Smithfield
7%
Tea Tree Gully
6%

Total votes : 141

Re: SAAFL Division 7 & D7R (2012)

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 pm

hotpies wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Good to see a heap of our new recruits down at their new club last night doing some extra work before pre season starts. Things already beginning to turn around for the Bulldogs! 

HBF i have read a few of your posts and know and was wondering how this are changing and all that. Have you started pre season yet? Do you know who has left? I find it interesting that you say all this based upon what?
I look forward to hearing a report when pre season starts and you find out exactly how many players you have.
Do you know Deeman?

Complete new outlook at the club. New coaching appointments, New sponsors and New attitude all round. We have a group of people together committed to turning the club around. Have signed 17 new players and we are not done yet!! Everyone seems keen and are very committed and happy with the changes. Pre season starts on Monday the 21st of November at 6pm!
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby One Eyed » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:51 pm

17 new players :shock:
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:56 pm

One Eyed wrote:17 new players :shock:

Yep 17 players. Not all are A grade material but certainly very good B graders. The exciting thing is that numbers mean depth, and that gives us strength as a club. We realise that we have a tough job ahead of us, but we are doing everything right to make sure we are well prepared for next year. :-bd
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:

Yep 17 players. Not all are A grade material but certainly very good B graders. The exciting thing is that numbers mean depth, and that gives us strength as a club. We realise that we have a tough job ahead of us, but we are doing everything right to make sure we are well prepared for next year. :-bd

Are Tremain and Moore not at IF next year?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Quichey wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

They won't be at IF next year.
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
Quichey wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

They won't be at IF next year.

Big shoes to fill. I hope a couple of those 17 are suitable replacements.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Quichey wrote:Big shoes to fill. I hope a couple of those 17 are suitable replacements.

Big shoes and big egos.. think as long as they get some committed blokes who are there for the right course and working towards a common goal then they will have no issues covering the blokes who have gone.
Two blokes dont make a side..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Yep 17 players. Not all are A grade material but certainly very good B graders. The exciting thing is that numbers mean depth, and that gives us strength as a club. We realise that we have a tough job ahead of us, but we are doing everything right to make sure we are well prepared for next year. :-bd[/quote]

Are Tremain and Moore not at IF next year?[/quote]
They won't be at IF next year.[/quote]

Big shoes to fill. I hope a couple of those 17 are suitable replacements.[/quote]
No disrespect to Tremain and Moore, but what we have recruited can certainly cover them. Some players returning will be a big bonus also.
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby TIRED TIGER » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
hotpies wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Good to see a heap of our new recruits down at their new club last night doing some extra work before pre season starts. Things already beginning to turn around for the Bulldogs! 

HBF i have read a few of your posts and know and was wondering how this are changing and all that. Have you started pre season yet? Do you know who has left? I find it interesting that you say all this based upon what?
I look forward to hearing a report when pre season starts and you find out exactly how many players you have.
Do you know Deeman?

Complete new outlook at the club. New coaching appointments, New sponsors and New attitude all round. We have a group of people together committed to turning the club around. Have signed 17 new players and we are not done yet!! Everyone seems keen and are very committed and happy with the changes. Pre season starts on Monday the 21st of November at 6pm!

HBF. I think you are really excited about next year,however might be better to contain it in house as at the moment you are giving every other club in your Div plenty of ammo to want to beat you :shock:
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby TOSSER » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Texas Rattlesnake wrote:I believe the owls made an appointment last night...

I have heard they appointed Chris Eaton - B Grade Assistant at South Gawler last season. Don't know much more than that.
TOSSER
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby Half Back Flanker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
hotpies wrote:

Do you know Deeman?

HBF. I think you are really excited about next year,however might be better to contain it in house as at the moment you are giving every other club in your Div plenty of ammo to want to beat you :shock:

No Ammo at all, just being up front with some great changes at Ingle Farm. For those who have been around the club a while, desperately want change for the better and some on field results. So if that makes people want to beat us well I say bring it on! We want and am looking forward to the challenge in 2012!
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Riddler » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:44 pm

TOSSER wrote:
Texas Rattlesnake wrote:I believe the owls made an appointment last night...

I have heard they appointed Chris Eaton - B Grade Assistant at South Gawler last season. Don't know much more than that.

Anyone know if this is the same Chris Eaton who played at Gepps Cross years ago?
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby dee man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:10 am

hotpies wrote:

Do you know Deeman?

havent taken alot of notice of any thing in footy at the moment mate because 90% of the stuff you hear at this stage doesnt end up happening
we have all seen it to much before
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 8 times

Postby red strip roo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:38 am

Is it true that Ingle Farm looking for a b grade coach?? I hear the guy appointed for the b"s a month ago has already pulled the pin???
Any truth in this Half bank flanker
red strip roo
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:48 am

red strip roo wrote:Is it true that Ingle Farm looking for a b grade coach?? I hear the guy appointed for the b"s a month ago has already pulled the pin???

No truth at all in this rumour! Everything is moving along just nicely at the Farmers!! :D :D :D
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby DKL » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:48 am

red strip roo wrote:Is it true that Ingle Farm looking for a b grade coach?? I hear the guy appointed for the b"s a month ago has already pulled the pin???

Cant see that being correct Red strip roo as the club has turned the corner and have 178 new players at the moment and can afford to lose any of the existing playing group as the recruits the have will cover anyone.

Things have changed big time at Ingle farm!!!!!!!!!!!!
DKL
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby morell » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:50 am

Its too early to tell but this div is going to be pretty tough again I reckon.

SHOC staying down - you dont win the GF by 10 goals by chance.
Ingle Farm recruiting well - they were mid table in Div 6 early last year.
Angle Vale - top 3 last year and should improve again, strong across the ground.
North Pines - if they can continue with the form they showed late should be a massive threat
TTG - huge depth in the club, could be anything.
Smithfield - well who knows, but they were in Div 5 last time they had two teams!
Athelstone - similar to TTG, never know who is going to 'retire' from the upper divs and play out their days in the C's
Mitchell Park - need to do some recruiting but were competitive for most of the year in 2011
Modbury - If the sand baggers played where they are supposed to, wont be anywhere near the easy beats they were last year. Again, similar to TTG and Athelstone.
Flinders Uni - Improved a lot over the course of the year, do so again in the off season and add some genuine quality and you never know.

6-7 genuine contenders IMO.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby finn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:05 am

morell wrote:Its too early to tell but this div is going to be pretty tough again I reckon.

Angle Vale - top 3 last year and should improve again, strong across the ground.
North Pines - if they can continue with the form they showed late should be a massive threat
Smithfield - well who knows, but they were in Div 5 last time they had two teams!
Athelstone - similar to TTG, never know who is going to 'retire' from the upper divs and play out their days in the C's
Mitchell Park - need to do some recruiting but were competitive for most of the year in 2011
Modbury - If the sand baggers played where they are supposed to, wont be anywhere near the easy beats they were last year. Again, similar to TTG and Athelstone.
Flinders Uni - Improved a lot over the course of the year, do so again in the off season and add some genuine quality and you never know.

going on other threads athelstone won't be in this grade and it sounds like flinders park may apply to div 7.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby TOSSER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:08 am

morell wrote:Its too early to tell but this div is going to be pretty tough again I reckon.

If SHOC do stay down I think that means IF stay in Div 6 if that's what they want. Henley finished bottom of Div 6 this year so they will be in Div 7 too.
TOSSER
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby The Riddler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 am

Has this been confirmed yet? If so I can't believe it, Carroll or no Carroll they will dominate Div 7 yet again and it will leave 9 teams playing for 1 spot at the end of the year. Not fair really!

With the coach gone and rumours of some of their key experienced players leaving North Pines may struggle.
Athelstone have ditched their D grade so I would assume they won't be in Div 7 next year.

Mitchell Park to be the big improver IMO and be the main threat to SHOC (if they're staying down).
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League