Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Junior Football

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: I wouldn't umpire in the SAAFL no matter what they paid. I do NEMJFA, SAWFL and APFL but whenever I umpire with ammo umpires I'm left bewildered.

Bewildered? How?

how do you say it with out offending a umpire who has umpired over 300 games plus ?
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby beeroclock » Tue May 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:blah blah bulldog just keep running ya mouth from the side lines like a good parent who knows best

Are you a Pooraka boy Robb?
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue May 27, 2014 2:26 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:blah blah bulldog just keep running ya mouth from the side lines like a good parent who knows best

not on sunday when i umpire :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue May 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: I wouldn't umpire in the SAAFL no matter what they paid. I do NEMJFA, SAWFL and APFL but whenever I umpire with ammo umpires I'm left bewildered.

Bewildered? How?

how do you say it with out offending a umpire who has umpired over 300 games plus ?

If its your belief then have the confidence to say it?
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby beeroclock » Tue May 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

I'd be wording my words a little different to Bulldogs then,otherwise he might come up and shake your hand last round of the year when he's down there for one of his 5 premiership flag reunions you flog.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Is there any danger you Ingle Farm folk could hold any type of conversation without resorting to personal attacks?

Any further personal attacks will result in bans.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 3:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Is there any danger you Ingle Farm folk could hold any type of conversation without resorting to personal attacks?

Don't see 'Ingle Farm' listed anywhere in beeroclock's profile thank you very much 8)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Any further personal attacks will result in bans.

Can confirm.. she is a woman of her word :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue May 27, 2014 3:33 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

I'd be wording my words a little different to Bulldogs then,otherwise he might come up and shake your hand last round of the year when he's down there for one of his 5 premiership flag reunions you flog.

its great that you feel the need to defend bulldog but considering i was one of the umpires he was having a go at me first
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 27, 2014 3:44 pm

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:i have a question wonder how many umpires from the N.E.M.J.A go onto do SAAFL going by the age of umpires is this another problem coming up in the near future ?

I wouldn't umpire in the SAAFL no matter what they paid. I do NEMJFA, SAWFL and APFL but whenever I umpire with ammo umpires I'm left bewildered.

I reckon you umpired the game before my lads on Sunday at Salisbury Nth about 1.30pm?? but I was very hung over it might not have been you.......

Yes, and your son's game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby beeroclock » Tue May 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Any further personal attacks will result in bans.

Can confirm.. she is a woman of her word :lol:

You still drunk?
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 3:48 pm

beeroclock wrote:You still drunk?

:lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:

Bewildered? How?

One of the "head" umpires of the SAAFL was observing a women's game that I was umpiring, I talk a lot while I'm umpiring, it lets the players know what I'm thinking and how I see things.
The observer came over to me at quarter time and said "You can't tell the players to knock the ball out of the packs, it's seen as onfield coaching, opposing coaches don't like it".
At the end of the game I went to shake the other umpires hand and said "well done" He pulled his hand away and said "You can't shake my hand out here in front of everyone, we'll shake hands in the rooms".
I just said "well ##$% ya then, if you're that pedantic"
He was an ammo's umpire too.

I like the country feel and you get less idiots rocking up as they tend not to want to waste their $6 by getting booted out whereas in the city you get random dickheads rock up to a game with a full esky, get maggoted and find it fun to throw as much shit at the umpire as they can, they tend to not have any real alliance with either club too.
It has nothing to do with any clubs.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue May 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote: One of the "head" umpires of the SAAFL was observing a women's game that I was umpiring, I talk a lot while I'm umpiring, it lets the players know what I'm thinking and how I see things.
The observer came over to me at quarter time and said "You can't tell the players to knock the ball out of the packs, it's seen as onfield coaching, opposing coaches don't like it".
At the end of the game I went to shake the other umpires hand and said "well done" He pulled his hand away and said "You can't shake my hand out here in front of everyone, we'll shake hands in the rooms".

I like the country feel and you get less idiots rocking up as they tend not to want to waste their $6 by getting booted out whereas in the city you get random dickheads rock up to a game with a full esky, get maggoted and find it fun to throw as much shit at the umpire as they can, they tend to not have any real alliance with either club too.

I think it is true that calling out to hit the ball out could be against the coaches instructions - its not a hanging offence - but does it add anything to the game? - in my opinion - no - so not necessary. (my opinion only!)

Umpires shaking hands on the ground can be observed by the losing team as "smug" - better to get out of sight and thank the umpiring team. No biggie either

And spectators giving it to umpires - never going to stop it - maybe country people are more relaxed.

All I will add is - good on you for umpiring - keep at it!

And I think this is the Junior Footy forum - got off topic a bit?
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby carey » Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:i have a question wonder how many umpires from the N.E.M.J.A go onto do SAAFL going by the age of umpires is this another problem coming up in the near future ?

I wouldn't umpire in the SAAFL no matter what they paid. I do NEMJFA, SAWFL and APFL but whenever I umpire with ammo umpires I'm left bewildered.

I reckon you umpired the game before my lads on Sunday at Salisbury Nth about 1.30pm?? but I was very hung over it might not have been you.......

Yes, and your son's game.

Wow I must've been under the weather! :oops:

I know one thing my lad put in his worst performance of the season so far......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 28, 2014 1:36 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
I think it is true that calling out to hit the ball out could be against the coaches instructions - its not a hanging offence - but does it add anything to the game? - in my opinion - no - so not necessary. (my opinion only!)

Umpires shaking hands on the ground can be observed by the losing team as "smug" - better to get out of sight and thank the umpiring team. No biggie either

And spectators giving it to umpires - never going to stop it - maybe country people are more relaxed.

All I will add is - good on you for umpiring - keep at it!

And I think this is the Junior Footy forum - got off topic a bit?

It's pretty chilled out in country footy, they are passionate and you do get heckled, just not to the filthy nature that I've heard in the city over the years.

I do up to 5 games a weekend so it does get a bit hectic, it's good for the fitness though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 28, 2014 1:38 pm

carey wrote:

Wow I must've been under the weather! :oops:

I know one thing my lad put in his worst performance of the season so far......

LOL, where were you sitting? I was going to ask him if you were there but I didn't get the chance to ask him while he didn't have a player on him. It was a cracking game though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby S Demon » Wed May 28, 2014 1:57 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
ezydoesitbigfella wrote:NOT suggesting that we are now playing Netball, but these signs placed next to the coaches boxes might keep peoples minds on what we are actually trying to achieve?

Really? Is that necessary?

I am getting sick of the so-called experts trying to take the passion out of the game.

Australian Football without the passion and emotion is as worthless as social basketball or "Sandball"

Are you kidding? Something as simple as a sign removes passion from the game?

It is just a reminder to "keep things real" - enjoy the competition and skills that the game offers, but remember who is involved.

This is what we have displayed around the ground at our junior games
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (32.05 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pag » Wed May 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
ezydoesitbigfella wrote:

Bewildered? How?

One of the "head" umpires of the SAAFL was observing a women's game that I was umpiring, I talk a lot while I'm umpiring, it lets the players know what I'm thinking and how I see things.

I've seen you do a couple of SAWFL games this year mate, loved the way you went about it.

I've had heaps of umpires in my time give us a 'knock it out' when the ball is on the bottom of a pack. I'll never listen, I'd keep it in, but to say it's onfield coaching is just crap.

I remember the best umpire I ever had as a junior was Doug Tallboy, still umpring in the APFL, simply because he was always talking to the players.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby locky801 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Can we get back on the topic, if you want an umpires discussion make a new topic ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League