Aus V India T20 series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus V India T20 series

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:19 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby robranisgod » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
Behrendorff has been diagnosed with stress fractures in his back again.
Wouldn't hurt to find some bowlers who swing the ball. That's why we failed to get through their top order. Raw speed plays very little part in T20 cricket, especially when you are such flat decks, it just makes batting easier as it hits the bat harder.

I was just having a similar discussion over the weekend as a mate and I discussed Dennis Lillee.

30 years ago, you had a sore back and went back to your mark, today you have stress fractures and miss 6 months.

Broken finger lay offs get me though, come on!

Dennis Lillee missed the entire 1973-74 season with stress fractures of the back.

Bomber Hammond was never able to bowl quickly again after suffering a back injury in that same season.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby hawks21 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else not care either about T20 results? I watch it as a bit of fun and it’s great for families and kids to get involved in cricket etc.

I also think Cricket Australia share the same point of view. You wouldn't rest half your squad and send them off early to prepare for the NZ ODI’s if you genuinely wanted to win at all costs! Even Trav might not have been picked in front of Usman (Great he did for the experience).

The T20 world cup squad won’t feature 3 quarters of the players that played last night!

wouldn't mind seeing the Aussies send an under 23 team and give the kids international exposure!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:26 pm

hawks21 wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else not care either about T20 results? I watch it as a bit of fun and it’s great for families and kids to get involved in cricket etc.

I also think Cricket Australia share the same point of view. You wouldn't rest half your squad and send them off early to prepare for the NZ ODI’s if you genuinely wanted to win at all costs! Even Trav might not have been picked in front of Usman (Great he did for the experience).

The T20 world cup squad won’t feature 3 quarters of the players that played last night!

wouldn't mind seeing the Aussies send an under 23 team and give the kids international exposure!

I cared more about the strikers win than the aussies - probably because you do get the feeling that they dont really care.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Sharksta » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:40 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
Behrendorff has been diagnosed with stress fractures in his back again.
Wouldn't hurt to find some bowlers who swing the ball. That's why we failed to get through their top order. Raw speed plays very little part in T20 cricket, especially when you are such flat decks, it just makes batting easier as it hits the bat harder.

I was just having a similar discussion over the weekend as a mate and I discussed Dennis Lillee.

30 years ago, you had a sore back and went back to your mark, today you have stress fractures and miss 6 months.

Broken finger lay offs get me though, come on!

Dennis Lillee missed the entire 1973-74 season with stress fractures of the back.

Bomber Hammond was never able to bowl quickly again after suffering a back injury in that same season.

I had the same injury whilst playing. Basically there is little that can be done aside from rest & building core strength whilst waiting for the hot spots to disappear. If the mechanics of your action aren't right then once you start bowling again it can easily reaggravated & you start all over again. An incredibly frustrating injury because it seems like really slow progress
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Tait was less expensive than Tye and a smidgen more than Boland.

The problem is the difference between Tait's best and worst bowling is light-years apart. There have been plenty worse though that have represented our country and bowling in a T20 wouldn't be the most flattering job, especially against India.

Tye bowled one bad over. Tait bowled four.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:13 am

westozfalcon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Tait was less expensive than Tye and a smidgen more than Boland.

The problem is the difference between Tait's best and worst bowling is light-years apart. There have been plenty worse though that have represented our country and bowling in a T20 wouldn't be the most flattering job, especially against India.

Tye bowled one bad over. Tait bowled four.

, Tye was still going at 10 an over before the final over, Tait's first two were crap but he bounced back, regardless, there's no fairytales when it comes to representing your country, he shouldn't have been gifted a spot. he has an X factor about him but against arguably the best in the world it wasn't worth the risk.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket