The Ashes 2019

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 pm

helicopterking wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:https://www.cricket.com.au/news/tim-paine-injury-ashes-broken-thumb-australia-captain-england-bbl-hobart-hurricanes/2019-09-18

Tim Paine broke his thumb (hasn't specified what side) during the fifth test and Peter Siddle also injured a hip flexor bowling on the first morning.

Siddle withdrawn from the BBL to concentrate on red ball cricket, cheers.

Honestly, if all of our bowlers are fit, is he in the best 4 or 5 on Aussie decks?

Not in my top 4 or 5 on Australian decks. If he is though then we are going to be an average side for a while.

Starc, Pattinson, Hazelwood, Cummins, J.Richardson.
Siddle concentrating on Getting into the Victorian side maybe?

Looking forward to seeing Jhye Richardson back, he's set to play in the Marsh cup.
And for Siddle to play one of Tremain, Boland, Pattinson or Holland will miss out or they play 5 bowlers again like they did alot last season.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Looking forward to seeing Jhye Richardson back, he's set to play in the Marsh cup.
And for Siddle to play one of Tremain, Boland, Pattinson or Holland will miss out or they play 5 bowlers again like they did alot last season.

I can't believe that Tremain gets wickets, I'd carve him up and I'm old and past it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Looking forward to seeing Jhye Richardson back, he's set to play in the Marsh cup.

I can't believe that Tremain gets wickets, I'd carve him up and I'm old and past it.

We always have that perception of some bowlers we see don't we (I thought similar about Scott Boland) but 45, 51, 42 and 36 wickets in his last four seasons respectively shows he's a very good SS bowler.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mechmate » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:45 pm

I bet Ponting got in his ear. I wouldn't have him anywhere near tactical decisions like that. He has a history of poor decisions and underestimating the opponent.
mechmate
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby mechmate » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Has Tim Paine explained why he sent England in? Very poor decision.

I bet Ponting got in his ear. I wouldn't have him anywhere near tactical decisions like that. He has a history of poor decisions and underestimating the opponent.
mechmate
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket