SAAFL Division 2 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 2 grand final?

Broadview
20%
Flinders Park
7%
Gepps Cross
11%
PAOC
4%
PHOS Camden
9%
PNU
16%
Scotch OC
7%
SHOC
5%
SMOSH
15%
Walkerville
5%

Total votes : 95

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Cash 123 wrote:Geeez the PNU supporters have come out of the woodwork over the past 6 months

The real supporters were never in the woodwork to begin with. PNU till I die.

Hope you didn't say the same thing about the Port Adelaide Football Club...
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Solid away win for PNU on the weekend. That bloody Cicolella is a ball magnet. Shut him down and SMOSH are nothing.

Strong second half by PNU saw them deserving winners last Saturday.

But as you know SFA about our club you obviously would know that even if Cicolella wasn't "shut down" it is more than just the one player as to why the side is struggling to be competitive over four quarters in a Division which ultra competitive this season.

Happy to stand corrected....but am I wrong in thinking your mob went sliding down from Divvy 1 back to Div 3 on a whole heap of "nothing" yourselves not all that long ago.....or could it be your the club arsehole......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 pm

< Ive edited myself - there's just too many lines here>
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1743 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Neverwasgood » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Yes we went from div 1 to 3..... But I don't get the arsehole bit? Please explain.
Neverwasgood

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Neverwasgood wrote:Yes we went from div 1 to 3..... But I don't get the arsehole bit? Please explain.

Read it again....you might figure it out....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Neverwasgood » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Nah still lost. I'm over it, but if anyone else gets it and thinks its funny/witty I am happy to re-visit.
Neverwasgood

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby absolutebath » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Solid away win for PNU on the weekend. That bloody Cicolella is a ball magnet. Shut him down and SMOSH are nothing.

But as you know SFA about our club you obviously would know that even if Cicolella wasn't "shut down" it is more than just the one player as to why the side is struggling to be competitive over four quarters in a Division which ultra competitive this season.

Happy to stand corrected....but am I wrong in thinking your mob went sliding down from Divvy 1 back to Div 3 on a whole heap of "nothing" yourselves not all that long ago.....or could it be your the club arsehole......

Spoke to a few mates who play at pnu, and they rate/respect Smosh as a very solid team and right up there, and certainly didn't think that they were a "one man team" at all, even if cicolella did carve up, as he has been by the looks of it all season.
Furthermore They couldn't believe Smosh were, currently, at the bottom of the ladder, just shows that division 2 is the closest (and possibly the most exciting coming into the final five rounds) in the amateur league. Any team is more than capable of beating anyone else on their day!
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby jo172 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 am

On that, what odds would Cicoella be for the Medal even considering SMOSH's relatively unsuccessful season? Seems to be BOG near every week, and the umpires do tend to notice blokes they've heard of.

(Is also arguably the, if not one of, the best pound for pound footballers in the division)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby bird of prey » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 am

Neverwasgood wrote:Nah still lost. I'm over it, but if anyone else gets it and thinks its funny/witty I am happy to re-visit.

I'm with you. I'm completely lost......
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am

Really? Cohiba said blackwhite was the club arsehole because he said said SMOSH were rabble without Cicca.

FFS you lot, it's not rocket science :roll:

On the subject of him winning a medal- he might go down the same path as the Magareys.... always polled well - BUT.... ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Really? Cohiba said blackwhite was the club arsehole because he said said SMOSH were rabble without Cicca.

FFS you lot, it's not rocket science :roll:

On the subject of him winning a medal- he might go down the same path as the Magareys.... always polled well - BUT.... ;)

The confusion lies in the fact that BW is a nice young fella full of passion for his beloved Falcons. Never was good would be confused as he is clearly the club arsehole ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Couldn't be an arsehole if he tried - there are plenty more people that are more AH worthy then neverwasgood

Footy Chick

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:30 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
Cash 123 wrote:Geeez the PNU supporters have come out of the woodwork over the past 6 months

The real supporters were never in the woodwork to begin with. PNU till I die.

Hope you didn't say the same thing about the Port Adelaide Football Club...

I still support the real Port Adelaide football club. Have loved going to watch some of the U18 games this year, will cherish it before it is all taken away next year. Sorry if I don't support the power reserves. This is the result of what happens when you have non PAFC people making decisions for the club. But this is a whole different topic...
Last edited by Blackwhite on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Cohiba wrote:

Your correct, the comp is great this year, its super competitive. Also correct that we went from divvy 1 to divvy 3. Shit happens. I'm confident of the future and where my great club is heading. PNU is here to win premierships at the highest level possible. Enjoy divvy 3 next year while we will be enjoying divvy 1.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Your correct, the comp is great this year, its super competitive. Also correct that we went from divvy 1 to divvy 3. Shit happens. I'm confident of the future and where my great club is heading. PNU is here to win premierships at the highest level possible. Enjoy divvy 3 next year while we will be enjoying divvy 1.

dont get ahead of yourself champ - youll have to join the seaton rams :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:09 pm

marbles wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

dont get ahead of yourself champ - youll have to join the seaton rams :D

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't recall the falcons going out in straight sets??
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Off the top of my head it was either 02 or 03 (or maybe even both) all my stats are in boxes at the minute so I'd have to check..

It couldn't have been 04 as that was the year we got relegated.

Footy Chick

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:48 pm

blackwhite in july, stated 'we will see u in div 1'

no further comment :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:30 am

Footy Chick wrote:Off the top of my head it was either 02 or 03 (or maybe even both) all my stats are in boxes at the minute so I'd have to check..

It couldn't have been 04 as that was the year we got relegated.

According to the SAAFL website's history page each of those years PNU finished 4th at the end of the minor round. In 2002 PAC knocked PNU off in a First Semi after PNU got through the elimination final and in 2003 PNU were knocked out in the elimination final against Old Iggies.

Further examination of the history page indicates its never happened
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:05 pm

and again my memory isn't what it used to be, but I reckon 2003 final against Iggies may have been at Kilburn and James Stagg and Jamie Battams rocked up late and hammered/hungover. In fact, I reckon Owen had to go and pick them up!

I could also be mixing up 2 completely different games :lol:

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League