West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Cohiba » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:53 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
You northern clubs are more luckier than you think. Growing suburbs, chances to develop juniors and local people who are young enough to be excited to be involved in footy. Yes good people make good footy clubs, but let's be honest here, Southside, good and smart people who know people who know people, is the only way they will survive. Recruitment is their future. The closest schools to MP are SHOC, Westminster and???????? What hope do we seriously have other than $$$$$$ and good people. No biggie and not a chuck at other clubs working on keeping themselves alive but reality is reality. Clubs are gonna get stronger and clubs are gunna go by the wayside. Money will win in the long term survival, like it or not, and the league will end up with less teams. All the boo ha about the chicks and their so called locality and demographic position, phtttt, they live in a 10k radius of half the Div 1 clubs. Again $$$$$$$. You raise it they will come.

I'm a ten minute walk to the beach.....laddie....

I have seen Monseniour Tedrich walk and if he is only a 10 minute walk away then he is bloody close to it ;)

A full on pre season sees me moving at optimum pace TJ.......I was tempted to say it's only a five minute jog......but for credibility maybe a step too far eh ...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Mr Onions » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 am

Yank Man wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Cohiba wrote:Your absolutely right that dedicated people are the key in the fortunes of any Club albeit old or new ......

Whilst money is the "curse" of all sport, my point regarding the loss of a Club was more to do with the passing of time and demographic changes in our population. For e.g.... the emergence of new suburbs, the "aging of older suburbs, and the changing "interests"of a populace will have an impact upon Clubs at some time. Sadly, whilst it would nice to think otherwise....even dedicated people like some Clubs.....will pass with time... as have Ovies, BKFC, and Burnside (in my time). At least for those to whom it applies....they have memories.

For all the criticism of the Chics purchasing premierships it is a fact that the local demographic is not a football community and they don't have juniors coming through. No doubt it's going to be tough times for some clubs moving forward. I think your demographic point is very relevant.

You northern clubs are more luckier than you think. Growing suburbs, chances to develop juniors and local people who are young enough to be excited to be involved in footy. Yes good people make good footy clubs, but let's be honest here, Southside, good and smart people who know people who know people, is the only way they will survive. Recruitment is their future. The closest schools to MP are SHOC, Westminster and???????? What hope do we seriously have other than $$$$$$ and good people. No biggie and not a chuck at other clubs working on keeping themselves alive but reality is reality. Clubs are gonna get stronger and clubs are gunna go by the wayside. Money will win in the long term survival, like it or not, and the league will end up with less teams. All the boo ha about the chicks and their so called locality and demographic position, phtttt, they live in a 10k radius of half the Div 1 clubs. Again $$$$$$$. You raise it they will come.

Don't you have a school just right of your northern end Yank Man. Have you tried to get your foot in the door there by supplying coaches for their school football teams.
Mr Onions
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Mr Onions wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Don't you have a school just right of your northern end Yank Man. Have you tried to get your foot in the door there by supplying coaches for their school football teams.

Alas.....I think Yank's glass will always be half empty........ :(
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby eric » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Clubs should be left to rot and die out... That is the most moronic statement I have ever read about community football.. What type of a peanut says that shite... With no juniors & being surrounded by 3 of the bigger Junior club in the norther area what other options are available to the smaller clubs.. If you have the finances you spend them to make your club stronger.. Sure we did ok for a couple of years and then due to a number of reasons we went downhill. You can surmise why that is however you want and you can put your pathetic rants up here for everyone to see all you want. You can even have personal digs & post smart ass comments but at the end of the day we have 100+ blokes that want to play footy for our club, 20 of them are getting paid to do it which leaves 80+ doing it for the club & the guernsey.. Half of you mob are so easy to bait up it's like shooting fish in the pond. How about next time some of you see me at a game come up and tell me how much you hate us to my face and slag us off while your standing in front of me, then I might take some of what you are saying on board but until then keep running ya lips.. I know it's all half of ya are good at.. The stupid thing is if I were at your club and it was facing the same dilemma I would be doing everything within my power to change that as well.. After all nobody remembers who came last.. History only talks about the winners..
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Diknbones wrote:Clubs should be left to rot and die out... That is the most moronic statement I have ever read about community football.. What type of a peanut says that shite... With no juniors & being surrounded by 3 of the bigger Junior club in the norther area what other options are available to the smaller clubs.. If you have the finances you spend them to make your club stronger.. Sure we did ok for a couple of years and then due to a number of reasons we went downhill. You can surmise why that is however you want and you can put your pathetic rants up here for everyone to see all you want. You can even have personal digs & post smart ass comments but at the end of the day we have 100+ blokes that want to play footy for our club, 20 of them are getting paid to do it which leaves 80+ doing it for the club & the guernsey.. Half of you mob are so easy to bait up it's like shooting fish in the pond. How about next time some of you see me at a game come up and tell me how much you hate us to my face and slag us off while your standing in front of me, then I might take some of what you are saying on board but until then keep running ya lips.. I know it's all half of ya are good at.. The stupid thing is if I were at your club and it was facing the same dilemma I would be doing everything within my power to change that as well.. After all nobody remembers who came last.. History only talks about the winners..

Another notch in the belt for Marbles..........don't fret and a pinch of salt Dicky...... :lol:
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby marbles » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Diknbones wrote:Clubs should be left to rot and die out... That is the most moronic statement I have ever read about community football.. What type of a peanut says that shite... With no juniors & being surrounded by 3 of the bigger Junior club in the norther area what other options are available to the smaller clubs.. If you have the finances you spend them to make your club stronger.. Sure we did ok for a couple of years and then due to a number of reasons we went downhill. You can surmise why that is however you want and you can put your pathetic rants up here for everyone to see all you want. You can even have personal digs & post smart ass comments but at the end of the day we have 100+ blokes that want to play footy for our club, 20 of them are getting paid to do it which leaves 80+ doing it for the club & the guernsey.. Half of you mob are so easy to bait up it's like shooting fish in the pond. How about next time some of you see me at a game come up and tell me how much you hate us to my face and slag us off while your standing in front of me, then I might take some of what you are saying on board but until then keep running ya lips.. I know it's all half of ya are good at.. The stupid thing is if I were at your club and it was facing the same dilemma I would be doing everything within my power to change that as well.. After all nobody remembers who came last.. History only talks about the winners..

Another notch in the belt for Marbles..........don't fret and a pinch of salt Dicky...... :lol:

geeze tough times hundred players better go down a div
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby eric » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Lick marbles
eric

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Any chance they will get a new B grade umpire while their at it?? :lol:
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:13 pm

so you'll be having a c grade this year?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby eric » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:04 pm

RooBoy for B grade Ump..
C grade, gee there's an idea
eric

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Brahma Lodge to Win the flag but go down to div 7 :)

mawson lakes spoc and ingle farm all battle it out for the wooden spoon
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Mr Onions » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Diknbones wrote:RooBoy for B grade Ump..

100+ players at this time of year maybe a D grade as well
Mr Onions
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Mr Onions wrote:

4 teams, C1, C2, C3 and C4....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Mr Onions wrote:

They can have 2 teams in D6.

Brahma lodge black and Brahma Lodge Yellow :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Mr Onions wrote:

They can have 2 teams in D6.

Brahma lodge black and Brahma Lodge Yellow :lol:

maybe we need to start talking about could a div 6 club beat a div 1 reserve side
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Not sure who your sledge is at Diknbones, if it's me then so be it. For what it's worth I am supportive of BL and you will get to look me in the eye and maybe have a froffy when we play our trial. I love banter and put a lot of rubbish on here just for fun. Cos this ain't the real world, it's a forum for fun. Let's not get too serious because we are 'amateurs' are we not. Clubs should not just rot and die out, if they did then sorry, yours probably should be at the bottom of the heap along side ours. You have worked hard to make sure that didn't happen, as is ours. We all deserve a chance to redeem our past issues. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby cracka » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Not sure who your sledge is at Diknbones, if it's me then so be it. For what it's worth I am supportive of BL and you will get to look me in the eye and maybe have a froffy when we play our trial. I love banter and put a lot of rubbish on here just for fun. Cos this ain't the real world, it's a forum for fun. Let's not get too serious because we are 'amateurs' are we not. Clubs should not just rot and die out, if they did then sorry, yours probably should be at the bottom of the heap along side ours. You have worked hard to make sure that didn't happen, as is ours. We all deserve a chance to redeem our past issues. :)

Start the clock. How long b4 LGIL comes on saying its not amateurs
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:11 pm

cracka wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Start the clock. How long b4 LGIL comes on saying its not amateurs

Hahaha, 5. 4. 3. 2, 1, go
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby beeroclock » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:12 pm

This post is best responded to as LMAO.
Comical genius.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Cohiba » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm not so sure Dicky boy......Zero and 18 in 2014....you finished LAST, got relegated, and your currently all the rage here.........it appears we do remember.......we may not care mind.....but we do remember....... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League