14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby morell » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:52 am

Posting is not at adequate levels. The Div 4 thread is outstripping us. Div 4! What sort of div is that anyway? Div 4. Pssschhh.

C'mon people, fire up.

Rumours?
Player transfers?
Pre season tactics?
Coaching merry-go-rounds?
Likely teams?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:12 pm

We wrapped up 2014 with our AGM last week. Good news with about a 9% profit on total holdings.

2015 pre-season will start in January for us. No official pre-xmas sessions at this stage.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 am

Well done Q! Was 9% about what you expected? Do you have any performance targets or the like in place?

... and as we know, any preseason work before Christmas is a complete waste of time. It's in morell's myths! :D
morell
Coach

Postby Feenix » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 am

Apparenlty North Pines cant afford the $2,000 fine they were given

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 7105631495
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 am

Feenix wrote:Apparenlty North Pines cant afford the $2,000 fine they were given

Can't see too many shedding tears
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:21 pm

It seems that barely a handful of Clubs are causing the bulk of the controversy within the SAAFL over the last couple of seasons.

Given the varied viewpoints on this (and other) forum(s) suggests if member Clubs had to vote for either the redemption or the de-registration of these estranged Clubs to determine if its in the best interests of League .......the result could be interesting....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:17 pm

and then there are clubs who seem to hide their controversies well....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:and then there are clubs who seem to hide their controversies well....

No doubt FC......but most don't make the media nor have suspensions hanging over their head or have life bans imposed along with huge fines imposed on them do they!!
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby carey » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Houghton picking up a few Fitzroy crickets for the upcoming football season I hear.....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby morell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Cohiba wrote:It seems that barely a handful of Clubs are causing the bulk of the controversy within the SAAFL over the last couple of seasons.

Given the varied viewpoints on this (and other) forum(s) suggests if member Clubs had to vote for either the redemption or the de-registration of these estranged Clubs to determine if its in the best interests of League .......the result could be interesting....

Oh yeah, great idea, lets turn the SAAFL into a toffee nosed version of a Big Brother esque popularity contest.

Hopefully the SAAFL continue to deal with facts, data and information, not anecdotal impressions, perceptions and rumours.
morell
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:09 pm

morell wrote:
Cohiba wrote:It seems that barely a handful of Clubs are causing the bulk of the controversy within the SAAFL over the last couple of seasons.

Oh yeah, great idea, lets turn the SAAFL into a toffee nosed version of a Big Brother esque popularity contest.

Hopefully the SAAFL continue to deal with facts, data and information, not anecdotal impressions, perceptions and rumours.

I did say...."it seems" M............unless your suggesting its all been a major conspiracy by our elected officials and the events of recent seasons has all been contrived and is without any substance at all........It's just an observation to which you've said plenty..... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Feenix wrote:Apparenlty North Pines cant afford the $2,000 fine they were given

How did they afford the home final?
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:10 pm

morell wrote:Well done Q! Was 9% about what you expected? Do you have any performance targets or the like in place?

... and as we know, any preseason work before Christmas is a complete waste of time. It's in morell's myths! :D

I'd say it was unexpected because we experienced a slight fall in sponsorship. But made up for it in other areas and also were able to cut costs, particularly with medical supplies.
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Cohiba wrote:
morell wrote:

I did say...."it seems" M............unless your suggesting its all been a major conspiracy by our elected officials and the events of recent seasons has all been contrived and is without any substance at all........It's just an observation to which you've said plenty..... :)
Not at all, I am rebuking the concept of clubs voting on other clubs survival or otherwise. Sorry but it's preposterous.
morell
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:01 pm

morell wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
morell wrote:

Not at all, I am rebuking the concept of clubs voting on other clubs survival or otherwise. Sorry but it's preposterous.

I don't disagree.....but nowhere did I advocate that such a vote should be taken!!!!...........In context it was purely a hypothetical.....given the amount of diverse opinion expressed on this forum last season about the turmoil within a small number of Clubs whose actions impacted directly or indirectly on others than just themselves. Citing the North Pines cricketers as a recent example if indeed it is the case......
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby adr107 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 am

carey wrote:Houghton picking up a few Fitzroy crickets for the upcoming football season I hear.....

Just the one and he will have to throw the shin pads away if he wants to make an impact before 'Roling' into the township ;)
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 am

adr107 wrote:
carey wrote:Houghton picking up a few Fitzroy crickets for the upcoming football season I hear.....

Just the one and he will have to throw the shin pads away if he wants to make an impact before 'Roling' into the township ;)

I was wondering what the hell carey was on about???
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 am

Cohiba wrote:I don't disagree.....but nowhere did I advocate that such a vote should be taken!!!!...........In context it was purely a hypothetical.....given the amount of diverse opinion expressed on this forum last season about the turmoil within a small number of Clubs whose actions impacted directly or indirectly on others than just themselves. Citing the North Pines cricketers as a recent example if indeed it is the case......
Furr enuff.

I guess as a broad statement the perception outsiders have of a club or situation can often be very much removed from reality once the proverbial football whispers start creeping around the wall.

Some of the things I have seen written about on here and conveyed to me personally about MItchell Park are hilariously inaccurate.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 am

Q. wrote:
adr107 wrote:

I was wondering what the hell carey was on about???

His a top lad and I'm sure he will be a fair player as well. I thought he had a few going with him?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Informer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:57 am

adr107 wrote:

Isn't he a soccer player!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League