No votes
St Peters OC
15%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 39

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Postby TheTranzlator » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:32 pm

What a story it has been so far for the Ramz this season... not many gave them a chance at the start of the year due to their relatively inexperienced list. But credit to Grima and the other coaches who have created a game plan that makes it hard for teams to break them down. Kudos to the players as well, seems like they've all bought in. Should be a fascinating finals series, anyones to win.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:24 am

Not sure about being that inexperienced when they have played with 13 to 15 points most weeks and brought in some quality during the season. I can't find any reason why they can't go all the way when you consider the form of the rest in the top 5. I had Port Dist & PAOC as likely grand finalists before the weekend but after Saturdays results anyone can make the GF and win it. The only given at this stage is that it can't be a SPOC v PAOC grand final but any other combination is a genuine possibility.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 285 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby TheTranzlator » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:05 am

Down the Hill wrote:Not sure about being that inexperienced when they have played with 13 to 15 points most weeks and brought in some quality during the season. I can't find any reason why they can't go all the way when you consider the form of the rest in the top 5. I had Port Dist & PAOC as likely grand finalists before the weekend but after Saturdays results anyone can make the GF and win it. The only given at this stage is that it can't be a SPOC v PAOC grand final but any other combination is a genuine possibility.

To be honest, looking at their team from last year they haven't really added anyone... from reports both their major recruits in the off-season got injured earlier in the year and have sat out the majority of the season. The relatively in-experience I talk about is more than half their team haven't had any Div 1 experience or higher.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Postby MoP » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:34 am

The Rams picked up Bielby and Venning as returning players.
Recruited Sam Smith - played 3 games before going down with a knee.
Picked up De Sira - hasn't played A's in the second half of the season.
Picked up Condon for the last 3 games.
With the exception of Smith and Condon, they likely won't have any other points next season, until they recruit more players.
MoP
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby TheTranzlator » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:55 am

Hearing that the Goody Saints v Ramz Qualifying final to be played at a neutral ground because of the condition of the Goodwood's Oval? At this stage PlayHQ has it at Goodwood. Hearing Adelaide Uni and Kilburn being thrown up as alternatives.

Hearing there could be similar issues with the SPOC V PAOC Elimination final also as Saints are hosting intercol this weekend at the school.
Interesting to see what plays out in the next few days.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:57 am

Saturday 27th August

Qualifying Final
Goodwood Oval

Div 1 - Goodwood v Glenunga - 2:15pm
Elimination Final
Div 1R - Goodwood v Brighton - 12:15pm

Elimination Final
St Peters College

Div 1 - SPOC v PAOC - 2:15pm
Qualifying Final
Div 1R - SPOC v Port Districts - 12:15pm
Last edited by Bluedemon on Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby MoP » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:59 am

TheTranzlator wrote:Hearing that the Goody Saints v Ramz Qualifying final to be played at a neutral ground because of the condition of the Goodwood's Oval? At this stage PlayHQ has it at Goodwood. Hearing Adelaide Uni and Kilburn being thrown up as alternatives.

Hearing there could be similar issues with the SPOC V PAOC Elimination final also as Saints are hosting intercol this weekend at the school.
Interesting to see what plays out in the next few days.

Heard the same about Goodwood Oval. Despite what PlayHQ says, it's unlikely to be played there.
MoP
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:37 pm

Sunday night is just a first draft and is always subject to change. Our B grade are in the curtain raiser to the Goodwood v Glenunga QF. Unless I'm missing something with some other finals fixturing but St Mary's Park would be a good fit for the participating clubs.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 285 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:20 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Sunday night is just a first draft and is always subject to change. Our B grade are in the curtain raiser to the Goodwood v Glenunga QF. Unless I'm missing something with some other finals fixturing but St Mary's Park would be a good fit for the participating clubs.

It would be a very good venue to use
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Sunday night is just a first draft and is always subject to change. Our B grade are in the curtain raiser to the Goodwood v Glenunga QF. Unless I'm missing something with some other finals fixturing but St Mary's Park would be a good fit for the participating clubs.

Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby TheTranzlator » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:27 pm

Bluedemon wrote:

Watched a game at Kenilworth a few weeks ago and was the first time since I'd been there since the new development and was very impressed with it all, they've done a great job there.

Will be interesting to see where the game is moved too... both Goodwood and Glenunga play well on small ovals. I guess if they play on a big ground it rules out both teams strength.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:43 pm

TheTranzlator wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Watched a game at Kenilworth a few weeks ago and was the first time since I'd been there since the new development and was very impressed with it all, they've done a great job there.

Will be interesting to see where the game is moved too... both Goodwood and Glenunga play well on small ovals. I guess if they play on a big ground it rules out both teams strength.

Fair bit more development going on over the next 12 months or so. Will be an exceptional venue when completed.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Playing SPOC v PAOC at the same venue and same time as Intercol would be a classic.

Find a way to make it happen!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:05 pm

jo172 wrote:Playing SPOC v PAOC at the same venue and same time as Intercol would be a classic.

You just wrote what I was just thinking.

Move it to Adelaide Oval - they will come! :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1740 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:Playing SPOC v PAOC at the same venue and same time as Intercol would be a classic.

You just wrote what I was just thinking.

Move it to Adelaide Oval - they will come! :lol:

Great idea but the rugby is on at Adelaide Oval
I think that's the problem - Saints may not have the back ovals for Saturday
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:49 am

TheTranzlator wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Me too, although given the oval wasn't in great nick and you had to trudge through slop walking around the ground given the weather.

Not being able to park around the ground took points off of the venue, there was minimal parking, the surrounding streets had two hour parking and I ended up quite a few streets away from the place.

It may have been circumstantial but it was a nuisance, had a GF the following week @ Mitcham, similar issue but there were no time time limits on parking around the area, if I took the chance I would've scored a park in the venue, not that it mattered.

At the end of the day it would be good if local councils could invest in a couple of clubs in their LGA's to be able to host finals comfortably as it must be a cracking day for the clubs' finances.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:54 am

Noting Glenunga's gameplan suspect they'd prefer not to be on the big expanses of Panther Park.

Mind you, would traditionally say the same thing about Goodwood, albeit haven't seen them play since round 2
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby TheTranzlator » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:05 am

jo172 wrote:Noting Glenunga's gameplan suspect they'd prefer not to be on the big expanses of Panther Park.

Mind you, would traditionally say the same thing about Goodwood, albeit haven't seen them play since round 2

Yep, same with Goody Saints though... both with very similar styles of play.

Although Glenunga showed they could adapt to a bigger oval destroying Iggies KRO.

When are venues usually confirmed for the weekend's matches... I'd presume before/by Thursday?
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:16 pm

TheTranzlator wrote:
jo172 wrote:Noting Glenunga's gameplan suspect they'd prefer not to be on the big expanses of Panther Park.

Yep, same with Goody Saints though... both with very similar styles of play.

Although Glenunga showed they could adapt to a bigger oval destroying Iggies KRO.

When are venues usually confirmed for the weekend's matches... I'd presume before/by Thursday?

I thought normally by Tuesday
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:49 pm

draft tuesday

confirm Thursday

a lot can happen in 48 hours! :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1740 times
Been liked: 2148 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League