30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:34 am

Nah, if by some chance Pulteney don't make it I'm sure they'd look at Salisbury.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:37 am

Dutchy wrote:Lets be sensible, Edwardstown is 8kms from Adelaide CBD and just off Main South Road, most teams/clubs would play a GF anywhere.

I would absolutely play a GF anywhere. Makes it a big logistically easier though playing it within 20-25 mins of your ground, as opposed to 40kms away (approx. EP --> Towns)
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 am

The AdNFL
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2354 times
Been liked: 3638 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 pm

You are being a bit mischievous Dutchy. If the AdFL has a choice of venues it makes sense to consider geography to make the GF as accessible as possible for all with an interest, not just the players. Having said that, I believe in the last couple of years some venues have been decided to ensure that only those with a genuine interest do attend rather than some of the "riff raff" that may attend if the venue is more local to one or both participating clubs.

SFL had massive issues with crowd behaviour not to mention getting everyone in the ground at Port Noarlunga in the early 2000's and the main reason why it shifted to Hickinbotham from 2005. Hickinbotham may be a little sterile but I can't recall one crowd incident of any note in the 12 years its been there. And other than a few nasty melees in a couple of testosterone filled U18 GF's, I can't recall too many dramas on the field in that time.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Down the Hill wrote:You are being a bit mischievous Dutchy. .

What, Dutchy?

Neveerrrrrr :roll: :lol:

He does like fishing in my pond, doesn't he ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
He does like fishing in my pond, doesn't he ;)

FC you are missing a big * ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Down the Hill wrote:You are being a bit mischievous Dutchy. If the AdFL has a choice of venues it makes sense to consider geography to make the GF as accessible as possible for all with an interest, not just the players. Having said that, I believe in the last couple of years some venues have been decided to ensure that only those with a genuine interest do attend rather than some of the "riff raff" that may attend if the venue is more local to one or both participating clubs.

SFL had massive issues with crowd behaviour not to mention getting everyone in the ground at Port Noarlunga in the early 2000's and the main reason why it shifted to Hickinbotham from 2005. Hickinbotham may be a little sterile but I can't recall one crowd incident of any note in the 12 years its been there. And other than a few nasty melees in a couple of testosterone filled U18 GF's, I can't recall too many dramas on the field in that time.

My point is Edwardstown is 10 mins from the city and 34 km's/40 mins from EP, hardly a huge issue considering GF's are played further south at St Mary's?

If it is so important to play them North of the city why not look at Elizabeth or Prospect Ovals? As you rightly say this works for SFL and also I suspect at Thebarton for AdFL.

AdFL supports clubs that are well North of the city and even in Gawler, yet cry when they are asked to go 8km south of the CBD? Hackham not considered due to distance last year also.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:You are being a bit mischievous Dutchy. If the AdFL has a choice of venues it makes sense to consider geography to make the GF as accessible as possible for all with an interest, not just the players. Having said that, I believe in the last couple of years some venues have been decided to ensure that only those with a genuine interest do attend rather than some of the "riff raff" that may attend if the venue is more local to one or both participating clubs.

My point is Edwardstown is 10 mins from the city and 34 km's/40 mins from EP, hardly a huge issue considering GF's are played further south at St Mary's?

If it is so important to play them North of the city why not look at Elizabeth or Prospect Ovals? As you rightly say this works for SFL and also I suspect at Thebarton for AdFL.

AdFL supports clubs that are well North of the city and even in Gawler, yet cry when they are asked to go 8km south of the CBD? Hackham not considered due to distance last year also.

Clearly it makes geographical sense to play them closer to the teams competing, otherwise the Southern League might use the Parade or Alberton?

Alberton has been used frequently in the past and has worked, but may not be an option due to the Power and Magpies finals series. Elizabeth hasn't been used, I'm unsure why (this may be a CDFC issue), and Prospect CC take over Prospect Oval after North finish (as Glenelg CC do at Gliderol, and Woodville CC at Woodville).

Like I said, if it was a Morphy Pk v CLG GF (two southern teams), it would be at St Mary's/Towns. Two teams north of the city, makes logistical sense to have it north of the city. Granted, logistics is not the only concern. Smithfield, Para Hills and North Haven have all travelled to St Mary's for a GF in the last four years and I'm sure would do it again (all clubs would) if that's where they are put, however I'd guess it's not their #1 preference.
Last edited by Pag on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pag
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Why was there a GF at St Mary's last year then between to northern clubs?

Elizabeth would be ideal, no summer sport there.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:Why was there a GF at St Mary's last year then between to northern clubs?

Dutchy, same method applies as to DTH's post - unassociated riff raff is less likely to pack a lunch to go and cause trouble.

Footy Chick

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:Why was there a GF at St Mary's last year then between to northern clubs?

Like I said, logistics is not the ONLY concern. With Hectorville, Pulteney, Plympton and Lockleys the other clubs competing on the day (as well as Smithfield), St Mary's Park was probably the venue of choice for the majority of the clubs.
Last edited by Pag on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Dutchy, same method applies as to DTH's post - unassociated riff raff is less likely to pack a lunch to go and cause trouble.

So whats the issue with Edwardstown then? :?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Boosh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Obviously everyone would play anywhere the GF is held but either EP or NH will qualify in the GF as the home side and the other may join them in a weeks time. If that's the case it should be Alberton or Kilburn.

We have played at St. Mary's but it would have to be close to the farthest ground in the league from our home ground.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Executive Member » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I call bullshit
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:18 pm

I heard that if Smithfield and Eastern Park were to play off in the Div 4 GF the AdFL had sourced a ground in Coober Pedy for the event, purely to get our great league abroad.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I heard that if Smithfield and Eastern Park were to play off in the Div 4 GF the AdFL had sourced a ground in Coober Pedy for the event, purely to get our great league abroad.

Broken Hill, we want interstate exposure
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I heard that if Smithfield and Eastern Park were to play off in the Div 4 GF the AdFL had sourced a ground in Coober Pedy for the event, purely to get our great league abroad.

Shanghai next year?
Pag
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Pag wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

Shanghai next year?

The Power can play the curtain raiser.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Chics win Grand Finals everywhere.
The Big Shrek