Ebusua Dwarfs Season 2009/10

The World Game

Ebusua Dwarfs Season 2009/10

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:53 am

Just wondering how people think the Ebusua Dwarfs will go in the zonal national middle league for promotion?

I thought their 4-0 win over Starke at the Robert Mensah Stadium showed some great signs.

Tarkwa United still look the team to beat IMHO though.

It's all happening in the Ghana Football Association's zonal playoffs this year!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Ebusua Dwarfs Season 2009/10

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 am

Some information on the big game coming up! Can't wait!

Tarkwa Utd, Dwarfs complete list

The stage is set for the promotion league to kick off after the final day matches in Zone 2B were cleared over the weekend.

The zonal national middle league for promotion to the topflight begins August 16.

A total of twelve clubs would be involved the challenge for the three available places in the Glo Premier League next season after qualifying from their respective zones.

The promotion campaigners have been placed in three Groups of four each and will engage each other in the Group to determine the winners after three rounds of matches.

And after the last round of matches in Zone 2B, the 11th and 12th teams were determined as Ebusua Dwarfs joined Tarkwa United to qualify for the premiership qualifying campaign.

Dwarfs, former premiership campaigners came second in their ground after denying Starke FC the chance to earn the second qualifying place with a 4-0 over Starke at the Robert Mensah Stadium.

Tarkwa United were 3-1 winners over Windy Professionals at home to finish the league as the top team, one point better than Dwarfs.

Both Tarkwa United and Dwarfs will join Gold Stars and New Edubiase in Zone II when the qualifying campaign starts.

Three grounds in the Greater Accra region, the El-Wak Stadium, Ohene Djan Stadium and the Tema Park would used by clubs in Zone II.

The Baba Yara Stadium and Wesley College grounds both in the Ashanti region will host clubs in Zone I.

The Zone has Guan United, Universal Stars, Bechem United and Aduana Stars.

Clubs in Zone III would play their qualifying matches at the Robert Mensah Stadium in the Central region and the Western region’s Gyandu Park.

It has three former premiership clubs; Great Olympics, Okwahu United and Real Sportive together with Tudu Mighty Jets vying for promotion.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Q. » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 am

When does soccer season in Ghana finish? Will they still be playing early next year?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:43 am

Quichey wrote:When does soccer season in Ghana finish? Will they still be playing early next year?

It starts in November and runs through to July with playoffs obviously being around now.

I'm tipping the Hearts of Lions might go a couple of steps further than last season.
Hard to see another season like last though, the evenness of the comp was just about unprecedented I'd say!
I'm still amazed Heart of Oak still got up last year, Kotoko and to a lesser degree the Lions could have counted themselves as quite unlucky IMHO.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Q. » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:13 am

Nice, I will have to try and catch a game next year, if I am brave enough ;)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bully » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:22 pm

never heard of :roll:
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 am

Bulldog wrote:never heard of :roll:

You should spread your horizons a bit more mate!
At least you have heard of them now, isn't it grand learning about something new? :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby The Jack » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:20 am

I think yours is the authoritative opinion on the Ghana Football Association Wedgie! No need to use In My Humble Opinion! I'm sure you'll keep us up to date with all the goings on at this exciting time of the year in Ghana. I bet Michael Essien is all over it as well! I'd imagine it would be quite an exciting style of football being played with attack being the best form of defence?
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:35 am

The Jack wrote:I think yours is the authoritative opinion on the Ghana Football Association Wedgie! No need to use In My Humble Opinion! I'm sure you'll keep us up to date with all the goings on at this exciting time of the year in Ghana. I bet Michael Essien is all over it as well! I'd imagine it would be quite an exciting style of football being played with attack being the best form of defence?

Spot on with the attacking style of play, its a typical African comp and I really enjoy that style.
Ghana soccer has had a reputation in the past as being a bit corrupt but I'm hoping they're over that by now!
Ghana's been on a huge improvent spiral with their national team the Black Stars who had some good results at the last World Cup. It was a pretty good result being voted the 13th best team. That was 3 in front of Australia!
Been a long time between drinks as far as the African cup goes but they are the 2nd most successful country of all time.
I love the derivitives of their national teams name for the other national teams they have too, the Black Starlets, Black Satellites, Black Meteors, you'd think they played out of Cape Caneveral! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:Just wondering how people think the Ebusua Dwarfs will go in the zonal national middle league for promotion?

I thought their 4-0 win over Starke at the Robert Mensah Stadium showed some great signs.

It's all happening in the Ghana Football Association's zonal playoffs this year!

Wedgie you are taking the pisss? Are You :shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:10 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Just wondering how people think the Ebusua Dwarfs will go in the zonal national middle league for promotion?

You know me Shoeboy, I would never do that! :shock: ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 pm

shoe boy wrote:

When isn't he? 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7529 times
Been liked: 10836 times

Postby scoob » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:19 pm

I watch a product of Ghanian football every week at fulham - John Pantsil - he has become a bit of a cult figure at the cottage! He does a lap of honour after every home win clapping the crowd - they love it!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Dirko » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:20 pm

shoe boy wrote:Wedgie you are taking the pisss? Are You :shock:

Ohh boy :lol:
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times