T20 World Cup

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: T20 World Cup

Postby Grahaml » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:30 pm

whufc wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Geez the Indians are just plain cheats with no sportsmanship at all. If you get the chance have a look at Yuvraj Singh's dismissal and tell me why he didnt just walk off the ground. Regulation c&b but we had to go upstairs for the verdict

Different strokes for different folks. I notice Virat Kholi walked when he edged one to the keeper, so you can't label them all cheats because one guy stands his ground. Bit of pressure on India now.

I'm far from a Yuvraj fan, but I've no problem with a batsman waiting for the umpire's decision. Even if he got clean bowled, I got no issue with him waiting for the finger. Only when it comes to things like handled ball and obstructing the field do I think a batsman should be expected to walk.

When would a batsmen ever concede he obstructed the fielder and that it wasn't the fielder who interfered with him.

Plenty of times. Inzamam defending the ball so he didn't get run out is a pretty famous one. Had one in a game I was playing in that was similar. Game in the balance, huge mix up with both batsmen in the middle of the pitch. The tail ender takes off for the "danger" end to protect the batsman who was on 90 or so, so we threw to the other end. Tail ender sticks his bat up over his head and blocks it. Heard one of our guys (I wasn't playing that game) popped a ball up to cover, ran towards the fielder yelling "drop it". He'd run so far away that even after the ball was dropped, the fielder still had time to throw to the bowler and run him out. Our umpire though made darn sure it was put down as obstructing the field. I reckon all of those should be cases where the batsman realises he's stuffed up and should walk off regardless.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:03 am

Grahaml wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Geez the Indians are just plain cheats with no sportsmanship at all. If you get the chance have a look at Yuvraj Singh's dismissal and tell me why he didnt just walk off the ground. Regulation c&b but we had to go upstairs for the verdict

Different strokes for different folks. I notice Virat Kholi walked when he edged one to the keeper, so you can't label them all cheats because one guy stands his ground. Bit of pressure on India now.

I'm far from a Yuvraj fan, but I've no problem with a batsman waiting for the umpire's decision. Even if he got clean bowled, I got no issue with him waiting for the finger. Only when it comes to things like handled ball and obstructing the field do I think a batsman should be expected to walk.

WTF is the point in hanging around when it is obviously out and he wouldve known he was out
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:20 am

Grahaml wrote:

You'd wait to be fired after being bowled but you'd walk for obstructing the field?

I would've thought that rule was up to the umpires discretion.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7935 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:

You'd wait to be fired after being bowled but you'd walk for obstructing the field?

I would've thought that rule was up to the umpires discretion.

No and that's not what I said. I wouldn't get upset if a batsman stood there. I'd laugh at him and think he was being stupid. But if a guy does something like handle the ball or obstruct the field and sticks around then I'd say he was trying to get away with something.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Grahaml wrote:
No and that's not what I said. I wouldn't get upset if a batsman stood there. I'd laugh at him and think he was being stupid. But if a guy does something like handle the ball or obstruct the field and sticks around then I'd say he was trying to get away with something.

Have you ever been involved with a game where obstructing the field has come into play? I did once against Virginia, the dude shouted out just as he ran past the bowler trying to catch a ball he skied.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7935 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:

Have you ever been involved with a game where obstructing the field has come into play? I did once against Virginia, the dude shouted out just as he ran past the bowler trying to catch a ball he skied.

Read up a few comments.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:05 pm

Been looking forward to tonights game all day. We have a pretty strong team on paper but I still think New Zealand will win.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10354 times
Been liked: 1522 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:08 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Been looking forward to tonights game all day. We have a pretty strong team on paper but I still think New Zealand will win.

Me too more excited than I should be really. Why is Watto opening the bowling with NCN?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Agar goes for six first ball
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Gozu wrote:Agar goes for six first ball

and second ball.
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Gozu wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Been looking forward to tonights game all day. We have a pretty strong team on paper but I still think New Zealand will win.

Me too more excited than I should be really. Why is Watto opening the bowling with NCN?

Its a good option. If there's any swing around Watson will find it more than Faulkner and Marsh plus he usually bowls a line and length that is suited to new ball bowling.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Gozu wrote:
Gozu wrote:Agar goes for six first ball

and second ball.

Those deliveries got exactly what they deserved.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Agar, great selection :oops: :oops: :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3715 times
Been liked: 1173 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:09 pm

After a good start from NZ the Aussies have managed to peg them back in the middle overs.

Ross Taylor just dimissed making NZ 5/117 from 16.4 overs
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:26 pm

NZ 8/142 from their 20 overs. Good bowling performance from Australia.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:35 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:NZ 8/142 from their 20 overs. Good bowling performance from Australia.

Considering they got 18 off 1 over, it's a real good effort.
Unless you have a real good quick or real good spinner, the first 5 overs will be vital why the ball is hard and is easier to score.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Poor innings by Smith
Gozu
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Gozu wrote:Poor innings by Smith

Can't use your feet every ball in these conditions. Must be able to sweep.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby stampy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:15 pm

pressures on
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Computer Crashed » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Still trying to work out why the best opening bat in the world batted at 4.
Now they are in all sorts with Ooz out.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket