15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:32 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Diknbones wrote:Dylan Wise to the Lodge
Holland too, just a couple of extras

since you are getting players back maybe you can put in a request to the league to go back to D4 or D3?

Someone may have been fiddling with the nobs on my Wristwatch but I was told they have applied to play in a different division to the one they are eligible for. :shock:

Div 7? Sounds reasonable to me - dont want to go out and buy up a premiership side for 3 divs lower than you should be and risk losing to one of the other clubs, better make a certainty of that investment and go to D7 :lol:
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:52 pm

:lol: As in a higher division, not a lower one you bunch of comedians :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:16 pm

wristwatcher wrote::lol: As in a higher division, not a lower one you bunch of comedians :lol:

Yes wristy, everyone gets it, not too many comedians on here, :D

Not much love for BL on here aye. What I don't get is how can a club can go through so many divisions in such a short space of time because of one poor year when other clubs accept the bashings and take their medicine then rebuild in the Div they are placed in. Please explain. :shock:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 318 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Yank Man wrote:
wristwatcher wrote::lol: As in a higher division, not a lower one you bunch of comedians :lol:

Yes wristy, everyone gets it, not too many comedians on here, :D

Not much love for BL on here aye. What I don't get is how can a club can go through so many divisions in such a short space of time because of one poor year when other clubs accept the bashings and take their medicine then rebuild in the Div they are placed in. Please explain. :shock:

I have mentioned it before but I played a season of A grade without a win and played in a season with one win. I am a big believer in taking your medicine when it comes to you. It teaches you to appreciate the wins.

It's this experience that has me believe you play where you are meant to play based on the promotion and relegation system we have in place. I'm not looking to get in an argument about extenuating or individual club circumstances but I think it's happening way to often. The general public or Sa footy posters wouldn't be privy to how many of these requests the league get.

I don't actually blame the league ( I just saved myself a text message ;) )I think the onus is on the clubs to deal with issues, administer and prepare not just for the now but for the future also. Sometimes your club is going to have a tough year but such is football. In summary play where you have earned the right to play and work on your club from the ground up and you will find the system works fine.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:26 am

I still find it funny that BL would have won more games had they stayed in div 3 than they did in div 5.. and now with returning players they probably would have been competitive in div 4..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby marbles » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:57 am

the more clubs are approved to go down divs, the more requests will be made to the league anytime a club hits struggle city

clubs should be left to rot and die if they aint got the capacity to stay alive in their div, because theyll go down divs and everyones sees a chance of easy flags and people will all come back to the club
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:48 am

marbles wrote:the more clubs are approved to go down divs, the more requests will be made to the league anytime a club hits struggle city

clubs should be left to rot and die if they aint got the capacity to stay alive in their div, because theyll go down divs and everyones sees a chance of easy flags and people will all come back to the club

I think the exception to this rule is perhaps but not in every case when a club goes from 2/3 teams to one. I don't ever want to see any club fold.

It's sad to see the death of 100 year old clubs such as Ovies.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:02 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
marbles wrote:the more clubs are approved to go down divs, the more requests will be made to the league anytime a club hits struggle city

I think the exception to this rule is perhaps but not in every case when a club goes from 2/3 teams to one. I don't ever want to see any club fold.

Hard to see any Club with one team on the park survive....at least in this Comp....imo......Logistically it's not only a problem for the Club itself but also for the League. Sadly, Club's do die as you put.....but also new Clubs emerge......progress or evolution.....call it what you will...
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby marbles » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Yeah I agree clubs should stay alive

But every other club is busting there ass in struggle city trying to the right thing but this club now has a free ticket to a likely grand final in div 6

Meanwhile a top contender of div 6 will miss out on its place in a grand final cos this big BL titan is in the way

If clubs rot down to only one team, merge or die and back of the line please

Kilburn have been incredible in their survival wanting to fight it through
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Cohiba wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Hard to see any Club with one team on the park survive....at least in this Comp....imo......Logistically it's not only a problem for the Club itself but also for the League. Sadly, Club's do die as you put.....but also new Clubs emerge......progress or evolution.....call it what you will...

I'm not aware of the Admin and logistics of trying to get a new club off the ground but it would have to be a full time job for several people just to get approval and planning together. Particularly for those clubs that are suburban and not college/school based.

I find it slightly concerning teams like Ovies, BKFC and others are disappearing to regularly these days. Then you look at the Chics who have won a div 1 flag and won back to back flags a couple of years earlier also nearly shutting its doors if not for a brave few last year I think its a real worry.

Whilst I can appreciate what your saying I'm not sure I agree with it because these days in "Amateur" football you actually need money to lure key personell to a club in most cases and players are overpaid IMO and seem to change clubs like Trent changes his underwear (yearly). Without the resources and player pool of a college I can't see new suburban clubs emerging to often.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Your absolutely right that dedicated people are the key in the fortunes of any Club albeit old or new ......

Whilst money is the "curse" of all sport, my point regarding the loss of a Club was more to do with the passing of time and demographic changes in our population. For e.g.... the emergence of new suburbs, the "aging of older suburbs, and the changing "interests"of a populace will have an impact upon Clubs at some time. Sadly, whilst it would nice to think otherwise....even dedicated people like some Clubs.....will pass with time... as have Ovies, BKFC, and Burnside (in my time). At least for those to whom it applies....they have memories.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Cohiba wrote:Your absolutely right that dedicated people are the key in the fortunes of any Club albeit old or new ......

Whilst money is the "curse" of all sport, my point regarding the loss of a Club was more to do with the passing of time and demographic changes in our population. For e.g.... the emergence of new suburbs, the "aging of older suburbs, and the changing "interests"of a populace will have an impact upon Clubs at some time. Sadly, whilst it would nice to think otherwise....even dedicated people like some Clubs.....will pass with time... as have Ovies, BKFC, and Burnside (in my time). At least for those to whom it applies....they have memories.

For all the criticism of the Chics purchasing premierships it is a fact that the local demographic is not a football community and they don't have juniors coming through. No doubt it's going to be tough times for some clubs moving forward. I think your demographic point is very relevant.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:06 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Cohiba wrote:Your absolutely right that dedicated people are the key in the fortunes of any Club albeit old or new ......

For all the criticism of the Chics purchasing premierships it is a fact that the local demographic is not a football community and they don't have juniors coming through. No doubt it's going to be tough times for some clubs moving forward. I think your demographic point is very relevant.

You northern clubs are more luckier than you think. Growing suburbs, chances to develop juniors and local people who are young enough to be excited to be involved in footy. Yes good people make good footy clubs, but let's be honest here, Southside, good and smart people who know people who know people, is the only way they will survive. Recruitment is their future. The closest schools to MP are SHOC, Westminster and???????? What hope do we seriously have other than $$$$$$ and good people. No biggie and not a chuck at other clubs working on keeping themselves alive but reality is reality. Clubs are gonna get stronger and clubs are gunna go by the wayside. Money will win in the long term survival, like it or not, and the league will end up with less teams. All the boo ha about the chicks and their so called locality and demographic position, phtttt, they live in a 10k radius of half the Div 1 clubs. Again $$$$$$$. You raise it they will come.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Cohiba » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Yank Man wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

You northern clubs are more luckier than you think. Growing suburbs, chances to develop juniors and local people who are young enough to be excited to be involved in footy. Yes good people make good footy clubs, but let's be honest here, Southside, good and smart people who know people who know people, is the only way they will survive. Recruitment is their future. The closest schools to MP are SHOC, Westminster and???????? What hope do we seriously have other than $$$$$$ and good people. No biggie and not a chuck at other clubs working on keeping themselves alive but reality is reality. Clubs are gonna get stronger and clubs are gunna go by the wayside. Money will win in the long term survival, like it or not, and the league will end up with less teams. All the boo ha about the chicks and their so called locality and demographic position, phtttt, they live in a 10k radius of half the Div 1 clubs. Again $$$$$$$. You raise it they will come.

I'm a ten minute walk to the beach.....laddie....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Not being a smartarse Yank but 2-3 years ago you were very optimistic about the Mitchell Park FC and repeated numerous times about how the club was going in the right direction ect and the base was set (by yourself according to many posts of yours, once again not trying to be a smart arse but these were your words). I can't see how your resources have changed that much over that period of time that it's that different compared to the Northern Clubs. Yes you may say your core group of very good players is getting older, however3 years ago it was all beer and skittles when you knew this could be a challenge.

Let's not forget within a 10 km radius of both our clubs we also have 2 of the top 10 strongest overall clubs in SA in Happy Valley and Blackwood. Plympton are pretty successful too and are only 5km away. We ourselves had very successful Juniors of whom were the base of our last 4 senior premierships. My point is the clubs out North aren't that lucky compared, success is there and it's a rotating wheel. I know you know the successes but Mitchell Park still have plenty of hope and good people are the source of success at any club.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Snags » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:21 pm

I think it will work in the opposite. If the player is any good they are not gonna wanna go back to there old club if they dropped divisions, if a player is any good and wants to push them self and not be a "big fish in a small pond" they will want to play higher divisions and in better teams.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:06 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Not being a smartarse Yank but 2-3 years ago you were very optimistic about the Mitchell Park FC and repeated numerous times about how the club was going in the right direction ect and the base was set (by yourself according to many posts of yours, once again not trying to be a smart arse but these were your words). I can't see how your resources have changed that much over that period of time that it's that different compared to the Northern Clubs. Yes you may say your core group of very good players is getting older, however3 years ago it was all beer and skittles when you knew this could be a challenge.

Let's not forget within a 10 km radius of both our clubs we also have 2 of the top 10 strongest overall clubs in SA in Happy Valley and Blackwood. Plympton are pretty successful too and are only 5km away. We ourselves had very successful Juniors of whom were the base of our last 4 senior premierships. My point is the clubs out North aren't that lucky compared, success is there and it's a rotating wheel. I know you know the successes but Mitchell Park still have plenty of hope and good people are the source of success at any club.

That's my post of the year so far LK and no I'm not taking the P.... Everything you said is fact. I guess my envy of the northern clubs is they jump ship often and their is so many to chose from. Southbound, loyalty is a big thing and it's hard to recruit.

Respect your opinion and the fact remains that in my time as coach we were very optimistic, but you take your eyes off the ball and you get cleaned up. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Southern clubs are different compared to the North. Most Northern clubs hop between divisions especially in the North Western suburbs where blokes hop between Rosewater, West Croydon, Woody South, Portland, Seaton and North Haven every year. You are right down South its far more rare that a player will go to a neighbouring club, they are far more likely to go to another league such as the SFL, GSFL or HFL. Good observation I never thought of it that way.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 pm

For what its worth I think the area we are in is the toughest spot in Adelaide for a footy club in terms of vers strong competition. However the fact that there are so many strong clubs shows that the tallent is there.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

I'm a ten minute walk to the beach.....laddie....

I have seen Monseniour Tedrich walk and if he is only a 10 minute walk away then he is bloody close to it ;)
wristwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League