The Ashes 2017/2018

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Looks like he might be in more trouble :

Reportedly mocking a disabled teen.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/a/3 ... vey-price/
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:57 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Gozu wrote:
heater31 wrote:Massive twist in the Ben Stokes saga.......reports out of the UK today he was threatened by the two blokes, one armed with a bottle after he witnessed homophobic slurs against two other unidentified males.

There are no excuses for that behaviour. I saw this footage of him bashing these young guys before knowing it was a cricketer and was thinking scum like that need to be removed from the streets. He should be in jail for that but no doubt they will find a way to keep him out because he's good at cricket.

Of course he was provoked i don't think there was any doubt in that but i'm sure all of these elite sportsmen get provoked and the majority of them don't go whacking the blokes that provoked them. He has to learn to handle those situations better or maybe just be careful where and when you go out. Stokes comes across as an incredibly loyal individual and if you upset his mates hes going to have there back which is a fantastic trait but you can do that without hitting dudes. I hope he comes to Australia because he is fantastic to watch and will make the series closer but maybe he should be suspended so he can learn a lesson.

Watch that footage again not thinking it's a guy that's good at cricket but some drugged up lunatic bashing some clearly scared and out matched young guys. That's how I saw it and idiots like that have got no business being on the streets. The guy clearly has serious anger management issues and deserves a spell inside.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Gozu wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
Gozu wrote:
heater31 wrote:Massive twist in the Ben Stokes saga.......reports out of the UK today he was threatened by the two blokes, one armed with a bottle after he witnessed homophobic slurs against two other unidentified males.

There are no excuses for that behaviour. I saw this footage of him bashing these young guys before knowing it was a cricketer and was thinking scum like that need to be removed from the streets. He should be in jail for that but no doubt they will find a way to keep him out because he's good at cricket.

Of course he was provoked i don't think there was any doubt in that but i'm sure all of these elite sportsmen get provoked and the majority of them don't go whacking the blokes that provoked them. He has to learn to handle those situations better or maybe just be careful where and when you go out. Stokes comes across as an incredibly loyal individual and if you upset his mates hes going to have there back which is a fantastic trait but you can do that without hitting dudes. I hope he comes to Australia because he is fantastic to watch and will make the series closer but maybe he should be suspended so he can learn a lesson.

Watch that footage again not thinking it's a guy that's good at cricket but some drugged up lunatic bashing some clearly scared and out matched young guys. That's how I saw it and idiots like that have got no business being on the streets. The guy clearly has serious anger management issues and deserves a spell inside.

Yeah fair call mate. I'm not condoning the act but i'm sure those scared young guys were much braver when they had a bottle in there hand ready to go him and his friends. He should never have resorted to violence and he certainly has some serious anger issues but I don't feel particularly sorry for those young blokes if the stories true.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:39 pm

As the news about Ben Stokes came out early this week ironically this video popped up in my recommended videos on YouTube on Wednesday afternoon.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Pattinson out for the Australian summer, he can't catch a break.
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/james-pa ... /2017-10-0

Australia have been dealt a major blow 50 days out from the Magellan Ashes with fast bowler James Pattinson ruled out of the Test series against England.

Pattinson will take an indefinite break from cricket after re-aggravating a lower back stress fracture that ruled him out of Australia’s recent tour to Bangladesh.

"Obviously I am extremely disappointed with this setback after just getting back into a good run of playing cricket," Pattinson said.

"I'm especially disappointed to miss out on the possibility to play in a home Ashes series.

"Over the next few weeks I will discuss all available options available to me with medical staff, to work out the best plan to prevent this from happening again."

Pattinson hasn't played since July 1 when he represented Nottinghamshire in the final of England's one-day tournament against Surrey at Lord's.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:33 am

batmanbegins wrote:

Wow, do you believe that?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:33 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Pattinson out for the Australian summer, he can't catch a break.

Australia have been dealt a major blow 50 days out from the Magellan Ashes with fast bowler James Pattinson ruled out of the Test series against England.

Pattinson will take an indefinite break from cricket after re-aggravating a lower back stress fracture that ruled him out of Australia’s recent tour to Bangladesh.

"Obviously I am extremely disappointed with this setback after just getting back into a good run of playing cricket," Pattinson said.

"I'm especially disappointed to miss out on the possibility to play in a home Ashes series.

"Over the next few weeks I will discuss all available options available to me with medical staff, to work out the best plan to prevent this from happening again."

Pattinson hasn't played since July 1 when he represented Nottinghamshire in the final of England's one-day tournament against Surrey at Lord's.

I didn't realise that he still plays.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Pattinson out for the Australian summer, he can't catch a break.

I didn't realise that he still plays.
Lol, he is pretty much done now. Put a fork him in him unfortunately.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Ben Stokes will not travel to Australia with the England squad.

He might join the tour later if cleared by police.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stampy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 pm

'ullo you c*** :shock:
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:42 am

Just over a month from the first Ashes Test and our national team are just arriving home from a hit and giggle in India.

Why do CA insist on these bullshit tours right before the biggest trophy we play for?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Jack » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 am

Booney wrote:Just over a month from the first Ashes Test and our national team are just arriving home from a hit and giggle in India.

Why do CA insist on these bullshit tours right before the biggest trophy we play for?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Jack
Rookie

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: The Ashes 2016/2017

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:16 am

Corona Man wrote:A retrospective series?

2017/18 I believe.

They will belt us.

We will belt them. Look at their batting lineup.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 am

The Bedge wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
He will be sacked. Ashes are now ours for the taking.

I betcha he'll be here, surely they've seen the footage and have still named him.

You would hope the ECB will now make a statement as the footage has emerged. He could be heading to prison.

I read this morning ECB are reviewing their decision, however Strauss did come out and say he will be picked based on his cricket, not on his out of hours activities.

Of course he will be. England are shit. Worse than us. Who loses Test matches to the West Indies on their own turf?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby westozfalcon » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:10 am

I'm very surprised that fast bowler Mark Wood isn't in the England squad . I know he's had injury problems but he's tall, quick, confident and troubled the Aussies a fair bit in 2015. If he's fit, he should be out here.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:30 am

westozfalcon wrote:I'm very surprised that fast bowler Mark Wood isn't in the England squad . I know he's had injury problems but he's tall, quick, confident and troubled the Aussies a fair bit in 2015. If he's fit, he should be out here.
From what I've read he has been battling an ongoing heel injury so was not considered for selection.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby the joker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Booney wrote:Just over a month from the first Ashes Test and our national team are just arriving home from a hit and giggle in India.

three shield games isn’t enough ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby the joker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:16 pm

three shield games isn’t enough ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: The Ashes 2016/2017

Postby shoe boy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:A retrospective series?

2017/18 I believe.

They will belt us.

We will belt them. Look at their batting lineup.

regards,

REB

I love my cricket BUT this current squad must be one of the most disappointing I have seen in a long time .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:24 am

For England they really need Stokes playing. Would be hard to select him though after seeing the footage.

Looking at the bowlers they are sending over it seems like the likely duo of Anderson and Broad to carry the attack with probably Woakes getting a gig straight away. Thats not a bad set of quicks and really if Stokes was available then they would have something to work with. But likely they will need to go with Woakes. Which is not bad as he averages around 30 at test level with the ball.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket