pi55 and putting threads up about
Joe Public & Ebusua Dwarfs. Don't forget to start one about Deportivo Wanka.....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:24 pm

SJABC wrote:Actually think the forum here is pretty good until someone starts taking the pi55 and putting threads up about
Joe Public & Ebusua Dwarfs. Don't forget to start one about Deportivo Wanka.....

I take offence at that and find it pretty rude, just because I follow different soccer around the world than you do.
I don't follow Peruvian soccer hence why I haven't started one about Wanka.
If someone else does I'll accept their tastes though as we're all different.
Already Ive garnered discussion from Quichey who has shown some interest in the Ghana comp.

Is there a rule that we can only follow or discuss certain leagues around the world then?
I find that extremely unfair and probably a tad racist which I certainly don't think we should promote on this site.
Are we only allowed to show interest in games from traditionally caucasian countries then? :?

Soccer is the world game, people should be more accepting of other countries and cultures.

I have no interest in some of the competitions discussed on this forum but I'm certainly not going to chastise people for not following the same competitions I do, that would be short sighted and ignorant.

PS I actually saw someone walking down Hindley St the other day with a Wanka strip on, true story! :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:32 pm

SJABC wrote:Actually think the forum here is pretty good until someone starts taking the pi55 and putting threads up about

I love a bit of humour on this site. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Booney wrote:

I love a bit of humour on this site. :lol:

You'd be a Wanka man wouldn't ya Booney?
Or are the Young Boys, Botswana Meat Commission, Man Machine, the Naughty Boys or Wankie FC more of your thing? ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dirko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:I find that extremely unfair and probably a tad racist which I certainly don't think we should promote on this site.

Racist ? Are you saying I'm racist ?
Dirko
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:43 pm

SJABC wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I find that extremely unfair and probably a tad racist which I certainly don't think we should promote on this site.

Racist ? Are you saying I'm racist ?

Well you seem to be down on someone showing interest in leagues from black countries but not predominately and/or traditionally white countries, I'm not saying your racist but it does open up that possibility hence the comment 'tad racist' not 'racist'. Could be just a coincidence and you might just be geographist and dislike certain parts of the world for no reason. I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume its something like that especially if it was just a one off mistake on your behalf. ;)

Are you a Wanka man?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Either you are racist or your not, like being pregnant, you cant be a "tad pregnant"..... ;)

:lol: :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Dirko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:Well you seem to be down on someone showing interest in leagues from black countries but not predominately and/or traditionally white countries, I'm not saying your racist but it does open up that possibility hence the comment 'tad racist' not 'racist'. Could be just a coincidence and you might just be geographist and dislike certain parts of the world for no reason. I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume its something like that especially if it was just a one off mistake on your behalf.

If you can correlate anywhere, where I am "down" on someone showing interest in Leagues from any country point it out. What I can't understand is someone starting 2 threads about minor leagues, in the Soccer forum, on the same day, when the same person hasn't started a thread in the Soccer room for just about a year....
Dirko
Coach

Postby Dirko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:Either you are racist or your not, like being pregnant, you cant be a "tad pregnant"..... ;)

:lol: :lol:

LOL @ Booney ! Yeah I've never heard someone being a tad pregnant either.....
Dirko
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:07 pm

SJABC wrote:If you can correlate anywhere, where I am "down" on someone showing interest in Leagues from any country point it out.

See the 2nd post on this very thread.

SJABC wrote:What I can't understand is someone starting 2 threads about minor leagues, in the Soccer forum, on the same day, when the same person hasn't started a thread in the Soccer room for just about a year....

So newcomers or peope that haven't frequented here recently aren't welcome to this forum? Wow, I wish I'd checked in on this forum earlier as that's certainly not the forum wide message I want to be delivered for the site!

On a personal level I'd like to welcome and invite fans of the world game for any competition around the world to post on our great site, the more and more multicultural we are, the merrier I say! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dirko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:
SJABC wrote:If you can correlate anywhere, where I am "down" on someone showing interest in Leagues from any country point it out.

See the 2nd post on this very thread.

SJABC wrote:What I can't understand is someone starting 2 threads about minor leagues, in the Soccer forum, on the same day, when the same person hasn't started a thread in the Soccer room for just about a year....

So newcomers or peope that haven't frequented here recently aren't welcome to this forum? Wow, I wish I'd checked in on this forum earlier as that's certainly not the forum wide message I want to be delivered for the site!

Like I said I'm not down on people talking about minor leagues, just find it quite ironic that the Soccer forum has been running for close to 5 years and as you've been a member since day 1, it's taken you until today to start talking about the Ghana & T & T leagues?

All this on a day in which you start a thread about good Soccer forums, in a Soccer forum on your site. Good promotion !!
Dirko
Coach

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 pm

Maybe Wedgie is a closet Wanka...

He does love the Cocks ;)
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:23 pm

SJABC wrote:Like I said I'm not down on people talking about minor leagues, just find it quite ironic that the Soccer forum has been running for close to 5 years and as you've been a member since day 1, it's taken you until today to start talking about the Ghana & T & T leagues?

All this on a day in which you start a thread about good Soccer forums, in a Soccer forum on your site. Good promotion !!

Perhaps you can give us a time frame of when we're allowed to post topics on things. I also didn't post anything about wrestling, IT, V8s, rock bands or Rugby League on the first day of this forum but noone has taken issue with those subject when I first did bring them up. I thought we could enter into or create new topics at any time and that's what I've always promoted here. If there's some unwritten rule that you can only post about a topic within a certain amount of days of joining the site please advise as I've missed that. I hope you're just trying to be funny as I wouldn't want my forum to be that cliquey that only traditionally campaigners in each forum feel the right to post about anything.
Cheers.

PS At least you've progressed from me "taking the pi55" to being "ironic", that's an improvement, I don't take as much offence at your updated thoughts. :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:Maybe Wedgie is a closet Wanka...

He does love the Cocks ;)

Already stated I've never followed Peruvian football ron so I can't be a Wanka. :)
How about yourself, there's no evidence to say you aren't a Wanka?

I don't love the Cocks either Ron. I used to but in my case I think I've just had too much Cock. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dirko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:32 pm

And as for the original question, despite people taking the pi55, I think this forum is great mainly due to the fantastic work of John the Claret.
Dirko
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:45 pm

SJABC wrote:And as for the original question, despite people taking the pi55, I think this forum is great mainly due to the fantastic work of John the Claret.

Must admit I don't come in here as often as you and I have missed anyone taing the pi55 but I do agree JTC does a fantastic job. Personally Im a bit more diverse and have an interest in many leagues around the world moreso than English soccer as that I find quite boring and would love to see more stuff up on here from all around the world in the world game so I thought of being proactive and starting a couple of topics myself only to be met with some derision by yourself. I hope others will be a bit more broad minded and accepting of thoses who follow the game in different parts of the world. I think we should be welcoming of discussion about comps from all around the world.

PS Why are we saying pi55 and not piss?

PPS With my original question I was more interested in what other forums people use as obviously Ive found this one, but I do apologise for not being clearer.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Swooper16 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Well done lads. Almost looked like Sepp Blatter was going to be needed to help with the reconciliation...

As for other leagues i am sure a Bundesliga thread will start shortly seeing as One HD are programming 1 game a week. Also caught a bit of their highlights show last night - some nice goals in there.

Just watching it i would be fascinated to know if they get bigger crowds per week then the Premier League....Germans looked as if they had some very BIG stadiums and it looked chockers in the games i saw.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Swooper16 wrote:Well done lads. Almost looked like Sepp Blatter was going to be needed to help with the reconciliation...

As for other leagues i am sure a Bundesliga thread will start shortly seeing as One HD are programming 1 game a week. Also caught a bit of their highlights show last night - some nice goals in there.

Just watching it i would be fascinated to know if they get bigger crowds per week then the Premier League....Germans looked as if they had some very BIG stadiums and it looked chockers in the games i saw.

Last time I looked they do better crowds and get the best average crowd to soccer games in the world.
The other 2 club competitions that were in the top 3 were the NFL in America and the AFL in Australia.
I cant remember if it was the Bunderslagia that was top or the NFL but the AFL came in 3rd which I found amazing!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby devilsadvocate » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:55 am

Brilliant football forum:

www.spurscommunity.co.uk

On the attendance issue, I'm sure the EPL could be up there if stadium capacity was similar to that in the US/Aus/Chermany.

Fulham have a tiny ground, as do Pompey, Blackburn, Wigan, Wet Spam, Spurs***, Birmingham, and even Chavski compared to the likes of the AFL and NFL.

On Spurs, there is a season ticket waiting list of 22,000. With the new ground being built, capacity will go from 36,000 to 59,000 and I'd be suprised if there is ever less than 50k at the new place for an EPL game.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer