2015 Frank Worral and Ashes Tours

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2015 Frank Worral and Ashes Tours

by Rik E Boy » Tue May 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Gozu wrote:Chris Rogers has announced he is going to retire from Test cricket at the end of the Ashes series and Brad Haddin has announced his retirement from ODI cricket.

I wonder if Rogers' decision was influenced by the plans of Adelaide Oval having a day/night test against the sheep rooters this summer. Either way, I'm kind of glad he's retiring and at least he can back up his good work over the past couple of years and go out at the top of his game.

As for Haddin, why even announce a retirement from ODI's, just piss off all together.....................cheat.

Why doesn't everyone declare Rogers selfish for waiting until after the ashes to retire?

.. If it was Kane Cornes they would :lol:

Because Haddin isn't a Swampie mongrel.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

by MJ_23 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:46 pm

No Rogers for first test against the Windies.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

by bennymacca » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Not sure where else to put this, but this was a great read

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/co ... 81539.html
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:Not sure where else to put this, but this was a great read

Absolutely.
It takes me back to my darkest day of cricket, a semi final I was captain and was bowling a pretty handy spell, taking wickets with good economy, my brother was up the other end bowling tightly.

I felt like I was hogging it a bit and took myself off and bought another bloke on from my end who went for 28 off 3 overs before taking the ball back off him. I took 7/27 from 21 overs and we restricted Willaston to 131, we were 1/75 overnight.
Day two and we found ourselves reeling at 9/93 leaving just me and the lad who I bowled for 3 overs to chase the runs down.
We were travelling nicely until a very fired up Ivan Silvy bowled a pearler of an outswinger to me which I edged to 2nd slip and was caught with the score on 130.
I felt like absolute dog shit and anyone that played that day still bring it up 20 years later often.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

by bennymacca » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Ouch!

The only experience like that was when we got rolled for 90 in a grand final and then rolled them for 71 in reply. I faced 3 balls batting at 11 and we only used 3 bowlers so i didnt bowl.

Still counts though :D
bennymacca
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:03 pm

bennymacca wrote:Ouch!

The only experience like that was when we got rolled for 90 in a grand final and then rolled them for 71 in reply. I faced 3 balls batting at 11 and we only used 3 bowlers so i didnt bowl.

Still counts though :D

At least you won, Willaston went on to win the flag and then won the Grade 1 flag the following season. I have been blessed by the cricket gods though, 6 premierships as a player, about a dozen as a coach.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by whufc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Always a strange series for me to view.

With my West Indian heritage i have always had a real soft spot for the windies.

My favourtie cricket memories are sitting with my Jamaican grandad watching Ritchie Richardson, Greenidge and Haynes and then Lara give the Aussies some 'licks'

I really hope the Windies are competitive and will be interested to see how the young batting lineup stand up to the MitchX2 attack.

Cant see the Windies bowling out the aussies twice and would expect Smith and Warner to have a field day.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5602 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by batmanbegins » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:57 am

whufc wrote:Always a strange series for me to view.

With my West Indian heritage i have always had a real soft spot for the windies.

My favourtie cricket memories are sitting with my Jamaican grandad watching Ritchie Richardson, Greenidge and Haynes and then Lara give the Aussies some 'licks'

I really hope the Windies are competitive and will be interested to see how the young batting lineup stand up to the MitchX2 attack.

Cant see the Windies bowling out the aussies twice and would expect Smith and Warner to have a field day.

I reckon the Windies will be competitive on these slow flat surfaces as the Aussies have been struggling on these wickets for a few years now, if this was in Aus the games would be over in 3 days. I agree Theres no way the Windies will bowl out the Aussies twice unless Taylor picks up a bucket load of wickets.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

by Jim05 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:34 am

Windies have crumbled, currently 7/121, MJ and Hazelwood bowled well, Starc is bowling some tripe with the occassional good ball
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by whufc » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:40 am

Windies all out 148

Mitch 3
Hazelwood 3 (probably the closest this generation will get too seeing McGrath)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5602 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by The Dark Knight » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:59 am

Australia 1/36

The perks of waking up early for work, get to watch the cricket for a bit before I leave home :)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10358 times
Been liked: 1522 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:43 am

batmanbegins wrote:

I reckon the Windies will be competitive on these slow flat surfaces as the Aussies have been struggling on these wickets for a few years now, if this was in Aus the games would be over in 3 days. I agree Theres no way the Windies will bowl out the Aussies twice unless Taylor picks up a bucket load of wickets.

On the contrary, I think these wickets suit Australia, as our batting lineup is still susceptible to the swinging ball, and our pace attack is still good enough to get the job done on flat pitches.
bennymacca
Coach

by batmanbegins » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:02 am

bennymacca wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

On the contrary, I think these wickets suit Australia, as our batting lineup is still susceptible to the swinging ball, and our pace attack is still good enough to get the job done on flat pitches.

Really, What about the UAE against Pakistan? The wickets arent to different to those ones.
batmanbegins
Reserves

by Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 am

Bishoo really deserved Pup's wicket. He bowled so tight to him - giving him little width. For the match's sake, it's disappointing he loosened the grip when Voges came in.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 am

batmanbegins wrote:Really, What about the UAE against Pakistan? The wickets arent to different to those ones.

fair point, i guess i was making a distinction in my head between flat adelaide/sydney/melbourne style pitches and the big turning subcontinental pitches.

Would it be fair to say that the West Indian pitches are somewhere in between those two?
bennymacca
Coach

by batmanbegins » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:29 am

bennymacca wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Really, What about the UAE against Pakistan? The wickets arent to different to those ones.

fair point, i guess i was making a distinction in my head between flat adelaide/sydney/melbourne style pitches and the big turning subcontinental pitches.

Would it be fair to say that the West Indian pitches are somewhere in between those two?

Yeah that would be fair, I wish the Windies wickets were quick like they use to. In their regional first class comp, 8 of the top 10 wicket takers were spinners which shows how spinner friendly their wickets are now and the lack of quality fast bowling in WI at the minute.
batmanbegins
Reserves

by Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:31 am

I'm more than happy to see ball dominate bat for a change.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm more than happy to see ball dominate bat for a change.

im not super fussed as long as there is a result.

Didnt see much of the latest NZ Eng test, but looking at the reports it looked like a few momentum swings, thats what you want imo. Rolling teams for 140 then making 200 in reply is just as boring as 600 vs 500 imo.
bennymacca
Coach

by mal » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Not sure where else to put this, but this was a great read

Absolutely.
It takes me back to my darkest day of cricket, a semi final I was captain and was bowling a pretty handy spell, taking wickets with good economy, my brother was up the other end bowling tightly.

I felt like I was hogging it a bit and took myself off and bought another bloke on from my end who went for 28 off 3 overs before taking the ball back off him. I took 7/27 from 21 overs and we restricted Willaston to 131, we were 1/75 overnight.
Day two and we found ourselves reeling at 9/93 leaving just me and the lad who I bowled for 3 overs to chase the runs down.
We were travelling nicely until a very fired up Ivan Silvy bowled a pearler of an outswinger to me which I edged to 2nd slip and was caught with the score on 130.
I felt like absolute dog shit and anyone that played that day still bring it up 20 years later often.

I know exactly how you feel
We were chasing just over 300 in a final
We were dismissed for about 70 odd
I made a duck , if only I had made about 230 more
The only consolation with my duck is that it was a chance less innings until I was dismissed
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1164 times
Been liked: 917 times

by David Brent » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:48 am

Seen on twitter last night that the whole team is made up of players from just 2 states. 8 NSW & 3 WA that's a pretty crazy stat, wonder if this has happended before?
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket