Aus v Sri Lanka ODI

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Sri Lanka ODI

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:37 pm

SL all out for 195
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:13 am

heater31 wrote:about time we got a dodgy DRS go our way......

Trav gets Perera LBW after the batsman reviewed. No conclusive proof that he hit it.....

9/184 after 38

That would have to be the worst decision by the TV umpire in the history of DRS. Beggars belief they could faaark it up that badly
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:06 am

Australia win by 5 wickets to win the series 4-1

Aus 5/199, Warner 106 (126), Bailey 43 (73).
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:09 am

unfortunate for Trav that he didn't cash in on this series. Hopefully he gets another gig on home soil this summer
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:30 am

Coach Bombay wrote:unfortunate for Trav that he didn't cash in on this series. Hopefully he gets another gig on home soil this summer

Hasn't cashed in but I don't think he's been the worst performer - generally contributed in most games either with bat or ball.

140 runs @ 26 isn't great reading - but he didn't really get much time in the middle.

Take Warner's 100 out from last night and his series was horrid with the bat, Wade not much better, and Smith wasn't setting the world alight before he left.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:55 am

Sri Lanka is notoriously tough conditions for batting. Solid contribution I think and he will be better for the experience.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Trav gets Perera LBW after the batsman reviewed. No conclusive proof that he hit it.....

9/184 after 38

That would have to be the worst decision by the TV umpire in the history of DRS. Beggars belief they could faaark it up that badly

Worst ???? You obviously havent watched much cricket then.
Agree that with the technology they had available, and the fact that the batsman reviewed it so quickly , one could sense that there was probably an edge BUT as Heater said, there was no CONCLUSIVE proof for the decision to be overturned so it correctly stayed with the on field umpire.

I think people can be influenced as to what they think they see in a replay based on players reactions and their own biased desires.
If one was to view that replay with no knowledge of the circumstances leading up to it and were asked whether it hit the bat or not, i dont think anyone would be prepared to put their house on it that it did.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:06 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

9/184 after 38

Worst ???? You obviously havent watched much cricket then.
Agree that with the technology they had available, and the fact that the batsman reviewed it so quickly , one could sense that there was probably an edge BUT as Heater said, there was no CONCLUSIVE proof for the decision to be overturned so it correctly stayed with the on field umpire.

I think people can be influenced as to what they think they see in a replay based on players reactions and their own biased desires.
If one was to view that replay with no knowledge of the circumstances leading up to it and were asked whether it hit the bat or not, i dont think anyone would be prepared to put their house on it that it did.

There was a massive deviation from the inside edge on the replay i saw. I wasnt watching the coverage at the time so wasnt influenced by that
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket