Melbourne Victory 3 59 24 16 19 88
Central Coast 3 59 23 17 19 86
Newcastle Jets 3 59 23 17 19 86
Queensland Roar 3 59 22 18 19 84
Perth Glory 3 59 16 17 26 65
N Zealand Knights 2 42 6 7 29 25
Wellington Phoenix 1 17 4 5 8 17

sorry what was that wedgie? :D

Dude, no offence but showing how a club has won so many games without winning a Grand Final makes it look worse. :?
It's a bit like Power supporters trying to claim they were successful in 2007! :lol:
Actually the Power and Disunited have a lot in common, both got flogged by record amounts in their respective Grand Finals in 2007 and both are the respective jokes of their competitions whilst having a good battle amongst themselves as to who truly is the worse South Australian side in a national competition.
Despite my dislike of Port Power I must admit at least they've won a premiership in their competition so there's no doubting that Adelaide Disunited truly are the joke of South Australia.

Anyway, in soccer currently/recently there's only 3 tables worth looking at:

1) A League Championships: Sydney 1, Melbourne 1.

2) NSL Championships: Perth 2.

and this year's premiership table:

3) Central Coast Zebras Top.

The other sides are a complete waste of space.

I won't even go into if there was a table which had to do with "class" as we all know the result there. :?

Of course if we wanted to go back further historically in regard to soccer in this country then we could at least see there was one club that represented South Australia with pride (and didn't have supporters rioting or throwing things on the pitch) when the standard was even higher than it is now. Oh for those days. :oops:

Well were to start with that lot.

1. Grand Final in Football (soccer) is irelevant. The 'post season' is about one thing only .....$'s. I know the argument about who is the best team the 'minnor' premier or the grand final winner has been done to death here and elsewhere. Perhaps the fact that La Ligia/Bundusleague/Premier League & Serie A do not have a play off system to decide who the best team has been should hold some sway.

2. You say at least Power won a flag but AU are a joke. So the diference between some grudging respect (from you) or being branded a joke is the result of one match?

3. As for the club representing our state with pride I assume you mean Adelaide City. Great club. Many fantastic memories of great games at Hindmarsh. But I also remember being told I could no longer sit in the grandstand (havlng sat there every home game for several years) because the seats are now reserved. How do I reserve a seat I asked? You can't I'm told. Why not says I? Cause they have all already been reserved I'm told. By whom? The 1st option to reserve seats was given to 'families' close the the club, and they have taken up the option on all of them. **** the fact that you are a member/supporter you are not Ita)&%n and you can no longer sit here. The team was great. The games fantastic but the administration of the club was worse than a joke.

4. The 'standard' of the sanfl may not be what it once was (in relative terms) but I still love it!

5. Why all the angst about AU wedgie?
Peterxtc
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Penalties

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Peterxtc wrote:1. Grand Final in Football (soccer) is irelevant.

Rubbish, in this country its the only relevant thing.
You'll find that other countries that have a first past the post system have a cup of significance to make up for lack of playoffs which shows if a team/club has kahunas or not.

I could go back through the last 30 years of soccer in this country at the national level and tell you who won the championship but I'd only be guessing if I told you won minor premier confidently.
Using your philosophy Adelaide City never won anything of relevence. :roll:

Minor premiership means nothing, the only thing it does mean is that a club is A1 at choking if it can't win the only thing of importance from there, ie the championship.

Im sure if your theory was correct than the Victory would have got more to their game that decided the minor premier last season as opoosed to the Grand Final, Im sure they would have spent much more time celebrating the minor premiership than the real deal too. Yeah right. :?
I think you'll find that Melbourne got half of their average crowd to their minor premiership clincher (some 40,000 less than their Grand Final win) showing it has no value whatsoever.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3925 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer