Australian tour of India 2023

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 am

gazzamagoo wrote:I reckon Australia will now show some intestinal fortitude.
Starc & Green in will make a big difference,
Warner out is good for both the team & the public.
The sweep will be banned & we will get close in the third test & win the 4th one.

Then we'll retain the Ashes because the poms think they can just bazball us but it won't work.

I love and admire your optimism.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7941 times

by Armchair expert » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 am

Is Bancroft actually going? He is currently batting in the shield 57*
I will be back on September 27
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 1456 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

by mal » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:39 am

I love and admire Gazzaericbulldogmagoo's optimism.
However:
I predict Australia will not win a test match in February and March of this year.
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1164 times
Been liked: 922 times

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:40 am

Armchair expert wrote:Is Bancroft actually going? He is currently batting in the shield 57*

There's an uber waiting for him at the gate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by heater31 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:41 am

Armchair expert wrote:Is Bancroft actually going? He is currently batting in the shield 57*
Next Test is still 6 days away. Shield match is currently day 3.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1264 times

by Booney » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:56 am

Agar - Incumbent second spinner in Sydney, goes to India and dropped for first Test.

Muprhy - Uncapped, comes in ahead of Agar.

Kuhnemann - Uncapped, not on the tour, gets flown over and comes in ahead of Agar.

Agar gets sent home.

Head - Incumbent #5, in the best form of his career over the last 18 months, gets dropped for the first Test. Comes in for the second Test, looks ok in the first innings then replaces Warner at the top of the order and looks set to open for the rest of the series.

Handscomb - Hasn't played a Test since January 2019 (let alone on in Asia), is preferred over Head.

Warner - In horrendous form all summer, goes to India and gets injured, Head replaces him at the top of the order in the second innings.

Renshaw - Goes to India after playing the Sydney Test replacing Green. Has an awful first Test, gets dropped for Head, replaces Warner in the side and looks horrible again.

Hazlewood - Goes to India injured. Gets injured. Comes home.

Going ok?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

by Armchair expert » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:02 am

heater31 wrote:
Next Test is still 6 days away. Shield match is currently day 3.

Thought it might take a few days to acclimatise but I'm sure CA know better.
I will be back on September 27
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 1456 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:17 am

Booney wrote:Agar - Incumbent second spinner in Sydney, goes to India and dropped for first Test.

Kuhnemann - Uncapped, not on the tour, gets flown over and comes in ahead of Agar.

Agar gets sent home.

Head - Incumbent #5, in the best form of his career over the last 18 months, gets dropped for the first Test. Comes in for the second Test, looks ok in the first innings then replaces Warner at the top of the order and looks set to open for the rest of the series.

Handscomb - Hasn't played a Test since January 2019 (let alone on in Asia), is preferred over Head.

Warner - In horrendous form all summer, goes to India and gets injured, Head replaces him at the top of the order in the second innings.

Renshaw - Goes to India after playing the Sydney Test replacing Green. Has an awful first Test, gets dropped for Head, replaces Warner in the side and looks horrible again.

Going ok?

I'd take it that Handscomb was Green's replacement and Renshaw was selected ahead of Head.

We got spooked about the pitch vs left handed theory.

Players coming and going like a pot dealer in Davoren Park is a massive culture issue, wouldn't have happened in Langer's regimé and just shouldn't have happen at this level.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Trader » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:47 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Agar - Incumbent second spinner in Sydney, goes to India and dropped for first Test.

Agar gets sent home.

Going ok?

I'd take it that Handscomb was Green's replacement and Renshaw was selected ahead of Head.

We got spooked about the pitch vs left handed theory.

Players coming and going like a pot dealer in Davoren Park is a massive culture issue, wouldn't have happened in Langer's regimé and just shouldn't have happen at this level.

I took it that Renshaw was always next in (hence playing in Sydney), and therefore replaced Green.
Handscomb was then in when they selectors panicked over the pitch and dropped the left handed head.

Handscomb has been good, so selectors got that portion partially correct. Well, it at least looks like a good decision compared to a lot of their others.

Oh and Booney, don't forget they are now flying Sweepson back over there too, so Agar's moved from the 2nd spiner to 5th without playing a test.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

by amber_fluid » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:49 am

Hope Zampa has his bags packed coz we are running out of spinning options
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2527 times

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:59 am

Trader wrote:
I took it that Renshaw was always next in (hence playing in Sydney), and therefore replaced Green.
Handscomb was then in when they selectors panicked over the pitch and dropped the left handed head.

Handscomb has been good, so selectors got that portion partially correct. Well, it at least looks like a good decision compared to a lot of their others.

Oh and Booney, don't forget they are now flying Sweepson back over there too, so Agar's moved from the 2nd spiner to 5th without playing a test.

Yeah, that's what I was sort of saying but getting there in a different manner.

I didn't begrudge Handscomb's inclusion, however Renshaw retaining his spot at the expense of Head irked me greatly.

I did read that Agar's net bowling in India was crap and that's why they didn't have the confidence in playing him.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Hope Zampa has his bags packed coz we are running out of spinning options

Probably not such a dumb idea now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by PatowalongaPirate » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:01 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Hope Zampa has his bags packed coz we are running out of spinning options

Should have been there at the start.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 1221 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:51 pm

Now 82*

I'm yet to read or hear any media actually confirming he is actually going, the only I thing I read two days ago was that according to News Corp he 'could be' flown over as a injury replacement for Warner.

Where did anyone on here read or hear anything about him going?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10375 times
Been liked: 1526 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:56 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Now 82*

I'm yet to read or hear any media actually confirming he is actually going, the only I thing I read two days ago was that according to News Corp he 'could be' flown over as a injury replacement for Warner.

I read it on here and considered it as good as done then.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:56 pm

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/austral ... 2023-02-23

Aus ODI Squad- Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa
Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell and Jhye Richardson all set to make their international return from injury layoffs for an ODI tour of India after the Test series.

Allrounders Mitch Marsh and Glenn Maxwell have been named to make their international returns in an ODI series in India next month that will give Australia an early look at conditions for their World Cup campaign later this year.

Paceman Jhye Richardson will also make a long-awaited international return, while David Warner, Ashton Agar and Pat Cummins – who all this week returned to Australia from the Test tour – have also been named.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10375 times
Been liked: 1526 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:05 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:https://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-odi-squad-india-16-player-injury-return-glenn-maxwell-mitch-marsh-jhye-richardson-warner/2023-02-23

Aus ODI Squad- Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa
Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell and Jhye Richardson all set to make their international return from injury layoffs for an ODI tour of India after the Test series.

Allrounders Mitch Marsh and Glenn Maxwell have been named to make their international returns in an ODI series in India next month that will give Australia an early look at conditions for their World Cup campaign later this year.

Paceman Jhye Richardson will also make a long-awaited international return, while David Warner, Ashton Agar and Pat Cummins – who all this week returned to Australia from the Test tour – have also been named.

Give Davey a rest for crying out loud.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by gazzamagoo » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:I reckon Australia will now show some intestinal fortitude.
Starc & Green in will make a big difference,
Warner out is good for both the team & the public.
The sweep will be banned & we will get close in the third test & win the 4th one.

Then we'll retain the Ashes because the poms think they can just bazball us but it won't work.

I love and admire your optimism.

It's because I'm off to Port Vincent tomorrow for some more crabs. :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1671 times
Been liked: 652 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

by locky801 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:32 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Now 82*

moved onto `171* now
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3742 times
Been liked: 1178 times

by Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Give us a rest for crying out loud.

EFA
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 1076 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket