UEFA Champions League Season 2009/2010

The World Game

Re: UEFA Champions League Season 2009/2010

Postby Il Duce » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Yeah I know, its the comments they dont like, which I find hard to believe the special ones comments are always gold. Btw if Rafa does go to Juve, he will actually do very well with them because his style is also suited to La liga and Serie A.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:47 am

Gooners battered Porto 5-0. No Fabregas, no worries apparently.

Bayern went through on away goals, with a 3-2 away loss after a 2-1 home win - 4-4 on aggregate. Fiorentina were unlucky IMO. From what I saw, they had the better of the play, but both goals scored by Bayern were first class. Robbern's was an absolute screamer of a goal.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning's Man U v AC Milan and the return of Becks.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby smithy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:07 am

Mickey Mouse tournament.

;)
smithy

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:45 pm

smithy wrote:Mickey Mouse tournament.

;)

I've been saying that for years! Glad you've seen the light now your lot has bigger fish to fry.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby BALLHOG » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Should be a great match tomorrow morning between Man U and Milan. Good news is that Rooney got through training and should line up which will be a massive boost.
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Postby BALLHOG » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:48 am

Man U up 3-0 with 20 minutes still to play. Rooney has scored another double with Park scoring the other. Thought it may have been much closer.
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Postby BALLHOG » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:07 am

4-0 with just injury time to play or as the opposition supporters say Fergi time.Goal to Fletcher that's just put the icing on the cake.
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Postby RoosterMarty » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks for coming Milan!

Real out in the second round for the 6th time in a row I think, after spending so much money they still can't get close to Champions League success. Great result for Lyon.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby BALLHOG » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:14 am

In the other game Lyon managed to get one back to tie at 1-1, watched the first half and Real should have been up two or three nil at the half. Good result for Lyon through to the final eight. Glad Man U don't have to worry about a run in with Real.
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Postby devilsadvocate » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 am

BALLHOG wrote:In the other game Lyon managed to get one back to tie at 1-1, watched the first half and Real should have been up two or three nil at the half. Good result for Lyon through to the final eight. Glad Man U don't have to worry about a run in with Real.

With Madrid's form in the UCL, I'd have though most sides would want to play them.

They're the last 16 chokers!!!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby BALLHOG » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
BALLHOG wrote:In the other game Lyon managed to get one back to tie at 1-1, watched the first half and Real should have been up two or three nil at the half. Good result for Lyon through to the final eight. Glad Man U don't have to worry about a run in with Real.

With Madrid's form in the UCL, I'd have though most sides would want to play them.

Yes in previous years but with all the money they have spent and doing well in the domestic cup, just thought that this may have been there year.
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 pm

BALLHOG wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:

Yes in previous years but with all the money they have spent and doing well in the domestic cup, just thought that this may have been there year.

i saw highlights madrid have a team full of individuals so many times they could of crossed to a player in better position in front of goal and they took a shot even ronaldos goal was like that. he got lucky with it going between the legs he had some to cross too in front of an open net. guti sumed it up well in saying they played liked individuals
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 am

Inter through over Chelski.

How's Mourinho. In all games he's managed at Stamford Bridge, he's only lost once. That's phenominal. What a stupid, ridiculous, idiodic decision to sack him.

It's great to see Chelski go out. They are such a class-less bunch of scummers. Why carry on like such girls, whinging at the refs and moaning and throwing the arms about. Chelski had their chances - PLENTY of chances and didn't take them. Only have themselves to blame.

It was poetic justice seeing Drogba get sent off. The number of times he's arched his back, thrown himself down and rolled around 5 times like he's on a 45 degree slope, this was magic seeing him on the receiving end - and he hated it. That's what is feels like Didier. Don't do it!! (LMAO at Motta though!! Was it really necessary to make that 8th roll?)

The planets are lining up for an Inter - Barca final. Here's hoping!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Inter through over Chelski.

How's Mourinho. In all games he's managed at Stamford Bridge, he's only lost once. That's phenominal. What a stupid, ridiculous, idiodic decision to sack him.

It's great to see Chelski go out. They are such a class-less bunch of scummers. Why carry on like such girls, whinging at the refs and moaning and throwing the arms about. Chelski had their chances - PLENTY of chances and didn't take them. Only have themselves to blame.

It was poetic justice seeing Drogba get sent off. The number of times he's arched his back, thrown himself down and rolled around 5 times like he's on a 45 degree slope, this was magic seeing him on the receiving end - and he hated it. That's what is feels like Didier. Don't do it!! (LMAO at Motta though!! Was it really necessary to make that 8th roll?)

Thats the only bit of your post I agree on.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:41 am

Il Duce wrote:

Thats the only bit of your post I agree on.

Yeah, sorry Duce, but the way Terry, Drogba etc carried on after the game AGAIN just irks me and makes it so damn hard to feel sorry for them.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 am

Belive Terry was complaining about stankavoic droping mikel behind play and nothing been done about it.

I havent seen any post game comments, once the game finished i went back to punching the wall.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:14 am

Il Duce wrote:Belive Terry was complaining about stankavoic droping mikel behind play and nothing been done about it.

I havent seen any post game comments, once the game finished i went back to punching the wall.

Don't worry mate, that's what I do after most Spurs games!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
Il Duce wrote:Belive Terry was complaining about stankavoic droping mikel behind play and nothing been done about it.

Don't worry mate, that's what I do after most Spurs games!

most :lol:
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:51 am

especially this season against your mob cossi!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby The Jack » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

=D> I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning after the game, especially with regards to Terry. Class and him should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Still one of my sporting highlights to this day is his slip while taking his penalty v Man U which would have won them the Champions League. Brings a smile to my face just thinking about it. :) I do however, have sympathy for Lampard, one of my favourite players.
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer