Bore Draw's

The World Game

Bore Draw's

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm

I have just decided my biggest hate from non-football supporters is when they payout and use the 0-0 bore draw as a reason why soccer is such a shite sport.

I can handle people not liking football for whatever reason but that really urkes me. At least the game is close and has come down to the last second with either team being able to win it at any stage. Every kick of the game could change the result and be that moment the fans dream of.
How many other sports have games as close as football week in week out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Bore Draw's

Postby Dirko » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:55 pm

Did you go to United last night ?

I too don't mind a draw, hell unlike Cricket we don't have to wait 5 days for one, but, I hate a draw if the team you support plays like shit and doesn't even look like scoring.....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby smithy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:52 pm

People still watch Serie A ? :shock:
smithy

Postby devilsadvocate » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am

smithy wrote:People still watch Serie A ? :shock:

=)) =D> =D>

What a terrible comp that is.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bully » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:32 am

whufc wrote:I have just decided my biggest hate from non-football supporters is when they payout and use the 0-0 bore draw as a reason why soccer is such a shite sport.

I can handle people not liking football for whatever reason but that really urkes me. At least the game is close and has come down to the last second with either team being able to win it at any stage. Every kick of the game could change the result and be that moment the fans dream of.
How many other sports have games as close as football week in week out.

but i say to them, why kick 40 goasl, or why kick 20 goals when you only need to kick 1 to win, wheres the fun in the game when a side is thrashed by 100 points?
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby BALLHOG » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:01 am

The great thing with football is you are on the edge of your seat the entire time the score is nil all, and even if your team is 1 nil up your still not sure if they can hold on. I love my Aussie rules but the emotion isn't the same as football.
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby JK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:13 am

BALLHOG wrote:The great thing with football is you are on the edge of your seat the entire time the score is nil all, and even if your team is 1 nil up your still not sure if they can hold on. I love my Aussie rules but the emotion isn't the same as football.

You're right BH, and 1-nil is always an interesting scoreline, as it means the trailing team at some stage has to throw caution to the wind and it can open the game up a little.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pag » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 am

The A-League have done well this season with it. United v Queensland was only the 4th nil-all draw of the 76 games played so far this year. If casual fans want goals to get them through the gate, they can't really complain about 08-09.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer