Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
RB wrote:[quote="amber_fluid"]Until the cheating Smith and Warner go I won’t be supporting Australian cricket.
How everyone just overlooks what they did is beyond me.
I'm not sure Smith was involved in any actual cheating.

At any rate, everyone agrees Warner's a dickhead.

He got a 12 month ban and did his time.

Even murderers don't get life.

Do you actually believe Smith wasn’t involved?

3 year ban would have been suffice

3 Years is bullshit and let's face it, you wouldn't have forgiven them even if they did get three. Smith's sin was that he wasn't involved enough. Not strong enough to say 'hang on Davey, that's wrong'. I reckon nearly the whole team knew about this and the coach. They shouldn't have done it but they've done their time. No different to Warney and his ban.

regards,

REB

Smith was the Captain.
The buck stops with him.[/quote]Smith was captain and I don't think he's a given to get it back either when a new skipper is required.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby RB » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:57 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Until the cheating Smith and Warner go I won’t be supporting Australian cricket.

What crap that is. No one overlooks it. They got a one year suspension which was pretty much imposed by the public reaction for something that the ICC would have given them a one match suspension for. Ball tampering has been going on for decades. Our blokes got caught and did the time. While they can never fully regain the trust and respect they once had I saw first hand what Smith in particular was up against and his performances in England was simply remarkable cricket. Too bad you couldn't enjoy it.

regards,

REB

Everyone else does it so that’s ok?

That's certainly not how I read REB's post.

I'm quite happy that the Australian cricket board took this way more seriously than the ICC or other national boards, e.g. the Poms after Mike Atherton was shown to have cheated.

I think a year was a harsh but just sanction.

But like I said, even murderers don't get life these days.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 pm

RB wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Until the cheating Smith and Warner go I won’t be supporting Australian cricket.

What crap that is. No one overlooks it. They got a one year suspension which was pretty much imposed by the public reaction for something that the ICC would have given them a one match suspension for. Ball tampering has been going on for decades. Our blokes got caught and did the time. While they can never fully regain the trust and respect they once had I saw first hand what Smith in particular was up against and his performances in England was simply remarkable cricket. Too bad you couldn't enjoy it.

regards,

REB

Everyone else does it so that’s ok?

That's certainly not how I read REB's post.

I'm quite happy that the Australian cricket board took this way more seriously than the ICC or other national boards, e.g. the Poms after Mike Atherton was shown to have cheated.

I think a year was a harsh but just sanction.

But like I said, even murderers don't get life these days.

If you want to stamp this crap out you need to go hard on people who are caught to deter others.
We all know others do it and by sanctioning the best player in the world goes along way to sending a strong message to other teams.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:40 pm

Apologies but not sure if this goes in Grade Cricket or this thread.

2nd X1 SA v Tas

SA 1st Innings all out 252 (Lehmann 130, C Kelly 53)
TAS 1st Innings all out 264 (Grant 3/45, Oakley 3/45, C Kelly 3/47)
SA 2nd Innings 6/365 stumps (T Kelly 102no, C Kelly 81no, Bosisto 79, Drew 69)
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:Apologies but not sure if this goes in Grade Cricket or this thread.

2nd X1 SA v Tas

Who’s C Kelly?
I see he made some runs and took some wickets.

Is he a youngster or a mature aged dude still hanging on to hope?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:Apologies but not sure if this goes in Grade Cricket or this thread.

2nd X1 SA v Tas

Who’s C Kelly?

They're twins - I think 19/20 years old.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

2nd X1 SA v Tas

Who’s C Kelly?

They're twins - I think 19/20 years old.

Promising futures for both of them.
Hopefully 1st team honours aren’t far away for them.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:32 pm

2nd X1 SA v Tas

Day 4 Tasmania all out 260 (Medew-Ewen 6/95, S Kerber 2/15)
Wow - SA won a game of cricket!!
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Pat Cummins will skipper the NSW one day team when the Marsh One Day Cup resumes.
James Pattinson and Marcus Harris will play for Victoria in their upcoming Shield match against NSW (aswell as their one day cup match prior to the shield match) while Will Pucovski is in doubt due his his current shoulder injury.

NSW Blues Marsh One-Day Cup squad: Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Oliver Davies, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Liam Hatcher, Matthew Gilkes, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nathan Lyon, Kurtis Patterson, Steve Smith   NSW Blues
Marsh Sheffield Shield squad: Peter Nevill (c), Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Trent Copeland, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nick Larkin, Nathan Lyon, Kurtis Patterson, Steve Smith, Daniel Solway, Mitch Starc

Victoria's Marsh One-Day Cup squad: Peter Handscomb (c), Xavier Crone, Zak Evans, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Sam Harper, Marcus Harris, Mackenzie Harvey, Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, James Pattinson, Matt Short, Will Sutherland
Victoria's Marsh Sheffield Shield squad: Peter Handscomb (c), Scott Boland, Seb Gotch, Marcus Harris, Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, Wil Parker, James Pattinson, Mitch Perry, Will Pucovski, Matt Short, Will Sutherland
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:46 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Pat Cummins will skipper the NSW one day team when the Marsh One Day Cup resumes.
James Pattinson and Marcus Harris will play for Victoria in their upcoming Shield match against NSW (aswell as their one day cup match prior to the shield match) while Will Pucovski is in doubt due his his current shoulder injury.

NSW Blues Marsh One-Day Cup squad: Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Oliver Davies, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Liam Hatcher, Matthew Gilkes, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nathan Lyon, Kurtis Patterson, Steve Smith   NSW Blues
Marsh Sheffield Shield squad: Peter Nevill (c), Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Trent Copeland, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nick Larkin, Nathan Lyon, Kurtis Patterson, Steve Smith, Daniel Solway, Mitch Starc

Victoria's Marsh One-Day Cup squad: Peter Handscomb (c), Xavier Crone, Zak Evans, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Sam Harper, Marcus Harris, Mackenzie Harvey, Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, James Pattinson, Matt Short, Will Sutherland
Victoria's Marsh Sheffield Shield squad: Peter Handscomb (c), Scott Boland, Seb Gotch, Marcus Harris, Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, Wil Parker, James Pattinson, Mitch Perry, Will Pucovski, Matt Short, Will Sutherland

If thats not a sign Cummins will be the next Australina captain i dont know what is
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:01 am

daysofourlives wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Pat Cummins will skipper the NSW one day team when the Marsh One Day Cup resumes.

If thats not a sign Cummins will be the next Australina captain i dont know what is

It's only the NSW ODD side, the man with two first names still has their main job, I'd rather Cummins just concentrate on bowling.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

It's only the NSW ODD side, the man with two first names still has their main job, I'd rather Cummins just concentrate on bowling.

Me too but they are gong to be left with no choice unless they get Carey into the Test side now at no6
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:50 am

daysofourlives wrote:Me too but they are gong to be left with no choice unless they get Carey into the Test side now at no6

As much as I don't want to agree with you I think you are right.

We have no one waiting in the wings, we pinned our hopes on Head for too long and then discarded him at a silly time (although he deserved to be dropped).

Head really needs a stellar Ashes series, we're really staring down the barrel once we bottom out with our aging list and little coming through.

We need to invest some games into young Kurtis along with Jhye as we struggle for depth.

I didn't realize Marnus was so young though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:45 pm

Another century for Steve Smith, for NSW against Victoria which is on at the moment at the North Sydney Oval.
NSW are 6/268 from 46 overs.
Smith 104 from 117
Oliver Davies made 57 from 41 on debut and Pat Cummins is 30* from 22
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 pm

NSW won by 59 runs
NSW 9/318
Smith 127 (124), his third ODD hundred.
Cummins 49 (30)

Victoria 259
Short 67 (67)
Pattinson 54 (36)
Cummins 3/38

The Sheffield Shield resumes on Wednesday-
NSW host Victoria at the SCG and Tasmania play Queensland in Hobart.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:30 am

Smith, Starc, Lyon, Hazlewood, Harris, Pattinson, Paine and Labuschagne all playing in today's shield matches
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:23 pm

The CA website has video package of Mitch Perry bowling to Steve Smith. Just shows how weird Smith is with his leaving the ball, looks like he is absolutely taking the mickey out of the bowler, but has gone to another level, it really is pathetic and annoying!!

Young Perry had the last laugh though dismissing him cheaply. Watch Marnus copy and go even more exaggerating in Hobart now :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:28 pm

Smith looks like a right f*ckwit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:34 pm

And what happened to just walking off holding the bat handle? Why hold the blade? Makes you look like a 7 year old who is about to throw your gloves at your kit. More and more little disrespectful mannerisms are creeping into our top level cricket all the time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 pm

Booney wrote:And what happened to just walking off holding the bat handle? Why hold the blade? Makes you look like a 7 year old who is about to throw your gloves at your kit. More and more little disrespectful mannerisms are creeping into our top level cricket all the time.

Agreed - hold you bat properly when you walk off. He looks like an absolute d...head doing that and now heaps of players are copying it. Looks crap.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket