UCL 2008

The World Game

Re: UCL 2008

Postby smithy » Thu May 01, 2008 10:17 am

Very disappointing not to go through.
Drogba scored 2 goals and stayed on his feet most of the night.
As mentioned earlier, if Ballacks was a penalty so should've Liverpool as they were near enough the same, but I won't harp on about it as someone who watches 3 minutes of highlights might accuse me of bias.
Beside that I thought the ref did pretty well, much better than the clown in the 1st leg.
Although Cech should've done better, I thought Babels goal was a beauty and hopefully a sign of things to come when he's played as a striker.
Would've been nice to have a Liverpool / Man U final but not to be.
I can't help thinking about how stupid, clumsy and costly that own goal from Riise was after 94:15
In this day and age, with the wages these guys are on, it is UNACCEPTABLE for a player not to be able to use both feet and if he had a right foot he would've kicked the ball safely out the stadium and the final whistle would've been blown.
As a neutral, I'll be hoping the Mancs win, they play fine attacking football and maybe it might just make Sir Alex retire ???? then hopefully the mancs can slide back down to 4th each year :)
smithy

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 02, 2008 5:37 pm

EUFA CUP

the russian team - Zenit St Petersburg absolutely smashed Bayern Munich 4-0 to go through to the final, managed by Dick Advocaat who will go up against his old team Gers who got through on penalties against Fiorentina.

Gers played the defensive game - did a good job of holding fiorentina out - especially over 2 legs.

my mate watched it this morning, i rang him up, as soon as they had won he rand up for a sickie and is down the pub drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where does Walter Smith rate in terms of managers????

he's done a good job with that lot.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12007 times
Been liked: 3668 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat May 03, 2008 7:22 am

A few odd coincidences here.

Rangers will play a russian team in the final in Manchester, just as Manchester will play in the UCL final in Russia.

The last time Gers won the UEFA cup they beat Fiorentina in the semi finals.
The last time Gers won the UEFA cup they beat a Russian team in the final (Dynamo Moscow)

So the omens are good for Gers ???
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:30 pm

JTC- its only taken 36 yrs since the planets were aligned like that for Gers in europe.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12007 times
Been liked: 3668 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat May 03, 2008 2:39 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:JTC- its only taken 36 yrs since the planets were aligned like that for Gers in europe.

:lol:

It's about here I should say something about Mercury rising in Uranus :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer